There are 186 users in the forums

oldies' quick New Year's Mock

Not really gung-ho over any particular GM/HC decision. I really just want someone with NFL experience and wisdom. Our team has been horribly developed, coached, and utilized for years. Just bring in someone that knows what they are doing, and the personnel will positively respond. Someone that will bring an aggressive offensive attack. More 2 back Shotgun looks, as well as the Pistol Shotgun. Add in a 4-3 defense that attacks, please.

:[Free Agent] - San Francisco 49ers - WR / Lance Moore

:[Free Agent] - San Francisco 49ers - CB / Fabian Washington

____________________________________________________________________________________

:[RD 1] - San Francisco 49ers select - QB / Blaine Gabbert {Missouri}

:[RD 2] - San Francisco 49ers select - DE / Jeremy Beal {Oklahoma}

:[RD 3] - San Francisco 49ers select - CB / Johnny Patrick {Louisville}

:[RD 4] - San Francisco 49ers select - RB / Noel Devine {West Virginia}

:[RD 4] - San Francisco 49ers select - WR / Matt Szczur {Villanova}

*** SF trades WR Josh Morgan + DE/OLB Parys Haralson to the Baltimore Ravens for their late 4th round pick. ***

:[RD 4] - San Francisco 49ers select - DE / Brooks Reed {Arizona}

:[RD 5] - San Francisco 49ers select - DT / Chris Neild {West Virginia}

:[RD 6] - San Francisco 49ers select - FB / Anthony Sherman {Connecticut}

:[RD 6] - San Francisco 49ers select - LB / Jonas Mouton {Michigan}

:[RD 7] - San Francisco 49ers select - OT / Rob McGill {Louisiana Tech}

:[RD 7] - San Francisco 49ers select - OG / Thomas Claiborne {Boston College}

Man oldie (I'm gonna call you oldie from now on) you sure know how to make Mocks. I always love the effort you put in them, definitely would love it if it happened.
Finally a realistic mock draft. Kinda nice, except idk about Devine being available in the 4th round
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Man oldie (I'm gonna call you oldie from now on) you sure know how to make Mocks. I always love the effort you put in them, definitely would love it if it happened.

Thanks... I like making mocks, so I'm always glad when others get something out of them.
Originally posted by TheGoldenState:
Finally a realistic mock draft. Kinda nice, except idk about Devine being available in the 4th round

Yeah, Devine could have a great Combine and elevate his status. That said, he did have a rather mediocre season. A lot of that was his injury, but he will have size concerns that could drop him this far. There are a good number of backs that could come out and push him to the 4th... maybe.
Am I just not seeing it or is josh morgan not there. You think we are not gonna have him next year?
That is the worst mock draft you could have ever generated...
I like it a lot except I'm 99% sure Alex won't come back here and they won't want to bring him back. You need to find another QB to start over Gabbert. Or he could start right away but we'd need to have a beast of a run game to compensate for it.
Blaine Gabbert in the top 10? Beautifully presented as always, but I can't believe you would think that another shotgun system QB would be worth a first round pick, much less a top 10 pick.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Not sure about the picks but love the look! Very nice!

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Blaine Gabbert in the top 10? Beautifully presented as always, but I can't believe you would think that another shotgun system QB would be worth a first round pick, much less a top 10 pick.

Coming outta college, Gabbert is much better passer than Alex Smith was. Gabbert goes through much more reads as to Urban Meyers Spread Option.
Love the Devine & Neild picks but I'm a homer.
Originally posted by bigwads:
That is the worst mock draft you could have ever generated...

Really? I thought this has been the best one I've seen on this site so far.
Other ones seem very very unrealistic (for ex: Getting OG Mankins, CB Joseph and Andrwe Luck).

This has been the most realistic mock draft ive seen so far.
good mock props on the effort man. I like Gab as a QB I doubt he enters the draft though

Only know is I dont like trading Morgan and Haralon for just a 4th we could prolly just get that for Haralson, plus I would like to keep Morgan as the #3 behind Moore( prolly a product of Brees, and system might suck) and Crabs
Alex Smith as your starting QB? No thank you. NO MORE ALEX SMITH!!!
Share 49ersWebzone