There are 99 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Highest we can now Draft is 4th

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, just as I speak, the Cowboys score and beat the Eagles.

Now, looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Thank you, Cowgirls.

Go Seattle!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, just as I speak, the Cowboys score and beat the Eagles.

Now, looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Thank you, Cowgirls.

7th or 8th pick gives the team a lot of possibilities
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,410
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, just as I speak, the Cowboys score and beat the Eagles.

Now, looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Thank you, Cowgirls.

Go Seattle!

If Seatlle wins we get the #7 pick?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,063
Originally posted by 49Fever:
my post wasn't perfectly correct so here it is again

Before the afternoon games here's the situation

1- Carolina

with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)

with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength of schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)

with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions

So right now we could pick
#4 if we lose AND denver wins
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston

we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost

if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose (and so gain a spot from what is written above) but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles must lose AND we must win the coin toss

That's the complete picture not taking into account ties (too complicated)
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,410
God dam it! Somebody answer me.
Originally posted by mayo49:
God dam it! Somebody answer me.

Yes.

MM is stating on his blog that he believes the Niners select 7th regardless of the Seahawk game. I am going to do some math
Originally posted by mayo49:
God dam it! Somebody answer me.

we will still ahve 7 if seattle loses cause we have the worse SOS
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,410
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 49Fever:
my post wasn't perfectly correct so here it is again

Before the afternoon games here's the situation

1- Carolina

with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)

with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength of schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)

with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions

So right now we could pick
#4 if we lose AND denver wins
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston

we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost

if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose (and so gain a spot from what is written above) but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles must lose AND we must win the coin toss

That's the complete picture not taking into account ties (too complicated)

Thanks.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,410
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by mayo49:
God dam it! Somebody answer me.

Yes.

MM is stating on his blog that he believes the Niners select 7th regardless of the Seahawk game. I am going to do some math

No, if Seattle loses they'll have a weaker SOS. So as a now we're picking #8, pending Seattle/St. Louis.
I have matching numbers for the Seahawks and Niners if Seattle loses.
seattle will pick ahead of us b/c they have the worse SOS, i.e. the easier opponents...
edit: niners have .488 and the chickens should have .4896875 if they lose, so we should pick ahead of them.
correction: right now, the chickens have a .490, according to espn-homepage...so:
1.it's impossible that this number will drop b/c if the rams win, the chickens' SOS will automatically improve.
2. .492 should be the SOS after the chickens' loss.

[ Edited by communist on Jan 2, 2011 at 16:52:12 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,410
Originally posted by communist:
seattle will pick ahead of us b/c they have the worse SOS, i.e. the easier opponents...
edit: niners have .488 and the chickens should have .4896875 if they lose, so we should pick ahead of them.

So, no matter what happens we pick ahead of them which will be #7?

[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 2, 2011 at 16:53:37 ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,410
MaioccoCSN
.The 49ers will pick No. 7 overall -- as best as I can tell.
less than 10 seconds ago via TweetDeck .If Cowboys beat Eagles, 49ers would be locked in at 7th -- regardless of Seattle outcome. 49ers have worse SOS than Seattle.

As best he can tell doesn't make it official.
In looking at the opponents for the Seahawks and Niners, the two teams only faced two different opponents. The rest were common opponents.

The Niners faced the Eagles and Packers. The Eagles finished four games over .500, as did the Packers. Both finished with 10-6 records.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks faced the Bears and the Giants. The Bears finished 11-5, six games over .500 and the Giants finished 9-7, two games over .500.

Unless I am missing something, both the Niners and Seahawks played equal strength, since their differing opponents finished with a 20-12 record.

Cheers.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
In looking at the opponents for the Seahawks and Niners, the two teams only faced two different opponents. The rest were common opponents.

The Niners faced the Eagles and Packers. The Eagles finished four games over .500, as did the Packers. Both finished with 10-6 records.

Meanwhile, the Seahawks faced the Bears and the Giants. The Bears finished 11-5, six games over .500 and the Giants finished 9-7, two games over .500.

Unless I am missing something, both the Niners and Seahawks played equal strength, since their differing opponents finished with a 20-12 record.

Cheers.

So that would mean a coin flip between 7th and 8th. I hope we get the 7th. Gives us options because Seattle badly needs a QB, and CB, DL, and Safety. Someone might want to move up.