There are 276 users in the forums

The trade up and trade down approach

If I were running the draft this is how Id do it. First off Id take the 13th pick and trade up with the Redskins. They need picks and we could send them the 2nd rd. and/or additional picks. Then I select Eric Berry, or our top rated OT. Then at 17, we trade back with another team, regaining the picks lost to the Skins for their pick. The Steelers and Vikings come to mind. Only if the value is there for an OT or superb OLB or CB/S at 17 do we make the pick. By trading back the 17th we get back in to the middle rounds.

The end result is we get Eric Berry or Okung at 4, and land our overall top rated prospect. Then we either pick a cant-pass-on player at 17 (Iupati if weve taken Berry, Haden/Thomas if weve taken an OT) or trade down for additional picks.

Can someone please forward this to Baalke
I'm sure they are aware of all scenerios and will make what is possible and best for the team to be good this year happen. I'd really like to see us trade up or okung.
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
If I were running the draft this is how Id do it. First off Id take the 13th pick and trade up with the Redskins. They need picks and we could send them the 2nd rd. and/or additional picks. Then I select Eric Berry, or our top rated OT. Then at 17, we trade back with another team, regaining the picks lost to the Skins for their pick. The Steelers and Vikings come to mind. Only if the value is there for an OT or superb OLB or CB/S at 17 do we make the pick. By trading back the 17th we get back in to the middle rounds.

The end result is we get Eric Berry or Okung at 4, and land our overall top rated prospect. Then we either pick a cant-pass-on player at 17 (Iupati if weve taken Berry, Haden/Thomas if weve taken an OT) or trade down for additional picks.

Can someone please forward this to Baalke

Its a good idea, however, its not gonna happen. Baalke will bring surprises (hope they're good)
  • Elric
  • Veteran
Ah Dude Who's going to play corner? You?
Originally posted by Elric:
Ah Dude Who's going to play corner? You?

Joe Haden can go Haden himself.
Share 49ersWebzone