There are 302 users in the forums

AB's 3rd Mock of the season

One more thing.

We did the same thing i suggest with VD, A.Davis and Iupati, gave them big-huge Bonuses in 2011, and its possible, the Eagles may have a high payroll already, and its hard to keep finances at that.

And for DET, Bowers may be a better pro prospects than Peterson or Amukamara, only reason I dont see Bowers to us, is he will go high and isnt a 3-4 end or 3-4 OLB.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
One more thing.

We did the same thing i suggest with VD, A.Davis and Iupati, gave them big-huge Bonuses in 2011, and its possible, the Eagles may have a high payroll already, and its hard to keep finances at that.

And for DET, Bowers may be a better pro prospects than Peterson or Amukamara, only reason I dont see Bowers to us, is he will go high and isnt a 3-4 end or 3-4 OLB.

We won't be picking high enough to land Bowers or Peterson after the tards win but I would've picked Bowers. He's going to be a pass rushing terror, and a new coach may scrap the 3-4 anyway(atleast I hope so).
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
One more thing.

We won't be picking high enough to land Bowers or Peterson after the tards win but I would've picked Bowers. He's going to be a pass rushing terror, and a new coach may scrap the 3-4 anyway(atleast I hope so).

agreed, I love Bowers, and in the 4-3 we would be great.

I actually had Bowers at 3 in my intial big board

and imagine

Smith, Sopoaga, Rook and Bowers man thats a nasty line, with McDonald rotating with RJF.
Andrew Luck is the best QB prospect in a decade. He goes 1st overall 100%, 99% sure he goes to the team that gets the first pick.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
One more thing.

agreed, I love Bowers, and in the 4-3 we would be great.

I actually had Bowers at 3 in my intial big board

and imagine

Smith, Sopoaga, Rook and Bowers man thats a nasty line, with McDonald rotating with RJF.

Just imagine if we picked Bowers dude. That nasty DLine with PWillis behind them and if we signed someone for the secondary like a guy like Champ Bailey, we'd finally have a legit defense.
the lions need help all over the defensive field (and at OT), so it could be bowers or peterson...i could imagine that they go for peterson b/c they have NOTHING nfl-suitable in their secondary and peterson is more BPA today.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
We need a QB more than we need a CB. Mallett in your mock should be the choice.
Mallett would be nice if he was a last option, there are two things scare me about him, 1) Bobby Petrino is his current coach, the last qb who played for Petrino and some people thought could be in the first round was Brian Brohm. 2) Just watched a hightlight video, he seems to rely on his arm rather then his ability kinda like Jay Cutler.

If we had the right offensive coach/oc that could work with him and mold him into elite qb then i would be up for him being a niner.
Something tells me that Carson Palmer's time in Cincy is over after this year. I personally think he gets cut in the offseason... and that means that IF Cincy manages to get the #1 pick or Luck SOMEHOW falls to them I see them picking him in a heartbeat.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Not a slight on your draft, but just in general...

1) No way the Panthers pass on Luck if given the opportunity. It is a pipe dream, and a dumb football decision, to think that they won't pick Luck just because they took Clausen. You can't compare the two players. That line of thought is more wishful thinking than anything based in logic. No football team in their right mind would pass on the guy hyped as the next Peyton Manning simply because they're waiting on a 2nd year, 2nd round guy to pan out. Won't happen. ESPECIALLY since that team will very likely have a new head coach. He will bring in his own QB.

2) One way or another Luck will be the first overall pick. Once in a decade QBs like him don't fall because a horrible team has needs elsewhere. Those teams either bite the bullet and take him or trade with somebody who will.

Outside of the Bay Area no one is hyping Luck as the "next Peyton Manning".

Originally posted by WestCoast:
There is no chance in hell that we don't draft a QB with our first pick. No chance.

Maybe not in Hell, but in Radio City Music Hall there is one Hell of a chance that we don't.
Originally posted by golfing9er:
Something tells me that Carson Palmer's time in Cincy is over after this year. I personally think he gets cut in the offseason... and that means that IF Cincy manages to get the #1 pick or Luck SOMEHOW falls to them I see them picking him in a heartbeat.

Agree, the list of teams needing a QB is growing....but it depends on what happens to Marvin.
Originally posted by teeohh:
I'd feel nervous if Seattle and Arizona both got qbs and we didn't. But a cb is a smart pick

Luck to AZ could happen, Sea just gave up a lot for Whitehurst...don't think they draft a QB this soon.
Originally posted by Gavintech:

Outside of the Bay Area no one is hyping Luck as the "next Peyton Manning".

Really? I could have sworn that Sporting News was a national publication. I had no idea it was local.

Quote:
1. Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford
Luck is advanced in terms of poise and pocket presence, especially surprising for a redshirt sophomore. He has all the physical tools, yes, but he also has everything above the shoulders an NFL quarterback must possess. He goes through his progressions, moves defenders with his eyes and makes great decisions. He also has been in Stanford's pro-style offense for three years, making him more prepared than most college quarterbacks to enter the NFL. He is reminiscent of the Colts' Peyton Manning and the Falcons' Matt Ryan when they entered the league.
http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2010-09/draft-dish/story/draft-dish-stanford-qb-andrew-luck-the-drafts-most-nfl-ready-player
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by teeohh:
I'd feel nervous if Seattle and Arizona both got qbs and we didn't. But a cb is a smart pick

Luck to AZ could happen, Sea just gave up a lot for Whitehurst...don't think they draft a QB this soon.

the problem is whitehurst sucks ass, the f**k carroll thinking???
Share 49ersWebzone