There are 191 users in the forums

OT Anthony Davis

hey, sorry if this is a repost, but i wondered what you guys think of him.

i heard in the espn draft capsule that he's a boom or bust and has a lot of talent but lacks motivation and often comes in overweight, lazy, etc.

i think if the niners were to draft him, he'd have to be a star. singletary probably wouldn't allow for a player to be taken if he didn't think he had the right mentality to be a great player and i think trent balke also goes along with that. it was also stated in the draft capsule that if he goes to the right team (and when it was said i felt like mcshay was yelling FORTY NINERS! TAKE HIM! I'M TALKING TO YOU!!!) he could be the steal of the draft. well, if balke and singletery take him, then i will be super happy w/ the pick.

i say all of this b/c it seems like there's a really good chance we'll take him. i mean if not him, then probably charles brown, roger saffold, vlad ducasse, etc but it seems that none of them could be the player that anthony davis could be if he wanted it bad enough.

so any thoughts?
I'd recommend hitting the search feature. You'll probably see a huge archive of threads to read through. That should give you a pretty comprehensive view of the opinions on here.
Originally posted by Butter:
I'd recommend hitting the search feature. You'll probably see a huge archive of threads to read through. That should give you a pretty comprehensive view of the opinions on here.

This. But, in a nutshell, the guy has great potential, but has questions re dedication and consistency. Motivation is the huge issue and he could blossom under the right coach ala a Singletary type, or be a huge disappointment. In my humble opinion, not worth chancing a 13 or even 17 on, esp if one of the other top tackles, like Bulaga, are available.
  • dald1
  • Veteran
being a rutgers fan i got to see plenty of davis and i must say he is a frigin ANIMAL!!! starting since he got to rutgers he at times is really dominant and would be extremely excited if we got him.
Share 49ersWebzone