LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 261 users in the forums

Prince Amukamara 2011 49ers Draft

Not impressed personally. Haven't seen a lot, but still not impressed. Peterson is the only CB worthy of 7 imo.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:
Originally posted by GIMMEa6thSHIP:
Justin Blackmon the WR from OSU is going to be a first round pick in next years draft. For those of you who dont watch college football and just rely on mock drafts to formulate your opinions, here's something to open your eyes:

Blackmon vs Prince
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg

He can't cover first round talent, how the hell is he going to defend someone in the NFL?

Sugar coat whatever you want about Prince, but dog s**t with whipped cream on it is still dog s**t

Prince = Mike Rumph

Mayock said to throw out the OSU tape. Jump ball, PI, and a trick play.

Prince is amazing. He most resembles Darrelle Revis style of play. Great hips. Very fluid. Very quick. He straight line speed will be answered at the combine. I bet he runs in the low 4.4's. Dude was a state track star in AZ.

I'm with you. I'm more of a Prince fan then a PP fan. 80+ yards of Blackmon's yards came on the 1 trick play where he bit for a second and the Safety (#7 DeJon Gomes) bit hard and commited and left him high and dry. Safety should be just as responsible as Prince for that play. And if you see, Prince was with him the entire play and Blackmon just made a heck of a catch and run. Prince is a stud and I hope we draft him or Jimmy Smith.
I want Peterson but I won't be that bummed if we end up with Prince, dudes a Animal.
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
I want Peterson but I won't be that bummed if we end up with Prince, dudes a Animal.

I can definitely respect that. No knock on Peterson. He's hell of a player. But I guess I don't see him as a lockdown corner. But a hell of a safety. He may make me eat my words. But I see Prince as a true shutdown corner.
Originally posted by Travisty13:

I can definitely respect that. No knock on Peterson. He's hell of a player. But I guess I don't see him as a lockdown corner. But a hell of a safety. He may make me eat my words. But I see Prince as a true shutdown corner.

Win win situation.

Btw the only bad tapes they have on Prince is of one game. One bad game out of all his collage games and he's Mike Rumph? Lol
sorry gusy. Watch the games against the big boys. THis dude has bad reaction time, gets lost when the ball is in the air, and seems slow to accelerate. Not to mention, he's just not a playmaker.

I will go on record. This guy will not be a premier corner. My guess, he plays out his contract and ends up a nickel back somewhere.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
sorry gusy. Watch the games against the big boys. THis dude has bad reaction time, gets lost when the ball is in the air, and seems slow to accelerate. Not to mention, he's just not a playmaker.

I will go on record. This guy will not be a premier corner. My guess, he plays out his contract and ends up a nickel back somewhere.

I'll go on record and say that Prince will be a better CB then Peterson will turn out to be. Peterson will have to shift to Safety to be worth where he'll be drafted. Your probably one of the people that have been mind warped into believing Prince is terrible because of the Blackmon game. Name another game that he was "horrible" in. And if you saw the game against Blackmon, he didn't get torched as much as people have actually come to believe.

By "big boys" you mean the one and only tape that shows Jim getting "burnt"

Lol. With such an opinion I would hope for more of an example then "big boys" ARGUMENT INVALID.

By "big boys" you mean the one and only tape that shows Jim getting "burnt"

Lol. With such an opinion I would hope for more of an example then "big boys" ARGUMENT INVALID.

Every corner gets beat, like Mayock said everyone is making a deal about the Oklahoma State game vs Blackmon, Prince will be a starter Day 1 for whomever drafts him and he will be very good.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
tho he's a good cover corner, i dont have him on my top 10 list.. he just reminds me so much of Aaron Glenn.. a feisty corner, but just not worth a top 10..

if we want him, trade down about 5 spots..

Originally posted by 9moon:
tho he's a good cover corner, i dont have him on my top 10 list.. he just reminds me so much of Aaron Glenn.. a feisty corner, but just not worth a top 10..

He won't be there.
Originally posted by 9moon:

He won't be there.
Share 49ersWebzone