LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

49ers pick 7th!

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
That would be awesome. Who knows, if we get Harbaugh, maybe he can pull some strings and get his boy Luck with a blockbuster trade?

I don't know if that's really the best move honestly. Trading for Luck is going to cost us a bunch of picks in this draft and probably our first rounder next year. I remember everyone was all over Eli Manning, he pulled his stunt and the Chargers got a king's ransom for him. While Luck is better than Manning, my point is that it may not be worth it to trade up for Luck.

I agree. I don't think we should give up this year's picks and next year's picks for an unproven player. I say we trade down and pick up more picks and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round like Stanzi and bring in a veteran QB like Palmer or Orton.

Take a risk! The Giants and Chargers took risks! Got Manning and Rivers! Not bad risks.

Chargers go the better deal and they traded Manning.

I doubt it. Manning has a Super Bowl. Advantage GMen
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
God dam it, who said it's official?

The Seahawks two outside opponents that we did not face were 21-11, while the Niners opponents the Hawks did not face were 20-12.

The Niners will select 7th regardless of the game tonight.

It's official coming from you, Mad.
Originally posted by MILFS:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
That would be awesome. Who knows, if we get Harbaugh, maybe he can pull some strings and get his boy Luck with a blockbuster trade?

I don't know if that's really the best move honestly. Trading for Luck is going to cost us a bunch of picks in this draft and probably our first rounder next year. I remember everyone was all over Eli Manning, he pulled his stunt and the Chargers got a king's ransom for him. While Luck is better than Manning, my point is that it may not be worth it to trade up for Luck.

I agree. I don't think we should give up this year's picks and next year's picks for an unproven player. I say we trade down and pick up more picks and draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round like Stanzi and bring in a veteran QB like Palmer or Orton.

Take a risk! The Giants and Chargers took risks! Got Manning and Rivers! Not bad risks.

Chargers go the better deal and they traded Manning.

I doubt it. Manning has a Super Bowl. Advantage GMen
oh, here comes the killer-argument, the ring...he didnt that much before the ring and he doesnt do much after that.
I've got the Niners projected to take Peterson at number 7 overall.
answer?
Originally posted by DominantQE:
answer?
on what question?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Won't he be long gone by then?
I love it!

At QB we could have Newton, Mallett and Gabbert if he comes out. At DE/OLB we can nab Quinn or Kerrigan. At DT/DE we can nab Dareus or Bowers. At CB, Amukamara.

Each of these would satisfy a huge need. Because QB is so important, I would want Newton because of his talent and upside at the most critical position. After that, I want Dareus, Amukamara, Quinn or Bowers. Maybe Gabbert and Mallett, too.

I am happy where we are picking.

would LOVE if we could get him
This guy won the butkus award AND plays in a 3-4 DEFENSE

Tired of seeing Lawson and Haralson locked up in the arms of an O-tackle???
Tired of seeing opposing qb's just chillin' in the pocket???

Than draft this guy and let the sacking BEGIN!!!!

Prince Amuthaf***** FTW!!!
Err....
lucky number 7!
I think they will go either newton or mallett
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DANADA:
I think they will go either newton or mallett

Or Gabbert.

It depends on how the draft falls, how fast he runs at the combine/campus workout, etc. Generally, CB's are not drafted high.

Since there are a number of QB hungry teams in front of the Niners who project to select a QB: Carolina, Cincinnati, Arizona, it simply takes three other non-QB's to be taken before SF for Peterson to fall.

I project:
1. Car- Luck
2. Denver- Bowers
3. Bills- Fairley
4. Cincinnati- Gabbert
5. Cards- Newton
6. Browns- Green

In this scenario, the Niners are on the clock with Peterson as an option.
Share 49ersWebzone