LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

******* 49ers Draft Grade so far (Vote) *******

******* 49ers Draft Grade so far (Vote) *******

Originally posted by northshore:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I gave it an F, too many reaches, not enough immediate help for a team that THINKS it can make the play offs. This is a coach killing draft. We filled needs at O-line that we could have filled through free agency with guys who MIGHT be ready. We appear to have loaded up with talent to run the most boring Singletary run run punt offense ever, great more predictable play calling coming soon! Bad draft bad direction bad coaching bad ownership, the only thing this team has going for it is us die hard fans!

We filled the needs Mel Kiper and all the media whores said we should! That spells trouble.

We still lack speed on both sides of the ball at way too many positions!
We still lack a RB that spreads the defense
We still lack a speed Wide out Ted Ginn really is a kick returner, thats all.
We are still one D-linemen short of having 3 starter for our 3-4
We still lack a pure pass rush OLB
We still lack a speed CB
But we have to frickin awesome prospects at O-line!

Hope I am way wrong, even if I am not I will still root for my beloved Niners!

I hate idiots likeyou....I really do

WTF Noob! LOL what an ass you are! begone!
Originally posted by remdob1:
Originally posted by dman:
I gave it an F, too many reaches, not enough immediate help for a team that THINKS it can make the play offs. This is a coach killing draft. We filled needs at O-line that we could have filled through free agency with guys who MIGHT be ready. We appear to have loaded up with talent to run the most boring Singletary run run punt offense ever, great more predictable play calling coming soon! Bad draft bad direction bad coaching bad ownership, the only thing this team has going for it is us die hard fans!

We filled the needs Mel Kiper and all the media whores said we should! That spells trouble.

We still lack a speed CB

I agree with some of your points that we need more speed on offense and more secondary players that excel in space.

But I still give the draft a B, we needed O-Line badly and still have nice weapons for Alex, now hes protected.

Mays had a sick 40 time but Im not sure how hed do defending the pass and playing in the open field.

We will see ... solid draft so far though.

Meh, if you like Vanilla, it's okay, I just think we could have done more.

Vanilla. Pounding the ball is vanillia? Then it opens the secondary up for Crabs and VD- Maybe throw a little Ginn in to really streach the secondary - I will take this vanilla because it comes with toppings!
Originally posted by remdob1:
Originally posted by dman:

We still lack a speed CB

I agree with some of your points that we need more speed on offense and more secondary players that excel in space.

But I still give the draft a B, we needed O-Line badly and still have nice weapons for Alex, now hes protected.

Mays had a sick 40 time but Im not sure how hed do defending the pass and playing in the open field.

We will see ... solid draft so far though.

Meh, if you like Vanilla, it's okay, I just think we could have done more.

Vanilla. Pounding the ball is vanillia? (yes) Then it opens the secondary up for Crabs and VD- Maybe throw a little Ginn(everyone knows he can't catch, and coach Sully couldn't teach s**t to catch flies) in to really streach the secondary - I will take this vanilla because it comes with toppings!

Yes as a matter of fact that is exactly the definition of Vanilla offense, pound em till they roll up the corners and go deep! From 1960-1981 that was how it was done, nowadays defenses are to good for that simple style of play! To big to fast to smart to well coached, it always fails!

Trickery and deceit are the tools of a modern football coach!
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by 49ers18:
I give it an A+

I don't care what we do in the last day....we picked up two great lineman to improve the weakest part of our team...then on the 2nd day we pick up Mays to be out SS and be that intimidating force in the defensive backfield that all great teams have.

No WR is going to want to go over the middle on us with Mays sitting back there...and you think anyone is going to run him over if they get by P Willie....Hell No!

I love this draft and cant wait for the season to start

Who is the intimidator for the Saints? Colts? Ravens? Mays is OVERRATED across this board, he was a poor tackler at USC in the open field and is known for just going for the big hit. Turnovers have a bigger impact than a couple of big hits. We need a safety that can actually play the ball. I give it a B, could've been better if we drafted a Safety who actually played the position in college

Who is the intimidation factor for the Saint, Colts and Ravens?

Well the saints don't really have one, Sharper was the closest thing they had...he was more of a ball hawk though. But the Ravens have Zibikowski who is NOTHING compared to Mays...that and Reed can lay the wood when he needs to. But those two teams use their saftys completely different then we do. The Colts use their safteys different too...but they have a guy whose game is very simmilar to Mays'...Bob Sanders...that is what he does...he makes the hit and doesn't let anyone past him...there is no way you can say Bob Sanders is not a good Safety and you cant say that he is a ball hawk either
I gave it an A+ which means Ass Kicking season and and Div Title Smith ,Gore,Crabs, VD and whoever have great stats and are healthy all season. GO NINERS
Originally posted by northshore:

We still lack a speed CB

I hate idiots likeyou....I really do

You need to look in the mirror, dips**t

WTF Noob! LOL what an ass you are! begone!

