LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Who do you want in the 2nd and 3rd rounds ?

I like both those guys but would prefer secondary help over Misi with our next pick.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
I think they will make some kind of trade tomorrow. Right now they have no picks in rounds 4-5. I can't see them sitting out two whole rounds. They could miss out on a bunch of OLs.

That's ok, I wasn't going to watch Saturday's draft without 4th or 5th round picks.
Mays wont make it past the first 8 picks of the 2nd round.
Originally posted by 49ers18:
i am curious to see who the 49er faithful want to see taken by the 49ers in the 2nd round the most. Personally i want to see Nate Allen the safety from USF taken at 49. If not him then Akwasi Owusu-Ansah...but we may be able to get him in the 3rd with the way things are going.

Dream Scenario:

Pick 49: Sergio Kindle, DE/OLB, Texas

Pick 79: Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB, Indiana (PA)

Everything you just said, but I think both of your dream scenario guys will be gone before we have a chance to grab them...but based on yesterday, who knows?!
Move up to get pass rusher Sergio kindle. This will take this year's third and a mid round next year probably. I would do it since Niners have not had a true pass rusher in a long time.
  • Frisch
  • Info N/A
Secondary is sooo slow. We need to upgrade. I can't take watching another game like the Falcons game last year when nobody could keep up with there WR.

Shipley would be an interesting pick. I think we should trade up and try to get Taylor Mays...maybe. All I know is I think they have done an outstanding job thus far.
[ Edited by Frisch on Apr 23, 2010 at 5:32 AM ]
Originally posted by jogr49:
Move up to get pass rusher Sergio kindle. This will take this year's third and a mid round next year probably. I would do it since Niners have not had a true pass rusher in a long time.

Aside from Brooks.
Originally posted by LeftBankeNiner:
More offensive linemen. We need to use all of our picks on that position.

LOL.
My thinking is if we don't get lucky and pickup a couple great picks today this draft has failure written all over it. Trading up and wasting out 4th round pick for Davis is questionable. But after that there is no way you can spend another 1st rounder on o-line. I am sure the experts will give us a C for draft rating at best. Has a team with 2 first round picks in the top 20 ever used them both on O-lineman?
  • yummy12
  • Info N/A
i see them trading down to get a 4th or 5th round pick...
How would people feel about Allen and Spikes in the 2nd and 3rd? I reckon with those two picks we would really address some needs on our team at FS and a young LB to go with Willis. I know Spikes could potentially be a reach in the third, but without a 4th we might need to reach on him. Also with Takeo on our team I reckon he would be more inclined to coach up a relative and and generally be a good mentor for Brandon.

If Allen goes before our pick (which I think he might do) I would love for us to draft a CB, Spikes and trade up (6th and maybe 4/5th next year) to draft Rolle!

What do people think of those two scenarios?

Feel free to add your own choices

I wouldn't mind:

Sergio Kindle
Taylor Mays
Reshed Jones
Chad Jones
the corner from Indiana with the long ass name
Originally posted by miked1978:
I wouldn't mind:

Sergio Kindle
Taylor Mays
Reshed Jones
Chad Jones
the corner from Indiana with the long ass name

Add Nate Allen, Jerome Murphy, Dominique Franks, Chris Cook or Brandon Ghee

and in round 3 Brandon Spikes or Ricky Sapp
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Yes, Brandon Spikes in the 3rd would be lovely.
2nd: Chad Jones S or Chris Cook/Brandon Ghee CB
3rd: Perrish Cox/Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB or
Linval Joseph/Cam Thomas/Torell Troup
[ Edited by Paul_Hofer on Apr 23, 2010 at 1:09 PM ]
Taylor Mays
Kindle
Griffen
Spikes
[ Edited by valrod33 on Apr 23, 2010 at 6:21 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone