LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 408 users in the forums

I Have a Feeling that the 49ers Will Be Very Active During the NFL Draft

Whether it means moving up, down, or player trades... I think we will be very active! Don't be suprised if we see an unexpected shocker, Good or bad.
Is your shocker Clausen?
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I predict the 49ers to use Manny to trade up in the second or the third and I think they will trade down from one of their firsts.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Is your shocker Clausen?

I'm not sure man? Expect the unexpected.
I agree, Baalke is trying to win the confidence of the York's and get hired as our GM. In the month he's been in charge he has Re-signed Brooks, signed Laboy and traded for Ginn.

I think we will see the 9ers make a trade or 2 and get some good players in this draft.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
I hope we do something interesting but not crazy. But I would prefer to just use are 13 & 17 wisely.
I heard on NFL network that the cowboys are trying to get our 13th pick.
Balke is giong to draft Clausen to suck up to the Yorks!
I just want winners, and Brandon Graham
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I heard on NFL network that the cowboys are trying to get our 13th pick.

they need to give us D.Ware and their 1st round pick then

If we can get an OT at #13, I'm all for trading back from 17. Pick up another 2nd round pick!

My ideal scenario:

#13 OT Bryan Bulaga (I think he will fall)

then trade back from #17, and pick up CB Patrick Robinson or Devin McCourtey. Plus, be would probably have an dditional 2nd round pick!
Originally posted by Nes49:
I hope we do something interesting but not crazy. But I would prefer to just use are 13 & 17 wisely.
The Rothliesberger thing is going to make for some excitement tomorrow, and it may free up either bulaga or williams, because Pitts will need a high pick for either Colt mcCoy or teebow, but probably claassen. Think about it. Rooney's are embarrassed by big- can't-keep-it -in-his-pants-ben, and they do a 180 and surprise everyone with mr. clean, teebow. I can see it.

If that doesn't happen, we have to pick by slot # 5 or 6 to get out OT. I have a hard time seeing bulaga last until #13. If 1 or 2 teams move up to take QBs, then bulaga or williams might fall to 13, but i think that is unlikely. Trade up #13 plus a 3rd next yr for slot 6 or 7, UNLESS qbs get scooped up way earlier than they should be. Pitts is a prime example of who I am talking about, but Cleveland, Seattle, maybe 2 others could get qB antsy.

Then, take iupati at #17 and OL is set for 5-8 yrs, and we can forget OL for 5 yrs while finishing up with OLB, DE/DT, CB,S, RB. We have gone 7 long yrs with one first rd pick in OL, and that is why it is so bad. You have to take OLs high up to get the OL established, then you are set. Man that is what i hope baalke does. Realistically, except for a couple exceptions, after the first rd, we have not done well. Hands down, frank was our best later draft(3rd rd). But the rest, unh-unh. Baalke is gonna have to move up to make it happen.
#13 haden
#17 Thomas
#49 trade for Jared Gaither
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I predict the 49ers to use Manny to trade up in the second or the third and I think they will trade down from one of their firsts.
Share 49ersWebzone