Alabama's Ingram probably won't play (recovering from injury). Couple that with their best D-lineman being scratched and it might make this game a little more interesting.
However, it is nice to see some real games on the schedules versus some of the cupcakes the NCAA served up last week.
There are 568 users in the forums
AB's Prospect Watch for NCAA Week Two
- 1 2
Sep 8, 2010 at 3:55 PM
- nvninerfan1
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,601
Sep 8, 2010 at 4:24 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Alabama's Ingram probably won't play (recovering from injury). Couple that with their best D-lineman being scratched and it might make this game a little more interesting.
However, it is nice to see some real games on the schedules versus some of the cupcakes the NCAA served up last week.
agreed 100%. It is nice to see some quality games this coming week.
Sep 8, 2010 at 8:37 PM
- 49ersalldaway126
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,549
im gonna be keeping my eye on all the CBs anhyway looking foward to a couple of great games
Sep 8, 2010 at 9:27 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
im gonna be keeping my eye on all the CBs anhyway looking foward to a couple of great games
there are a ton of good to great quality corners for the 2011 draft.
you got the following.
Amukamara(Nebraska)
Dowling(Virginia)
Chekwa(Ohio State)
Jenkins(Florida)
Williams(Texas)
Carmichael(VA Tech)
Brown(Texas)
Burney(UNC)
Peterson(LSU)
Harris(MIami)
Jimmy Smith(Colorado)
The Safety class looks real good too.
Rahim Moore, Mark Barron, McDaniel, Deunta Williams, Will Hill, Ahmad Black, Devonte Shannon, Zac Ethridge, Chris Culliver, Quinton Carter.
Sep 10, 2010 at 4:18 AM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
AB, what's your take on Ponder, first round pick?
Sep 10, 2010 at 9:51 AM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by mayo63:
AB, what's your take on Ponder, first round pick?
yeah, I think right now he is a 1st rd pick, I have him as my 4th best QB.
He has great intangibles, the production is there, 2006: Redshirted. 2007: (1/0) 8 of 18 (44.4 pct.), 105 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. 2008: (13/13) 177 of 318 (55.7), 2,006 yards, 14 TD, 13 INT. 2009: (9/9) 227 of 330 (68.8), 2,717 yards, 14 TD, 7 INT. Career: 196 carries, 653 yards (3.3 avg.), 6 TD.
While his disadvantages or weaknesses are His Decision making, and Arm Strength/Accuracy.
If he wants to be a top 15 pick, which I believe he can be, he better have a great 2010.
I would not mind Ponder if Alex fails. Ponder is one of my favorite QB's in this draft class along with Locker and Luck, not as high on Mallet as some are. I dont like tall QB's for some reason.
Sep 10, 2010 at 12:13 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
Originally posted by AB83Rules:Originally posted by mayo63:
AB, what's your take on Ponder, first round pick?
yeah, I think right now he is a 1st rd pick, I have him as my 4th best QB.
He has great intangibles, the production is there, 2006: Redshirted. 2007: (1/0) 8 of 18 (44.4 pct.), 105 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. 2008: (13/13) 177 of 318 (55.7), 2,006 yards, 14 TD, 13 INT. 2009: (9/9) 227 of 330 (68.8), 2,717 yards, 14 TD, 7 INT. Career: 196 carries, 653 yards (3.3 avg.), 6 TD.
While his disadvantages or weaknesses are His Decision making, and Arm Strength/Accuracy.
If he wants to be a top 15 pick, which I believe he can be, he better have a great 2010.
I would not mind Ponder if Alex fails. Ponder is one of my favorite QB's in this draft class along with Locker and Luck, not as high on Mallet as some are. I dont like tall QB's for some reason.
Yeah, I'll be following him closely this year to get a real good gauge. It sounds like he'll be available around where we'll be picking so if we go Qb he maybe the choice.
Sep 10, 2010 at 12:20 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Originally posted by mayo63:Originally posted by AB83Rules:Originally posted by mayo63:
AB, what's your take on Ponder, first round pick?
yeah, I think right now he is a 1st rd pick, I have him as my 4th best QB.
