There are 153 users in the forums

1st Round...Call It!

Originally posted by PlayAction:
I'd be VERY VERY happy for Niners to stay exactly where they are and choose
Spiller or Haden or Bulaga or Davis or Haden or Iupati (no qb's for me nor DBryant)

but from all I hear and read I would not be shocked they trade one of their picks...probably #13

for what and with whom I dont know
and for what player I don't know (nor have a reasonable guess)
maybe a future 2011 draft pick?

Go Niners!
playoffs again in 2010!!

I think if Thomas is there at #13 they will trade back. But there are so many quality 2nd and 3rd rounders I have no problem with accumulating picks in those rounds.
Originally posted by yummy12:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by Walsh:
13 Clausen
17 Anthony Davis or Iupati (OL gets addressed and I don't slit my wrists)

I just don't like the Clausen pick. I just don't think he has "IT". Plus, aren't his hands even smaller than Alex's?

So when do you suggest we draft a QB for the future,because Smith not it...

Who says we have to draft one?
#13 Haden - CB
#17 Davis - OT
Originally posted by Yoda_I_Be:
Originally posted by PlayAction:
I'd be VERY VERY happy for Niners to stay exactly where they are and choose
Spiller or Haden or Bulaga or Davis or Haden or Iupati (no qb's for me nor DBryant)

but from all I hear and read I would not be shocked they trade one of their picks...probably #13

for what and with whom I dont know
and for what player I don't know (nor have a reasonable guess)
maybe a future 2011 draft pick?

Go Niners!
playoffs again in 2010!!

I think if Thomas is there at #13 they will trade back. But there are so many quality 2nd and 3rd rounders I have no problem with accumulating picks in those rounds.

I agree and it seems like Dallas may be the best (or first) trade partner but who really knows. That would give us #17 and what, #27 plus an extra second round pick. But it all depends on who goes the first 12 not only for us but for those teams who want to trade up.
13. A.Davis

17. M. Iupati
1a. Anthony Davis
1b. Mike Iupati
650 pounds of down and dirty linemen:

NT Dan Williams
OT Anthony Davis
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Walsh:
13 Clausen
17 Anthony Davis or Iupati (OL gets addressed and I don't slit my wrists)
bulaga and brandon graham
13 - Haden

17 - Davis

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
^^ Thanks, OND!

Many people on this board think you can just plug any rookie in and because he is a 1st rounder, everything will be fine...if you've been around as long as we have watching pro football, you know that's just not always the case. If you can plug in a functional veteran to ease the landing for a rookie, you do it. To me, Sims played well enough to earn the start at LT at least early on, which allows us to move Staley over to RT (which seems to be a better fit for his skills).

I agree 100% on the "plug & play" stuff, but I'm not sure Staley's skill set translates better to RT. I think he's better suited for pass protecting against speed rushers (instead of bull rushers) and he's not exactly a beast that moves piles in the run game, either. That spells leftside to me.

I think the most I could say at this point is that he's a better fit at RT than Brown would be, so if we draft Brown, than I have no problem moving Staley. Otherwise, I'd keep him at LT.
Dez Bryant!
jerry hughes
13 Dan Williams

17 Earl Thomas

That's not even close to what I want, but that's who I think will be there at those picks.
  • dugo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trading #13 and #49 to select Eric Berry, than at #17 we draft Dan Williams.

This would be AWESOME!!!
What if our draft went like this... Spiller and Best!! LMAO
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40764
Share 49ersWebzone