LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

PuPs Mockoffseason

Hey guys,
So i got let go from my job last week and now i have too much time on my hands so here goes my plan:

First and foremost: sign Harbaugh as coach
sign an OC (mcdaniels??)

Trade 2nd round pick to Philly for Kevin Kolb ( although someone mentioned they are asking 2 first round picks for him, which imo is insane. I wouldnt even give 1 first let alone 2.)

pick 1: AJ Green
Pick 2: traded
pick 3: Pass rusher

FA: CB Chris Carr
FA: OG Daryn Colledge

i think our offense would be explosive. Yea Kolb isnt manning or Brees but hes effective and your fooling yourselves if you think hes another alex smith.

I know I didnt address the defense enough but I just felt like our other needs were more pressing right now
Originally posted by pupsingh:
Hey guys,
So i got let go from my job last week and now i have too much time on my hands so here goes my plan:

sign an OC (mcdaniels??)

Trade 2nd round pick to Philly for Kevin Kolb ( although someone mentioned they are asking 2 first round picks for him, which imo is insane. I wouldnt even give 1 first let alone 2.)

i think our offense would be explosive. Yea Kolb isnt manning or Brees but hes effective and your fooling yourselves if you think hes another alex smith.

I know I didnt address the defense enough but I just felt like our other needs were more pressing right now

I actually like it! First and foremost this team needs speed. We have two bigger possession type receivers. I do like Crabtree. He needs some help on his route running but he'll be fine. Morgan on the other hand is horrible. Replacing Morgan with AJ Green would be put defenses on their heals.

Much of the Smith's sacks are coverage sacks. The receivers aren't getting open.

Getting Kolb would be the cherry on top of the cake too.
sorry i see what youre doig but i dont like the trade for kolb

we need to adress our secondary pass rush immeadietly i think we should draft a qb and have him sit a year before starting

kolb is a system qb who needs a lot of time to throw the ball he wont get that in SF
  • dj43
Hey guys,

sign an OC (mcdaniels??)

Philly will demand at least a 1st and a 2nd for Kolb. You may as well start over with your mock because you won't get Kolb and still have a second round pick this year. You may not be able to get Kolb at all. Philly will demand two 1sts and that is way too high for him.
Originally posted by dj43:
Hey guys,

sign an OC (mcdaniels??)

Philly will demand at least a 1st and a 2nd for Kolb. You may as well start over with your mock because you won't get Kolb and still have a second round pick this year. You may not be able to get Kolb at all. Philly will demand two 1sts and that is way too high for him.

Philly can certainly demand a 1st and a 2nd for Kolb but they won't get it. He just doesn't have the track record to warrant such high picks. I think his trade value would be closer to a second rounder in 2011 and maybe a 4th rounder in 2012.
[ Edited by pete98146 on Dec 8, 2010 at 10:01 PM ]
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by dj43:
Hey guys,

sign an OC (mcdaniels??)

Philly can certainly demand a 1st and a 2nd for Kolb but they won't get it. He just doesn't have the track record to warrant such high picks. I think his trade value would be closer to a second rounder in 2011 and maybe a 4th rounder in 2012.

First, Schaub got the falcons two 2nds and he had less experience than Kolb and second, the eagles have no reason to move kolb, thus the high asking price.
Share 49ersWebzone