LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

rumor luck staying in school

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/the-carolina-panthers-are-on-the-clock-will-andrew-luck-be-there/

the luck bandwagon could start crying
If Harbaugh stays I think Luck definitely stays. But if he's serious about that degree then I guess it won't matter if he leaves or stays. Geez who would they pick first overall
Unless Harbaugh is staying, I think he's crazy. Maybe if he wasn't going to make millions, I'd say pursue the mother f**king Stanford degree, but at the end of the day, he's a football player.
I've been saying all year he isn't coming out early. We shall see, though. We shall see.
Would be dumb if he does stay he always can get his degree later. Job first and I hope the kid is smart and comes out when he is hot! Look at Locker big mistake! Don't risk an injury kid your coach will be leaving soon as well.
He can do whatever he wants. He has several years of eligibility left if he wants them.
It was widely believed that Leinart would come out early, he didn't. Neither did Locker last year. Both those guys could have been top picks, and that seems crazy now. Just shows you how unpredictable the draft is.

Everyone KNEW Reggie Bush was going to Houston... he didn't.

They took Mario Williams.

No guarantees Luck comes out and if he does, the Panthers may very well pass on him.
I think he stays, but if his coach goes..........
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
It was widely believed that Leinart would come out early, he didn't. Neither did Locker last year. Both those guys could have been top picks, and that seems crazy now. Just shows you how unpredictable the draft is.

Everyone KNEW Reggie Bush was going to Houston... he didn't.

They took Mario Williams.

No guarantees Luck comes out and if he does, the Panthers may very well pass on him.

agreed things that people think are guarantees now end up very different by the time april rolls around. A couple years ago people were bashing other posters for saying they wanted crabtree because it was assumed he would be long gone by the time we picked. Just goes to show you things change between now and then.
You go to college to develop skills in hopes of getting a good paying job. If I was Luck, I would leave, especially if Harbaugh leaves.

They could actually go to Carolina together.

But its his life, so he can do whatever he wants.

[ Edited by DesiDez on Dec 27, 2010 at 11:21:06 ]

• 49oz
  • Veteran
Isn't there a really good chance that in the new CBA there will be some type of cap that rookies can get in their first contract? You hear someone make a comment almost every week about "how lame it is that an unproven guy with no NFL experience can make so much more $$$ than a proven vet."

Tebow and Leinert are the 2 names that really come to mind as players that would have made way more if they came out when they were hot. But there was no "rookie cap" in effect at the time.

Even if Luck is still the top prospect after another year in college (which could easily change with injury etc), he could really be leaving some dough on the table if the new CBA finally corrects this "loop hole" for unproven players.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If Harbaugh leaves, Luck leaves. It's that simple.
Originally posted by NinerNation:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/26/the-carolina-panthers-are-on-the-clock-will-andrew-luck-be-there/

the luck bandwagon could start crying

He wants to finish his degree. There's only one team that would allow him to attend classes @ Stanford as a rookie...
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I've been saying all year he isn't coming out early. We shall see, though. We shall see.
Stanford is right down the road if he wants to go to night school.................
Share 49ersWebzone