He has great intangibles, the production is there, 2006: Redshirted. 2007: (1/0) 8 of 18 (44.4 pct.), 105 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. 2008: (13/13) 177 of 318 (55.7), 2,006 yards, 14 TD, 13 INT. 2009: (9/9) 227 of 330 (68.8), 2,717 yards, 14 TD, 7 INT. Career: 196 carries, 653 yards (3.3 avg.), 6 TD.
While his disadvantages or weaknesses are His Decision making, and Arm Strength/Accuracy.
If he wants to be a top 15 pick, which I believe he can be, he better have a great 2010.
I would not mind Ponder if Alex fails. Ponder is one of my favorite QB's in this draft class along with Locker and Luck, not as high on Mallet as some are. I dont like tall QB's for some reason.
Yeah, I'll be following him closely this year to get a real good gauge. It sounds like he'll be available around where we'll be picking so if we go Qb he maybe the choice.
yeah, I can see him being picked by us, i wouldnt mind it at all. Like i said im more high on Ponder than Mallet.
I even like the delaware kid, Devlin. Could be a joe flacco type.
Myself and Justin(jreff22) had Devlin to Minnesota in rd 1 late, but its an early mock and annything and everything likely happens.
Sep 10, 2010 at 4:55 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
I forgot to put down tonights game, WVU and Marshall. Eric Dobson with a huge TD Catch.
Here are my fav for each team.
WVU:
Noel Devine
Robert Sands
Jock Sanders
MARSHALL:
Vinny Curry
Mario Harvey
look out for both Harvey and Curry(who is #99)
Here are my fav for each team.
WVU:
Noel Devine
Robert Sands
Jock Sanders
MARSHALL:
Vinny Curry
Mario Harvey
look out for both Harvey and Curry(who is #99)
Sep 10, 2010 at 7:41 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
what a game Marshall/West Virginia.
after being down 14-6 at Half, WVU has come back forced OT, and scored a FG to take a 24-21 lead.
Devine rushed for 112 yard so far with a TD in regulation.
after being down 14-6 at Half, WVU has come back forced OT, and scored a FG to take a 24-21 lead.
Devine rushed for 112 yard so far with a TD in regulation.
Sep 11, 2010 at 8:08 AM
- nfldraftpost
- Member
- Posts: 4
Originally posted by AB83Rules:Originally posted by mayo63:
AB, what's your take on Ponder, first round pick?
yeah, I think right now he is a 1st rd pick, I have him as my 4th best QB.
He has great intangibles, the production is there, 2006: Redshirted. 2007: (1/0) 8 of 18 (44.4 pct.), 105 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT. 2008: (13/13) 177 of 318 (55.7), 2,006 yards, 14 TD, 13 INT. 2009: (9/9) 227 of 330 (68.8), 2,717 yards, 14 TD, 7 INT. Career: 196 carries, 653 yards (3.3 avg.), 6 TD.
While his disadvantages or weaknesses are His Decision making, and Arm Strength/Accuracy.
If he wants to be a top 15 pick, which I believe he can be, he better have a great 2010.
I would not mind Ponder if Alex fails. Ponder is one of my favorite QB's in this draft class along with Locker and Luck, not as high on Mallet as some are. I dont like tall QB's for some reason.
Great list of prospects, i have Ponder QB nr 1 out of all the SR quarterbacks. At this time i would take Ponder over Locker. I truly think that Ponder is gonna have an amazing 2010.
Quarterbacks: SR
1. Christian Ponder - QB - Florida State
2. Jake Locker - QB - Washington
3. Pat Devlin - QB - Delaware
http://nfldraftpost.com/prospects/prospects-2011.htmlNFL Draft Post Prospects
Sep 11, 2010 at 2:51 PM
- mayo49
- Veteran
- Posts: 65,216
First time looking at Ponder, looks the part, decent arm, good accuracy and seems to have good mobility. Hope he's there for us if we go QB next year.
Sep 11, 2010 at 7:57 PM
- AB81Rules
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 34,116
Andrew Luck is playing right now against UCLA, I wanna see how he does against the pass rush of Akeem Ayers, and the great S Rahim Moore.
Sep 11, 2010 at 9:36 PM
- Hopper
- Veteran
- Posts: 12,423
Can't watch the SC game. How does Ras-I Dowling look tonight?
- 1 2