LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

AB's 3rd Mock of the season

Bare with me, There are some surprises.

And please, it is very early in the process, so please don't bash me too hard, lol.

Well here goes, with analysis.

1. CAR - WR A.J. Green, Georgia

- Could go Luck or Bowers, but I see them going with a bigger need, WR.

2. DET - 4-3 DE Da'Quan Bowers, Clemson

- With Stafford, they go there biggest need, a pure DE for the 4-3 Scheme.

3. CIN - NT Nick Fairley, Auburn

- Huge DT fits The system in Cincinnati

4. BUF - QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

- They are thrilled with Luck falling, and they may hear some calls for Him. But in this mock, I have not inculded potential trades.

5. ARZ - QB Jake Locker, Washington

- After a terrible showing at QB, they need one badly.

6. DEN - 4-3 DE Adrian Clayborn, Iowa

- Fits in, could probably play either the 4-3 End or 3-4 End/OLB.

7. DAL - CB Patrick Peterson, LSU

- They get a steal, and they need a CB badly, so Peterson fits.

8. SF - Prince Amukamara, Nebraska

- SF needs a lot, but CB seems high on that list.

9. MIN - QB Ryan Mallet, Arkansas

- In need of Favre's replacement, they go Mallet.

10. CLE - WR Julio Jones, Alabama

- CLE has McCoy, Hillis, Thomas, etc... and now gets there dynamic WR.

11. SEA - QB Cam Newton, Auburn

- A surprise, but he will be a good pro, and SEA gets a nice player.

12. NE (f/OAK) - 3-4 DE Marcel Dareus, Alabama

- With the pick from OAK, they take a 3-4 DE to fit there scheme.

13. WASH - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama

- In need of weapons, they opt for a RB to help McNabb, and rest Portis more, and they can still get a WR in rd 3.

14. TEN - CB Ras-I Dowling, Virginia

- In need of CB help, even with Finnegan, who is not exactly elite, they get a good corner.

15. HOU - CB Janoris Jenkins, Florida

- Again, a team in need, after losing Dunta Robinson, they get there man.

16. SD - OLB Robert Quinn, North Carolina

- Many needs, WR, maybe a OL, but OLB is a huge need, and after cutting loose Merriman, Beal will be a nice pick.

17. IND - 3-4 DE Marvin Austin, North Carolina

- He has fallen a bit, but he will fit in nicely with Indy.

18. MIA - RB Demarco Murray, Oklahoma

- In need of a potential replacement for Brown/Williams, they go with Murray, who has shot up the boards.

19. TB - OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M

- Need is there, and Miller fits nicely.

20. GB - NT Jerrel Powe, Ole Miss.

- Powe, fills a need, and is the best NT remaining.

21. STL - WR Justin Blackmon, Oklahoma State

- Needed is a playmaking WR, and Blackmon is that.

22. JAX - OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin

- Can use a Tackle, and he is the best in the draft to me.

23. KC - OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina

- Need a OLB, and Carter is a good one with potential.

24. NYG - OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College

- Another need for the G-Men, and Castonzo is a good one.

25. PHI - OT Derek Sherrod, Colorado

- Fits a need as well, and they need someone to help protect Vick or Kolb or whoever is QB in 2011.

26. CHI - WR Jonathan Baldwin, Pittsburgh

- Need, Need, Need. All I say, and Baldwin is a good one.

27. NO - DT Cameron Heyward, Ohio State

- Absolute Steal, for someone rated so high coming into 2010, he will come in and be an monster at DE or DT.

28. BAL - S Rahim Moore, UCLA

- With the uncertain futures of Ed Reed and Landry, I see them targeting Moore all the way.

29. PITT - C/OG Mike Pouncey, Florida

- Picked, and reunted with brother Maurkice, there #1 pick in 2010.

30. NE - OLB Justin Houston, Georgia

- With Heyward off the board, and getting Dareus, they go for a OLB, and Houston is a good one.

31. NYJ - WR Michael Floyd, Notre Dame

- Needing a WR, they get the best on the board.

