LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 331 users in the forums

Mallett or Newton

Mallett or Newton

Im sorry but Locker is complete trash. The worst footwork and mechanics i have ever seen from a QB. Ever.

Cam is who i would take in a heartbeat, over Luck even.
He makes it look EASY. In the SEC. Luck has a tremendous running game and is good on playaction but what if he has to win it by himself? I dont think that he can do that. Im sure as sh!t Cam Newton can. What about his game would be different at the pro level?
He is better at everything Josh Freeman does and he went 17th.

Can Newton should be the #1 pick. But due to whatever kind of stereotypes and past failures by other black QBs he wont be, but i can guaruntee you that he will be the best QB in this years draft.

And i like Mallet and Luck and Moore a lot. But with the below average talent we have at every position, it SCREAMS Cam Newton.
Originally posted by skd420:
Im sorry but Locker is complete trash. The worst footwork and mechanics i have ever seen from a QB. Ever.

He makes it look EASY. In the SEC. Luck has a tremendous running game and is good on playaction but what if he has to win it by himself? I dont think that he can do that. Im sure as sh!t Cam Newton can. What about his game would be different at the pro level?

Can Newton should be the #1 pick. But due to whatever kind of stereotypes and past failures by other black QBs he wont be, but i can guaruntee you that he will be the best QB in this years draft.

And i like Mallet and Luck and Moore a lot. But with the below average talent we have at every position, it SCREAMS Cam Newton.

Dude Luck is most likely the next Peyton Manning or Phillip Rivers, he plays in a pro style offense without that much offensive talent around him and that team is built on his arm. Cam is a running QB in a gimmicky offense who isn't used to dropping back from under center. He'll probably be as good as Vince Young but that's not really a difference maker at the position. We have weapons in VD and Crabtree, we need someone who will get them the friggin ball.

yeah that's why we won't get him. we have a problem starting black qb's
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah obviously. I mean that Troy Smith guy, he's not even really black! He's really an Alex Smith that was so embarrassed he changed his name, skin color, and jersey number just to fool us all so he could keep starting! What a tricky guy!
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Yeah obviously. I mean that Troy Smith guy, he's not even really black! He's really an Alex Smith that was so embarrassed he changed his name, skin color, and jersey number just to fool us all so he could keep starting! What a tricky guy!

Way to completely miss what the guy is saying
How does Ryan Mallet's mobility compare to that of Phillip River's? I remember that was a big question mark coming out of college and it hasn't turned out to be that big of a deal in the NFL.
Im not saying Luck will be bad, i think him Kellen Moore, Mallet all have a chance to be franchise QBs. A legitimate one. But the NFL has never seen a player like Cam Newton. And im telling you every team in the league will regret not taking him.
None of those other guys i just named would be taken before Sam Bradford, who is in our division.
None of those other guys i just named would be taken before Sam Bradford, who is in our division.

1) He's not in this draft.
2) We didn't have the #1 pick last year.

So what is your plan to do something about that?
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

1) He's not in this draft.
2) We didn't have the #1 pick last year.

So what is your plan to do something about that?

a time machine?

I would take Cam....he reminds me of McNab
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm taking Cam Newton every time. Mallett will be turnover prone for sure in the NFL.
newton
I rather have a pocket QB then a wild cat type of QB sooner or later does guys wear down

they can have their 3 or 4 years of flash but sooner or later they hit the wall

Mallett would fit perfect for the West coast offense

i want the niners to get back to basics

going wild cat would just complicate things for us

as it is we are a mess
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I rather have a pocket QB then a wild cat type of QB sooner or later does guys wear down

they can have their 3 or 4 years of flash but sooner or later they hit the wall

Mallett would fit perfect for the West coast offense

i want the niners to get back to basics

going wild cat would just complicate things for us

as it is we are a mess

Holy s**t I can't believe I agree with you for once! I actually feel like Mallett is better suited for a downfield passing attack than the WCO, same with Newton. I think a guy who fits the WCO well is either Stanzi or Ponder, or even Locker(but I'm not that big of a fan of his).
Share 49ersWebzone