There are 171 users in the forums

Underclassmen Declared for 2011 draft

Well it is that time of the year, below are the underclassmen that have declared for the 2011 draft.

Declared:

QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri

QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas

QB Cam Newton, Auburn

RB Shane Verren, California

RB Jordan Todman, Connecticut

RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

RB Darren Evans, Virginia Tech

RB John Clay, Wisconsin

RB Dion Lewis, Pittsburgh

RB Ryan Williams, Virginia Tech

RB Jacquizz Rodgers, Oregon St.

RB Jamie Harper, Clemson

RB Stevan Ridley, LSU

FB Henry Hynoskii, Pittsburgh

WR Randall Cobb, Kentucky

WR Tandon Doss, Indiana

WR Tori Gurley, South Carolina

WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh

WR Torrey Smith, Maryland

WR DeAndre Brown, Southern Miss.

WR Julio Jones, Alabama

WR A.J. Green, Georgia

WR Jamel Hamler, Fresno State

TE Kyle Rudolph, Notre Dame

OT Tyron Smith, USC

OT Nick Clayor, Georgia Tech

DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

DE J.J. Watt, Wisconsin

DE/DT Marcell Dareus, Alabama

DE/DT Jurrell Casey, USC

DT Muhammed Wilkerson, Temple

DT Lawrence Guy, Arizona State

DT Corey Luiget, Illinois

DT Nick Fairley, Auburn

DL Zane Parr, Virginia

DE/OLB Aldon Smith, Missouri

OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA

OLB Tom Keiser, Stanford

OLB/ILB Martez Wilson, Illinois

CB Aaron Williams, Texas

CB Brandon Harris, Miami(Fla.)

CB Brandon Burton, Utah

CB Patrick Peterson, LSU

S Tyler Sash, Iowa

S Rahim Moore, UCLA

S Robert Sands, West Virginia

S Jerrard Tarrant, Georgia Tech

S Will Hill, Florida

Stay tuned as we update this list as players declare for the 2011 NFL Draft.

Update: As requested below are the guys staying in school to my knowledge.

QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

QB Terrelle Pryor, Ohio State

QB Brandon Weeden, Oklahoma State

RB LaMichael James, Oregon

RB Dan Herron, Ohio State

WR DeVier Posey, Ohio State

WR Ryan Broyles, Oklahoma

WR Juron Criner, Arizona

WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

C Michael Brewster, Ohio State

DT Jared Crick, Nebraska

ILB Don'Ta Hightower, Alabama

CB Janoris Jenkins, Florida

CB Brandon Boykin, Georgia

S Mark Barron, Alabama
[ Edited by AB83Rules on Jan 15, 2011 at 1:27 PM ]
bump
Looks like this will be a HUGE junior draft with an impending rookie cap coming soon...

For the Niners, since the senior class looks lacking in them, I think we should look into the junior pool for these requirements:

- Speed WR. I'd prefer a ~6'4 endzone threat, but we need a deep threat that can actually CATCH (cough, cough, Ted Ginn, Cough, COUGH...) and allow Crabtree to play the slot (his best position)

- Scat back. Even though Lemichael James isn't coming out, quite a few speed backs will be coming out and we need some 3rd down help.
bump, Gabbert and Tandon Doss declared, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5985332
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
bump, Gabbert and Tandon Doss declared, http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5985332

Tandon Doss?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

Tandon Doss?

Decent WR. Don't know if he should've entered yet.

Doss is about 6-2 200 and should run in the mid 4.5's. His best game was against Michigan, where he ripped them for over 200 yards. He finished this season with just over 700 yards, 7 TDs. He's a late 5th rounder, in my opinion. His KR experience helps his stock.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 3, 2011 at 15:11:56 ]
Brandon Burton declares!

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/37100/utah-cb-brandon-burton-declares-for-draft

If the Niners don't draft Peterson or Prince in the 1st, I'd be more than happy with Burton in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Bay_Area_Fan:
Brandon Burton declares!

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/37100/utah-cb-brandon-burton-declares-for-draft

If the Niners don't draft Peterson or Prince in the 1st, I'd be more than happy with Burton in the 2nd.

Wow, that's huge. Gives us great, great options in the 2nd. I think Burton is a late 2nd rounder, but some teams could reach with the CB class being so weak overall.

The top 2nd round corners at this point should be:

Brandon Harris (he is NOT first round worthy. I will laugh if he goes there because he absolutely does not deserve to)
Aaron Williams, Texas
Brandon Burton, Utah
Davon House, New Mexico St.
Johnny Patrick, Louisville (Late 2nd-3rd guy)

I don't expect Jimmy Smith to make it. With the comparisons to Antonio Cromartie, he'll likely go late in the first.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Brandon Burton declares!

Wow, that's huge. Gives us great, great options in the 2nd. I think Burton is a late 2nd rounder, but some teams could reach with the CB class being so weak overall.

Brandon Harris (he is NOT first round worthy. I will laugh if he goes there because he absolutely does not deserve to)
Aaron Williams, Texas
Brandon Burton, Utah

I don't expect Jimmy Smith to make it. With the comparisons to Antonio Cromartie, he'll likely go late in the first.

I agree with you on Harris, I believe the preseason hype is still somewhat around but I don't think he goes in the 1st unless he blows folks away in the combine/pro day, which I don't expect him too.

And I love House, he's NFL ready.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Brandon Burton declares!

Aaron Williams, Texas
Brandon Burton, Utah

I was disappointed with his performance against Notre Dame. His technique looks pretty good, but he doesn't seem aggressive at all.

If we don't take a corner in the 1st, I really hope Jimmy Smith or Dowling will be available for us.

Johnny Patrick is a guy to keep an eye on in terms of 2nd round CBs.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Johnny Patrick is a guy to keep an eye on in terms of 2nd round CBs.

Cosigned

Outside of Prince and Peterson, my second tier CBs include Smith, Patrick, and Carmichael. I think Patrick will develop into a sound pro CB
couple more, Brandon Burton and Akeem Ayers have declared.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
Brandon Harris-DB-Player Jan. 4 - 11:32 am et

Miami (FL) CB Brandon Harris will forgo his senior season as a Hurricane and enter the 2011 NFL draft.
Harris is coming off a nightmare performance against Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd in the Sun Bowl, and intercepted just three passes in his final two years at Miami. He probably would've been better off staying in school, but claims to have received "an encouraging grade" from the Draft Advisory Committee. Harris is expected to be selected in the first two rounds.
Source: InsideTheU.com

[ Edited by Kolohe on Jan 4, 2011 at 08:46:55 ]
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Quote:
Brandon Harris-DB-Player Jan. 4 - 11:32 am et

Miami (FL) CB Brandon Harris will forgo his senior season as a Hurricane and enter the 2011 NFL draft.
Harris is coming off a nightmare performance against Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd in the Sun Bowl, and intercepted just three passes in his final two years at Miami. He probably would've been better off staying in school, but claims to have received "an encouraging grade" from the Draft Advisory Committee. Harris is expected to be selected in the first two rounds.
Source: InsideTheU.com

Harris is a joke. 3rd round grade from me. He thinks he can get by by freelancing and his physical ability alone in the NFL. He's sadly mistaken.
Share 49ersWebzone