Originally posted by maxsmart:

You need to look in the mirror, dips**t

Go Niners.
I hate to whine about this, but I'd have been much happier if they hadn't traded away their 4th round pick. I think there will be some nice players in that group.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Butter:
I hate to whine about this, but I'd have been much happier if they hadn't traded away their 4th round pick. I think there will be some nice players in that group.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
This draft is an A. If you would have told me before the draft we get this I would have been thrilled.

1A) Anthony Davis
1B) Mike Iupati
2) Taylor Mays
3) Navarro Bowman

5th Rounder) Ted Ginn Jr.

This is a great draft. The 2 O linemen can start from day one. Mays is underrated on this board IMO and can still turn out great. Bowman is a stud. We get a real good guy for our KR/PR game and a from time to time deep threat.

If we get nothing else this draft is phenomenal.

Who needs Scot M?....

Cosigned.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
This draft is an A. If you would have told me before the draft we get this I would have been thrilled.

1A) Anthony Davis
1B) Mike Iupati
2) Taylor Mays
3) Navarro Bowman

This is a great draft. The 2 O linemen can start from day one. Mays is underrated on this board IMO and can still turn out great. Bowman is a stud. We get a real good guy for our KR/PR game and a from time to time deep threat.

Who needs Scot M?....

Cosigned.

x2
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by 49ers18:
I give it an A+

I don't care what we do in the last day....we picked up two great lineman to improve the weakest part of our team...then on the 2nd day we pick up Mays to be out SS and be that intimidating force in the defensive backfield that all great teams have.

No WR is going to want to go over the middle on us with Mays sitting back there...and you think anyone is going to run him over if they get by P Willie....Hell No!

I love this draft and cant wait for the season to start

Who is the intimidator for the Saints? Colts? Ravens? Mays is OVERRATED across this board, he was a poor tackler at USC in the open field and is known for just going for the big hit. Turnovers have a bigger impact than a couple of big hits. We need a safety that can actually play the ball. I give it a B, could've been better if we drafted a Safety who actually played the position in college

Well you know what Debbie Downer. You don't get to hang from May's nut sack when he tears it up. Or when he lights up the WR's in the NFC West!

So if I see you swinging from the ol' scrot, you will get called out brother!

Naw, just kidding man. There is plenty of room on this bus. When you are ready to get on, just let me know. I have a seat waiting for all the haters.

Lol Im not trying to be a hater. I hope he becomes everything that everyone on this board thinks he will be. Im just skeptical about his coverage abilities. But if he can at least step up and start and be a good defender on the run I will be ok with that in year 1. I just have very high expectations for him tho

1A) Anthony Davis
1B) Mike Iupati
2) Taylor Mays
3) Navarro Bowman

Who needs Scot M?....
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

1A) Anthony Davis
1B) Mike Iupati
2) Taylor Mays
3) Navarro Bowman

Who needs Scot M?....

Cosigned.

x2
i would say b to b-...

going two linemen when the sexy pics left werent having when the sexy pics worth having were no longer available was a stellar move. going heavy on the niners biggest weakness was a good thing...i wanted haden, spiller intrigued me. when gone, i even found myself wondering about dez bryant, and wrongly so. i think we look back years from now and thank god the sexy pics werent there to pick. we got some studs.

they get dinged slightly in my eyes because 1) i didnt think a trade up was needed to make it happen 2a) i like the taylor mays pick but the flaws do scare me, had we not traded up two spots for a guy that i feel was going to be there at 13, we would have had ammnuition to move up today to get someone better..2b) everything that happened in our third round seemed to be a product of again, we did not have that 4th round pick to make something happen of it and since we didn't have that 4th round pick(the last pick to make any real noise), who we picked in the third round had to have had more of a impact then what i feel the guy picked will have. that was our last chance with no 4th or 5th pick to realistically get someone of real quality, i wont even watch saturday to see who we pick with irrelevant 6th and 7th round picks. 3) taylor mays crybaby bleep session towards his former coach was pathetic. steve young got hard to watch this draft but his comments on that situation were nails. what an absolute bleep.

if i didnt believe so much in what got done in the 1st round, the 2010 draft for us would have been an enormous failure. had this been a draft where we needed winners with each pick like a team like the rams are, then its a F. we needed to shore up some holes which the 1st round did for us, hopefully. do we still have needs? for sure, everyone does. no one gets to answer every hole anymore. i'de like another cb, that said, i think we can manage with what we got. i'de like a bonafide pass rusher but that said, i think we can manage with our rusher by committee aproach. what we severely lacked and was no longer acceptable was our offensive line, something you would hope we just resolved. the only other major, major hole we really have is qb and by evidence of what happened today, that solution probably wasnt there.

beyond that, mays may or may not even be int he nfl three years from now, scott mcillop part deux is easily a very irrelevant pick.
Share 49ersWebzone