There are 125 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

AB's 3rd Mock of the season

Originally posted by WestCoast:
There is no chance in hell that we don't draft a QB with our first pick. No chance.

But if we don't have a shot at Luck and we are in the middle of the first, there may not be a QB worth the pick there. And, with the regime, I doubt we would ever trade as much as it would take to get to pick 1 or anywhere in the top 5. It won't happen. I'll tell you right now, we aren't getting Luck.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
1 Carolina 1-10
Andrew Luck- This is a no-brainer. The top QB prospect in a long time goes to a team that has a number of struggling vets, and a second round rookie that has proven to be

2 Detroit 2-9
Da'Quan Bowers- Many think that Peterson is the choice here, but a CB has never been drafted this high. Bowers helps on the worst pass rushes in the NFL after a sensational off-season workout.

3 Cincinnati 2-9
Nick Fairley- The Bengals need a dominant DL, and Fairley is the best of this crop. He has been virtually unblockable this season, and teams will notice the impact of Suh on the Lions defense in 2010.

4 Buffalo 2-9
Patrick Peterson- The Bills finally attempt to correct their CB play, and Peterson is easily the best CB on the board.

5 Arizona 3-8
AJ Green- The Cards have never looked the same since Boldin left the squad, and Breaston is best as a third WR. Green takes so much pressure off of Fitzgerald.

6 Denver 3-8
Adrian Clayborn- The Broncos DL needs retooling, and Clayborn can play in either a 3-4 system or 4-3 system regardless of what happens to the DC this offseason.

7 Dallas 3-8
Derek Sherrod- Marc Colombo is long in the tooth and injury prone, and the Cowboys need some serious work to retool their OL. There will be an OT selected in the top ten picks, and I believe this is the player and the correct slot area.

8 San Francisco 4-7
Marcel Dareus- The Niners may lose Franklin in free agency, and the team, whether in a 3-4, or 4-3 defense, needs a youth infusion on the DL.

If arizona gets AJ I will go friggin balistic.

And agreed with jreff, why no Amukamara?

________

AJ has sex appeal since he is the best player at a skill position. But I will be absolutely ecstatic if the Cardinals take him.

If we've learned anything from the Cardinals this year its...

An All-Pro receiver means amazingly little when nobody can get him the ball.

If the Cards don't trade Fitzgerald this offseason (as they likely will) then he is done for sure after next season (contract expires, can't franchise him).

In fact, I would love the Cardinals to get totally loaded at the skill positions while still neglecting the QB spot.

Not getting a QB = fail, for the Cardinals.
I'm sorry no way Carolina and Cincy pass on Luck.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
1 Carolina 1-10
Andrew Luck- This is a no-brainer. The top QB prospect in a long time goes to a team that has a number of struggling vets, and a second round rookie that has proven to be

2 Detroit 2-9
Da'Quan Bowers- Many think that Peterson is the choice here, but a CB has never been drafted this high. Bowers helps on the worst pass rushes in the NFL after a sensational off-season workout.

3 Cincinnati 2-9
Nick Fairley- The Bengals need a dominant DL, and Fairley is the best of this crop. He has been virtually unblockable this season, and teams will notice the impact of Suh on the Lions defense in 2010.

4 Buffalo 2-9
Patrick Peterson- The Bills finally attempt to correct their CB play, and Peterson is easily the best CB on the board.

5 Arizona 3-8
AJ Green- The Cards have never looked the same since Boldin left the squad, and Breaston is best as a third WR. Green takes so much pressure off of Fitzgerald.

6 Denver 3-8
Adrian Clayborn- The Broncos DL needs retooling, and Clayborn can play in either a 3-4 system or 4-3 system regardless of what happens to the DC this offseason.

7 Dallas 3-8
Derek Sherrod- Marc Colombo is long in the tooth and injury prone, and the Cowboys need some serious work to retool their OL. There will be an OT selected in the top ten picks, and I believe this is the player and the correct slot area.

8 San Francisco 4-7
Marcel Dareus- The Niners may lose Franklin in free agency, and the team, whether in a 3-4, or 4-3 defense, needs a youth infusion on the DL.

If arizona gets AJ I will go friggin balistic.

And agreed with jreff, why no Amukamara?

________

AJ has sex appeal since he is the best player at a skill position. But I will be absolutely ecstatic if the Cardinals take him.

If we've learned anything from the Cardinals this year its...

An All-Pro receiver means amazingly little when nobody can get him the ball.

If the Cards don't trade Fitzgerald this offseason (as they likely will) then he is done for sure after next season (contract expires, can't franchise him).

In fact, I would love the Cardinals to get totally loaded at the skill positions while still neglecting the QB spot.

Not getting a QB = fail, for the Cardinals.

I can absolutely see all of that happening, with the Cardinals looking QB in the following rounds at other QB's. With the influx of juniors, I expect some good quarterbacks to fall.
Originally posted by jreff22:

8 San Francisco 4-7

No love for Prince?

I don't think he'll be a top ten pick. Too many quality DL push him down the board. CB's are not often picked in the top 10 selections. It is a rarity.

8 San Francisco 4-7

No love for Prince?

I don't think he'll be a top ten pick. Too many quality DL push him down the board. CB's are not often picked in the top 10 selections. It is a rarity.
additionally, defending against the pass starts at the line of scrimmage, thus a pass-rushing d-liner is much more important than a cornerback.
Originally posted by communist:

8 San Francisco 4-7

No love for Prince?

additionally, defending against the pass starts at the line of scrimmage, thus a pass-rushing d-liner is much more important than a cornerback.

This is true. Prince is the best Senior CB of his class, but the talented big-bodies carry a higher value these days.

If we pick outside of 10, he becomes a prime target, however.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

8 San Francisco 4-7

No love for Prince?

This is true. Prince is the best Senior CB of his class, but the talented big-bodies carry a higher value these days.

So many talented guys this year, if all come out. Best DT/3-4 DE crop to my memory.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

8 San Francisco 4-7

No love for Prince?

So many talented guys this year, if all come out. Best DT/3-4 DE crop to my memory.

Now about Dareus, isn't he a little more towards 310? He would probably be better to place in the 4-3, don't you think?
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 5, 2010 at 5:22 PM ]
If there is just a slight chance to pick-up Luck, we should try everything to make it happen!

Draft Luck, re-Sign Troy Smith (will be a great backup) and add a vet. That would be a good off-season for the QB-position

8 San Francisco 4-7

No love for Prince?

Aren't we ignoring a glaring hole again if we do that? OLB major hole, CB major hole, QB currently major hole...is a DE really that high on the list? I understand BPA but we have ignored major positions and are getting smoked because of it. We need starters and taking a CB in the 3rd isnt going to do that.