LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

rumor luck staying in school

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Stanford is right down the road if he wants to go to night school.................

LMAO
id want to stay in school instead of going to carolina
Originally posted by 49oz:
Isn't there a really good chance that in the new CBA there will be some type of cap that rookies can get in their first contract? You hear someone make a comment almost every week about "how lame it is that an unproven guy with no NFL experience can make so much more $$$ than a proven vet."

Tebow and Leinert are the 2 names that really come to mind as players that would have made way more if they came out when they were hot. But there was no "rookie cap" in effect at the time.

Even if Luck is still the top prospect after another year in college (which could easily change with injury etc), he could really be leaving some dough on the table if the new CBA finally corrects this "loop hole" for unproven players.

i'm pretty sure if they did put on a cap it would stay pretty high. these high draft picks are typically the only thing that will sell tickets for bad teams. because of that, they need the contracts to stay pretty high to lure these guys out of college.
Originally posted by okdkid:
If Harbaugh leaves, Luck leaves. It's that simple.
If that's true, he's a dummy. School ain't goin' anywhere, but millions of dollars is.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Unless Harbaugh is staying, I think he's crazy. Maybe if he wasn't going to make millions, I'd say pursue the mother f**king Stanford degree, but at the end of the day, he's a football player.

Only way that happens is harbaugh staying. Niners should be calling him and offering 10 million plus trading up for luck...
Originally posted by pantstickle:
If that's true, he's a dummy. School ain't goin' anywhere, but millions of dollars is.

Your right, he could get injured like Bradford and....of wait he still got drafted 1st overall plus an extra year of college p***y.
C'mon, we all know Pro football Weakly is trash. I ignore their stuff.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
I would too if Carolina was waiting for me.
Originally posted by vaden:

They will be again next season too... If not then the bills or us without alex...

• vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by vaden:

They will be again next season too... If not then the bills or us without alex...

Unlikely to be the same team two straight years. NFC South is easily the worst division to be in, going up against Brees, Ryan and Freeman with lots of talent around all three.

Of course, the best division for Luck to go is ours, the worst in all of sports history. Carolina went .500 against the NFC West, 0-11 against the rest of the league. If Carolina were still in the NFC West, they probably would have won this division.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

Your right, he could get injured like Bradford and....of wait he still got drafted 1st overall plus an extra year of college p***y.

Yes, another year of that grade A stanford p***y.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Stanford is right down the road if he wants to go to night school.................

Stanford, night school? Please.......
Getting injured is a legit concern. Plus, waiting just means he's another year away from starting the clock on his 2nd contract which won't be effected by the rookie cap.
... but isnt Luck a little immature, not in the knucklehead kind of way, but not really ready for the big lights and stardom.
Share 49ersWebzone