There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Prince Amukamara 2011 49ers Draft

Originally posted by YungAce:

+1
Justin Blackmon makes Prince Amukamara look like a fraud!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVeWn3bwWTg
Originally posted by amigoj49:

To be fair, Blackmon is a stud. He makes every CB look like a fraud. Prince was in man to man that whole game.
Originally posted by monsterzero789:

To be fair, Blackmon is a stud. He makes every CB look like a fraud. Prince was in man to man that whole game.

Still though. He didn't look like a #7 pick in that video. Blackmon did
Originally posted by Furlow:

Still though. He didn't look like a #7 pick in that video. Blackmon did

I am now thinking that Blackmon wouldn't be a bad pick at #7 to replace Morgan. If Harbaugh wants to pick a QB in later rounds, I wouldn't mind Blackmon!
his game vs blackmon is the one game that made me very wary of prince, while i do agree that blackmon has been doing it to every cb, should that really happen to a top 10 pick?
Originally posted by 209ers:
his game vs blackmon is the one game that made me very wary of prince, while i do agree that blackmon has been doing it to every cb, should that really happen to a top 10 pick?

Top 10 pick can get burned at times but was embarrassed multiple times!.... wasn't even close to covering... reminded me of our current secondary group!... not good.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran

Top 10 pick can get burned at times but was embarrassed multiple times!.... wasn't even close to covering... reminded me of our current secondary group!... not good.

Yeah from the film Blackmon made Prince look really bad. I'm a stats guy so I'd have to see what Prince did over the entire year. The Blackmon/Weeden combo may also be just tough to defend against. Blackmon is THE top receiver in the league stats wise.. (1700+yds/20TDs). I actually like the QB from OKSt Weeden. I think he's a mature QB with really good touch.

Prince has great instinct as a good run stopper from that highlight video, but I would focus on coverage skills. From the very few highlights of LSU Peterson I've seen he seems a lot tighter on cover.

I'd have to see the right stats (yds allowed/ TDs allowed/ pass defended / thrown against), but right now I'd keep looking for the clear BPA at #7. Not impressed with Prince at this time.

I like Blackmon more than Julio Jones and AJ Green based on stats, but I also think you have to adjust on QB play and I really like Weeden. I might have to adjust Blackmon's production. He still will probably be my #1 WR.
i think i like prince more as an nfl prospect. Peterson just seems to overwhemingly huge to play corner. He is gonna get wrecked by small quick route runners.

Yes with no safety help what so ever!
can't wait to see prince run the 40.

Dude Blackmon does that to everyone. He's the most NFL ready WR in the draft. He's a great route runner and he gets the ball out of the air.

Honestly, after watching Prince vs Washington my opinion of him was restored. Sure, they lost that game. But Locker didn't even look his way half the time, and he completely took a 1000 yard WR out of the game(Kearse).
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
i think i like prince more as an nfl prospect. Peterson just seems to overwhemingly huge to play corner. He is gonna get wrecked by small quick route runners.

I dont believe that. Patrick is gonna be a stud. I would love to see him play press coverage and jack those little receivers up at the line.
Watching some of his highlights I'm starting to lean with Prince over Peterson.