• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Buffallo said theyre rolling with Fitzpatrick

And I read that Cincy wants to roll with Palmer for at least 1 more year

Both IMO have too many needs to take a QB in round 1. They could be likely trade partners...especially Buffalo, which needs bodies.

Both need QBs and most people understand QB is the most important position on the team. Period.

If, for some reason, Luck was there when either of them pick, they'd pick him. He won't get past Carolina if he comes out, anyway.

I see what you're saying, but If the right trade is there, I think Buffalo would be foolish not to pull the trigger. If anyone watched the Jet game today, you know that Buffalo has bigger problems than the Qb position. They need an entire DL! lol

well this is a draft that is stacked with DL prospects so they will have plenty to look at... but DL don't sell as many tickets as a potential franchise QB's.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Both IMO have too many needs to take a QB in round 1. They could be likely trade partners...especially Buffalo, which needs bodies.

Both need QBs and most people understand QB is the most important position on the team. Period.

If, for some reason, Luck was there when either of them pick, they'd pick him. He won't get past Carolina if he comes out, anyway.

I see what you're saying, but If the right trade is there, I think Buffalo would be foolish not to pull the trigger. If anyone watched the Jet game today, you know that Buffalo has bigger problems than the Qb position. They need an entire DL! lol

well this is a draft that is stacked with DL prospects so they will have plenty to look at... but DL don't sell as many tickets as a potential franchise QB's.

Very true. And Buffalo really needs to sell tickets.

QB is the least of their worries IMO. The team (FO and Coaches) seems to like Fitzpatrick and the fan base does as well. I think he's done enough this year to warrant a chance to be the starting QB of the future. I think they'll draft a QB this year but probably a mid-round prospect. Unless they can somehow get Luck in a trade, I think they go BPA at 3.

DE/DT is their biggest need along with OT. Bowers, Dareus or Fairley would make the most sense for this team IMO. You team any of those guys with Kyle Williams and you have the makings of a nasty D-line. They could also use a shutdown CB as well and Peterson is another option. I just can't see the Bills selecting a QB in the first round over any of those players, unless it's Luck.

I agree that those players wouldn't sell tickets but the Bills have to draft for BPA IMO. It just so happens that the BPA would most likely be their biggest need.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

QB is the least of their worries IMO. The team (FO and Coaches) seems to like Fitzpatrick and the fan base does as well. I think he's done enough this year to warrant a chance to be the starting QB of the future. I think they'll draft a QB this year but probably a mid-round prospect. Unless they can somehow get Luck in a trade, I think they go BPA at 3.

DE/DT is their biggest need along with OT. Bowers, Dareus or Fairley would make the most sense for this team IMO. You team any of those guys with Kyle Williams and you have the makings of a nasty D-line. They could also use a shutdown CB as well and Peterson is another option. I just can't see the Bills selecting a QB in the first round over any of those players, unless it's Luck.

I agree that those players wouldn't sell tickets but the Bills have to draft for BPA IMO. It just so happens that the BPA would most likely be their biggest need.

I've heard they aren't that high on him.

Most of the people I've talked to or from what I've read from other forums seem to like Fitzpatrick. I think there will be skeptics though because he's had an up and down season.

I think if the Bills do decide to upgrade the QB position, it'll be through FA. I just don't think there is a QB that warrants a Top 3 pick besides Luck. They could always trade down into the teens and draft a QB there while obtaining more draft picks later. That might make the most sense.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Most of the people I've talked to or from what I've read from other forums seem to like Fitzpatrick. I think there will be skeptics though because he's had an up and down season.

I think if the Bills do decide to upgrade the QB position, it'll be through FA. I just don't think there is a QB that warrants a Top 3 pick besides Luck. They could always trade down into the teens and draft a QB there while obtaining more draft picks later. That might make the most sense.

hopefully your right.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

So long, Cam Newton. Hello, Blaine Gabbert ... ? @mrmessyjesse Yay we suck the least! Now they get to draft a qb before we do!!!
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

So long, Cam Newton. Hello, Blaine Gabbert ... ? @mrmessyjesse Yay we suck the least! Now they get to draft a qb before we do!!!

If we draft Gabbert that early I'll have to reconsider my loyalty to the Niners.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
With the 10th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft the San Francisco 49ers select........

Agreed. The only teams that are certain to draft a QB in front of us are Carolina and Arizona. I may be misisng a team, but right now it looks like at worse, we get the 3rd best QB (personally hoping for Newton). Fitzpatrick has done well with very little and Palmer may be able to resurrect himself with a new group of young receivers and a new coaching staff.
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

i dont want f**king newton anyways
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

yeah why would you want the most talented QB in the draft screw those types!
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Quote:
mattbarrows Matt Barrows

yeah why would you want the most talented QB in the draft screw those types!

I have the Niners projected with the 8th or 9th pick after their win today. I believe they will have to flip a coin with Seattle if Seattle loses to the Rams today.
And, just as I speak, the Cowboys score and beat the Eagles.

Now, looking at the 7th or 8th pick. Thank you, Cowgirls.