There are 48 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Prince Amukamara 2011 49ers Draft

• mayo49
  • Veteran
I saw an interview of Prince on First Take. He seems like a great kid. I wouldn't mind drafting him.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
i think i like prince more as an nfl prospect. Peterson just seems to overwhemingly huge to play corner. He is gonna get wrecked by small quick route runners.

dude peterson is faster than prince accelration and wise and top speed wise

he may run a 4.3 in combine
Originally posted by 49ersNoKaOi:
Watching some of his highlights I'm starting to lean with Prince over Peterson.

why?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

why?

Because a 30 sec clip is enough to judge talent in the NFL.

Just look at Matt Millen.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
i think i like prince more as an nfl prospect. Peterson just seems to overwhemingly huge to play corner. He is gonna get wrecked by small quick route runners.

dude peterson is faster than prince accelration and wise and top speed wise

he may run a 4.3 in combine

Hips, not straight-line speed, coming into a big part of it. For bigger guys, it's hard to get your hips turning to run one way or another then it is for a leaner guy. Hints why its been suggested Peterson would be a better safety.
Originally posted by GEEK:

why?

IDK how you came up with that.

Just his style of play. IMO he plays a lot better with his hips compared to Peterson and that is VERY important at the CB position. Has the right size for a CB, his man coverage is better than prince also his reaction time is very good.

If both Peterson and Prince are up I would take Peterson. If Peterson is gone I would have no problem taking Prince.
Originally posted by GEEK:

why?

IDK how you came up with that.

Just his style of play. IMO he plays a lot better with his hips compared to Peterson and that is VERY important at the CB position. Has the right size for a CB, his man coverage is better than prince also his reaction time is very good.

If both Peterson and Prince are up I would take Peterson. If Peterson is gone I would have no problem taking Prince.

thats how every1 feels but peterson is clear cut the better corner doubt he lasts till us though he is such a rare talent
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Not impressed by the highlight video, I see bust material. Rather have Peterson.
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6146819&categoryid=2378529
Justin Blackmon the WR from OSU is going to be a first round pick in next years draft. For those of you who dont watch college football and just rely on mock drafts to formulate your opinions, here's something to open your eyes:

Blackmon vs Prince
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg

He can't cover first round talent, how the hell is he going to defend someone in the NFL?

Sugar coat whatever you want about Prince, but dog s**t with whipped cream on it is still dog s**t

Prince = Mike Rumph
Originally posted by GIMMEa6thSHIP:
Justin Blackmon the WR from OSU is going to be a first round pick in next years draft. For those of you who dont watch college football and just rely on mock drafts to formulate your opinions, here's something to open your eyes:

Blackmon vs Prince

He can't cover first round talent, how the hell is he going to defend someone in the NFL?

Sugar coat whatever you want about Prince, but dog s**t with whipped cream on it is still dog s**t

Prince = Mike Rumph

Formulating your opinion on one game is pretty dumb

Blackmon vs Prince

Prince = Mike Rumph

Mayock said to throw out the OSU tape. Jump ball, PI, and a trick play.

Prince is amazing. He most resembles Darrelle Revis style of play. Great hips. Very fluid. Very quick. He straight line speed will be answered at the combine. I bet he runs in the low 4.4's. Dude was a state track star in AZ.
I'd be thrilled with Prince at 7. Especially if Peterson, Von Miller or any of other the other top 3-5 guys, who fit a huge need are gone, not counting QBs.

If it comes down to a QB, or one of the DEs with question marks about their ability/character or who might not fit a 3-4, I'd take Prince as a safe, smart pick over a gamble at one of the other positions in a heartbeat.

To me Prince is the guy we can't not take if one of the slightly more elite talents doesn't fall to us, and that's a high probability.

If the combine/interviews, etc.., end up pushing the QBs out of the top 10 (or at least top 7), and some of the issues regarding any of the DEs seem to be real, (say Quinn looks bad in workouts), then Prince becomes a no brainier if Fairley, Peterson, Bowers, Green, Miller, Jordan/Darius are the first 6 picks.

Unless we absolutely love whoever is left between Jordan/Darius and Quinn, the smart money is to fix our CB issues with Prince and we can address the other needs later in the draft and/or through FA.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Akuma-mara!

"RAGING DEMON"

Sorry...couldn't resist. I would love this pick.
Originally posted by SWAGG-ER:

Blackmon vs Prince

Prince = Mike Rumph

Mayock said to throw out the OSU tape. Jump ball, PI, and a trick play.

Prince is amazing. He most resembles Darrelle Revis style of play. Great hips. Very fluid. Very quick. He straight line speed will be answered at the combine. I bet he runs in the low 4.4's. Dude was a state track star in AZ.

I'm not judging based on one game but how can you overlook that game? When he's covering average college WR's, yeah the kid is amazing. But you're telling me we have to overlook that game because he played against some talent he got embarrassed? So your argument is that we need a CB who gets out jumped, gets penalized, and gets burned on a trick play? Great evaluation buddy

Thanks god your name isnt Trent Baalke