32. ATL - CB Aaron Williams, Texas

- Rounding out the 1st with a top notch Corner.
OT for Buffalo could be a big option at this point.
Originally posted by jreff22:
OT for Buffalo could be a big option at this point.

defintely, maybe a trade back, get Carimi or Sherrod or Castonzo.
If that turns out to be the real order, I hope we get on the phone really quick with Carolina and Detroit. Since we have recent trade history with them, hopefully we can swing a trade for their top pick and be in position for Andrew Luck.
Theres no way DET would pass Peterson and the Prince for a DE. Just no way.

And the word is 'their'

Also hate GB taking yet another NT. They just took Raji and still have Pickett moved over to End. Lots more needs in other places.

JAX spent their top two picks of 09 on T's, both of whom are playing well. They have one of the worst secondaries in the league as well. But another Tackle it is!

[ Edited by jojomellon on Nov 30, 2010 at 15:31:46 ]
Originally posted by jojomellon:

And the word is 'their'

Also hate GB taking yet another NT. They just took Raji and still have Pickett moved over to End. Lots more needs in other places.

JAX spent their top two picks of 09 on T's, both of whom are playing well. They have one of the worst secondaries in the league as well. But another Tackle it is!

thats why you nor I are GMs, but we(DraftWatchers) were pretty close last yr on mock drafts. And Detroit, needs a DL to go with Suh, Vanden Bosch and Hill/Rogers.

Can U imagine that Line, then go in rd 2, get a CB liike Burton or Harris.

And sorry about the gramatical error.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

And the word is 'their'

thats why you nor I are GMs, but we(DraftWatchers) were pretty close last yr on mock drafts. And Detroit, needs a DL to go with Suh, Vanden Bosch and Hill/Rogers.

Rogers who? They like Cliff Avril alot, and Schwartz has gotten alot out of previously unknown guys on the DL before thats why I think CB has got to be the easy number 1. Detroit has had street free agents walk on and become starters this year.

And the word is 'their'

Rogers who? They like Cliff Avril alot, and Schwartz has gotten alot out of previously unknown guys on the DL before thats why I think CB has got to be the easy number 1. Detroit has had street free agents walk on and become starters this year.

just my opinion, I feel Bowers is the better choice, but thats me. And it is still early, so anything and everything can change.

And the word is 'their'

Damn, dude. Chill out. No need to be so rude about it.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

And the word is 'their'

he is just pissed with me, cause I tried proving him wrong about Kolbs deal, and he posted an article where it said he got a 10M signing bonus, but never says in which yr.

And supposely I was rude, which II dont think I was, but i apologized. So whatever.

IMO I would rather attempt to trade up a couple spots and get Peterson, dudes a stud

And the word is 'their'

he is just pissed with me, cause I tried proving him wrong about Kolbs deal, and he posted an article where it said he got a 10M signing bonus, but never says in which yr.

And supposely I was rude, which II dont think I was, but i apologized. So whatever.
???I did say what year it was in, this year. Why would the signing bonus be delayed by a year? That was the whole point. The whole sports world talks about Kolb;s cheap cap number next year yet you keep posting about how hes going to make 12 mil next year. does. not. compute.
the only thing i disagree with is that detriot has to go with CB is there bggest need (other than OT) point blank and since no good OT are there tehy will go with a CB

also i think that cin will go with a qb and take luck
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Not a slight on your draft, but just in general...

1) No way the Panthers pass on Luck if given the opportunity. It is a pipe dream, and a dumb football decision, to think that they won't pick Luck just because they took Clausen. You can't compare the two players. That line of thought is more wishful thinking than anything based in logic. No football team in their right mind would pass on the guy hyped as the next Peyton Manning simply because they're waiting on a 2nd year, 2nd round guy to pan out. Won't happen. ESPECIALLY since that team will very likely have a new head coach. He will bring in his own QB.

2) One way or another Luck will be the first overall pick. Once in a decade QBs like him don't fall because a horrible team has needs elsewhere. Those teams either bite the bullet and take him or trade with somebody who will.

And the word is 'their'

???I did say what year it was in, this year. Why would the signing bonus be delayed by a year? That was the whole point. The whole sports world talks about Kolb;s cheap cap number next year yet you keep posting about how hes going to make 12 mil next year. does. not. compute.

cause it happens all the tim, plus it could of been spit into 2 yrs, since some times they split the bonuses over many years, so its not def in this yr.
Share 49ersWebzone