LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 346 users in the forums

49ers pick 7th!

Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

RT @benjshap Ryan Mallett? > 49ers have targeted CB Prince Amukamara at No. 7. (Probably don't have to clarify but, yes, just made that up.)

I would love Prince
Originally posted by dragon79:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Quote:
MaioccoCSN Matt Maiocco

RT @benjshap Ryan Mallett? > 49ers have targeted CB Prince Amukamara at No. 7. (Probably don't have to clarify but, yes, just made that up.)

I would love Prince

Prince
Originally posted by communist:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
That would be awesome. Who knows, if we get Harbaugh, maybe he can pull some strings and get his boy Luck with a blockbuster trade?

I don't know if that's really the best move honestly. Trading for Luck is going to cost us a bunch of picks in this draft and probably our first rounder next year. I remember everyone was all over Eli Manning, he pulled his stunt and the Chargers got a king's ransom for him. While Luck is better than Manning, my point is that it may not be worth it to trade up for Luck.

I agree. I don't think we should give up this year's picks and next year's picks for an unproven player. I say we trade down and pick up more picks and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round like Stanzi and bring in a veteran QB like Palmer or Orton.

Take a risk! The Giants and Chargers took risks! Got Manning and Rivers! Not bad risks.

Chargers go the better deal and they traded Manning.

Didn't know Rivers won a Super Bowl...
that's the ultimate answer...would rex grossman be on rivers' level if he had been won the superbowl?
rivers was one of the best QB in the league nearly every season, eli is just a good QB but nothing special.

Did you just compare Rex Grossman to Eli Manning? Like really?
dont you get it? look at their defenses...imo, grossman is worse than eli, no question. but eli is overrated...i said it already today: eli didnt do much before the sb-run and he didnt do much after it.

Rivers had the #1 defense in the NFL this year and couldn't get his team to the playoffs...
I've read some posts saying there is no way to trade up to #1 to get Luck.
According to the draft value chart, we can trade up, but it will cost us.
#1=3000 points

We give up #7 pick (1500 points), next years first round pick (guessing around 900 points), our 2nd round #46 pick (440 points).

That so far gives us 2,840 points.

To get to around 3,000 we need to throw in either our 3rd round pick #76 (210 points) or both of our 4th round picks.

So we switch #1 picks, give up next years first, this years 2nd and 3rd to get Luck
or
we can switch #1 picks, give up next years first, this years 2nd and both of this years 4th round picks to get Luck.

A lot to give up, but it is possible.

Remember, we could always trade a player instead of some of these picks to move up.

Just wanted to give you guys different scenarios. Don't think the Niners will do this though.

I hope to god we don't stretch for a QB. If a season one ready QB is not there at seven we should defer the QB need to later in the draft. We have other big needs we should address at 7 or trade back for. For once we need to make a pass rusher a top priority.
the point system is bogus. if we offer enough carolina will take it. i doubt it would take the whole draft.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
the point system is bogus. if we offer enough carolina will take it. i doubt it would take the whole draft.

Exactly.

QBs drive the league now, and if you don't have a top talent at that position you will not be able to compete with the best teams. That's just how it is now.

QBs taken outside the first very rarely become franchise QBs. Look around the league and tell me how many teams that are set at QB have a QB that was taken outside the first round? Brady and Romo. That's pretty much it.
Originally posted by ninerbrand:

who is that?
Originally posted by bigmike55:
With the 7th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select...

Jake Locker QB University of Washington.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ninerbrand:
I would love to see what Harbaugh could do with a player like Cam Newton

My thoughts exactly. The guy is extremely raw but under the right coaching staff he could be a top 5 NFL QB.

I could go for this--but only if we get a coach like Harbaugh that can develop a QB.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:
Originally posted by escobar49:

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK I am getting old---who is this QB? lol
Does anyone know around where our second rounder is going to be?
Originally posted by Genius1310:
Originally posted by Genius1310:
So its agreed, pass D > pass rush? BS
Our front 7 > our back 4
---IMO---
i dont know what u see but we dont create any constant pressure on the qb, besides justin smith...

I see enough pressure....
What I see more, and what I'm sick of seeing, are wide open opposing WRs
We don't get great pressure, or constant pressure...agreed, and I would love a monster pass rusher, but I would prefer a shutdown corner.

remember that 81 draft and Bill Walsh drafted secondary the first 3 picks---if you need guys there--go get them!
Doesn't Carolina have Clausen and Matt Moore? I thought they were set with young QBs, doubt they take another one with the #1. If we could offer them multiple picks I think they'd take it, they need a lot more than another young QB.
Share 49ersWebzone