-
GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by prometheus:
I watched Blaine Gabbert and was very impressed. I actually think he is better then
Luck. I think Luck is better trained but Gabbert has more ability. I especially liked his quickness and grace and until you watch him, it is hard to describe. He moves around like Joe Montana did with smoothness but with a style like those guys who could elude a wolverine in a phone booth. I think his passing motion could improve as he has a little hop before he throws but he moves like a ballet dancer and always seems balanced. I think if we can get Gabbert or Tolzien and Luck is too hard to acquire, I would not groan but get a DT or corner and get these guys later. I tell you, if he has the temperament of a top qb, this guy could be very good.
-
OnTheClock
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 38,573
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by prometheus:
I watched Blaine Gabbert and was very impressed. I actually think he is better then
Luck. I think Luck is better trained but Gabbert has more ability. I especially liked his quickness and grace and until you watch him, it is hard to describe. He moves around like Joe Montana did with smoothness but with a style like those guys who could elude a wolverine in a phone booth. I think his passing motion could improve as he has a little hop before he throws but he moves like a ballet dancer and always seems balanced. I think if we can get Gabbert or Tolzien and Luck is too hard to acquire, I would not groan but get a DT or corner and get these guys later. I tell you, if he has the temperament of a top qb, this guy could be very good.

-
GhostofFredDean74
- Hall of Fame
-
- Posts: 30,082
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by prometheus:
I watched Blaine Gabbert and was very impressed. I actually think he is better then
Luck. I think Luck is better trained but Gabbert has more ability. I especially liked his quickness and grace and until you watch him, it is hard to describe. He moves around like Joe Montana did with smoothness but with a style like those guys who could elude a wolverine in a phone booth. I think his passing motion could improve as he has a little hop before he throws but he moves like a ballet dancer and always seems balanced. I think if we can get Gabbert or Tolzien and Luck is too hard to acquire, I would not groan but get a DT or corner and get these guys later. I tell you, if he has the temperament of a top qb, this guy could be very good.


-
RollinWith21n52
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 2,948
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by prometheus:
I watched Blaine Gabbert and was very impressed. I actually think he is better then
Luck. I think Luck is better trained but Gabbert has more ability. I especially liked his quickness and grace and until you watch him, it is hard to describe. He moves around like Joe Montana did with smoothness but with a style like those guys who could elude a wolverine in a phone booth. I think his passing motion could improve as he has a little hop before he throws but he moves like a ballet dancer and always seems balanced. I think if we can get Gabbert or Tolzien and Luck is too hard to acquire, I would not groan but get a DT or corner and get these guys later. I tell you, if he has the temperament of a top qb, this guy could be very good.



I think Gabbert is better than Montana already. He's going to be the greatest QB of all time...by FAR! Therefore I think we should draft him in the later rounds.
I'm not sure where to begin...
Niners need to lose this game. They have been winning meaningless games late in the season last couple seasons and that got them no where except lower picks. Do a Don Nelson and tank this one! I want Patrick Peterson CB from LSU.
-
rigs49
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 4,421
Gentlemen one question, does Caroline throw in the towel on Clausen?
-
WINiner
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 15,909
Originally posted by rigs49:
Gentlemen one question, does Caroline throw in the towel on Clausen?
Luck will give them no choice. His dad will never allow Carolina to ruin his career. There is no way in hell Luck ever plays a snap for Carolina.
-
hungarian9erfan
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,604
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by rigs49:
Gentlemen one question, does Caroline throw in the towel on Clausen?
Luck will give them no choice. His dad will never allow Carolina to ruin his career. There is no way in hell Luck ever plays a snap for Carolina.
i think the owner of the panthers would like to save as much money as he can. so i guess he would be more than happy to trade back.
-
49Fever
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,763
Before the afternoon games here's the situation
1- Carolina
with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)
with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength os schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)
with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions
So right now we could pick
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost
if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles and packers must lose
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
I think that's the complete picture
-
Jcool
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 44,532
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Before the afternoon games here's the situation
1- Carolina
with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)
with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength os schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)
with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions
So right now we could pick
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost
if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles and packers must lose
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
I think that's the complete picture
Quote:
Matt Barrows
TK draft-pick update no.1 @timkawakami 49ers fan dream of No. 2 overall pick is dashed. Best can do now is No. 4, and still could get worse.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 2, 2011 at 13:32:00 ]
-
blizzuntz
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 56,269
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Before the afternoon games here's the situation
1- Carolina
with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)
with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength os schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)
with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions
So right now we could pick
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost
if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles and packers must lose
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
I think that's the complete picture
-
Vonjohnson80
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 33
Originally posted by 49Fever:
Before the afternoon games here's the situation
1- Carolina
with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)
with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength os schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)
with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions
So right now we could pick
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost
if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles and packers must lose
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
I think that's the complete picture
Great post. Thank you for the information.
-
49Fever
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,763
my post wasn't perfectly correct so here it is again
Before the afternoon games here's the situation
1- Carolina
with 4 wins
2- Broncos (game vs chargers)
3- Bengals (lost)
4- Bills (lost)
with 5 wins : (texans cowboys are very close in strength of schedule)
5- Cards or 49ers (depending which team lose the game)
6- Texans (game vs Jaguars)
7- Cowboys (game at Eagles)
8- Browns (lost)
with 6 wins :
9- Seahawks
10- Cards or 49ers (slight chance of going in front or coin toss with seahawks)
11- Titans
12- Redskins
13- Vikings
14- Lions
So right now we could pick
#4 if we lose AND denver wins
#5 if we lose
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#9 if we win AND one of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
#10 if we win AND none of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost
if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose (and so gain a spot from what is written above) but then the following scenario must happen :
If chicago AND NYG win
If chicago win but NYG lose THEN eagles must lose
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles must lose AND we must win the coin toss
That's the complete picture not taking into account ties (too complicated)
[ Edited by 49Fever on Jan 2, 2011 at 14:38:14 ]
-
49Fever
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 1,763
updated :
OK guys here's the draft picture:
dallas and houston won so we draft #7 for sure if seattle wins tonight !
if they lose it's a coin toss between us so we're drafting #8 at worst
yessssssssssssssssssss
-
communist
- Veteran
-
- Posts: 12,475
Originally posted by 49Fever:
#7 if we win AND dallas + seattle + houston win
#8 if we win AND two of those three win : dallas / seattle / houston
we cannot pick #6 as the browns already lost
if we win, we could go in front of seattle even if they lose (and so gain a spot from what is written above) but then the following scenario must happen :
If NYG win but chicago lose THEN eagles must lose AND we must win the coin toss
updated.