LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 292 users in the forums

LT Bulaga at 13, S Earl Thomas at 17

This would be the the bees knees!
Bulaga @ 13 is probably the best we can hope for -- no way Williams or Okung fall that far.

But if we take Bulaga, perhaps we should take Iupati at 17. Bulaga will probably be an effective RT from day 1, but if he fails he will make an excellent Guard, like Robert Gallery. So if we take Iupati as well, we have another guard/tackle prospect.

Worst-case scenario: we end up with two pro-bowl guards.
On most boards, those guys are both top 10! This would be a great draft start as we take care of two needs with guys with immediate impact at ROT and FS/Slot/ST. Yes, if we draft Thomas or Haden, they will play ST, IMO.

I would love Thomas because he's very good a protecting against the deep ball. He and Goldson will an excellent Safety tandem. In the meantime, Thomas will play well against the slot WRs giving us flexibility to rush the passer on third downs.

Still, I was not too impressed with him in the Championship Game against Alabama against the run. But, I know that was just one game and overall, he had a tremendous season with eight INTs.

Personally, I am still hoping for A. Davis and Iupati. However, I would be very happy with this draft.

Funny, Iupati gets to the second round...
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
If Bulaga and Davis are there at 13 who do you take? I say Davis. No, Bulaga. Ah, just get here already, I'm going crazy waiting for this to start.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 21, 2010 at 8:23 AM ]
Originally posted by sspiker:
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
Any of the top 4 OTs and Haden/Thomas in the first round = awesome.

Agreed. And then Best or McCluster in the 2nd/3rd.

I agree with both of you. I would be happy with those combos.
Originally posted by mayo63:
If Bulaga and Davis are there at 13 who do you take? I say Davis. No, Bulaga. Ah, just get here already, I'm going crazy waiting for this to start.

Bulaga for me other than okung he is my fav OT
Originally posted by thuglife619:

This!
Love the Thomas pick but Bulaga scares me a little. Cant help but think about Gallery.
Can someone please pitch B. Bulaga to me? What does he do best? What was he known for in college? All I know is that he has short arms apparently, and that he's Polish. Ive also read that the O-line coach at Iowa really coaches up his players well and that theyre a product of his system and not truly elite talents.
Not bad at all. Although I might look to take Davis or Pouncey (even though he doesn't fix the RT issue) over Bulaga, then also take Thomas.

Earl Thomas won't drop until 17 he's risen up fast!
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Can someone please pitch B. Bulaga to me? What does he do best? What was he known for in college? All I know is that he has short arms apparently, and that he's Polish. Ive also read that the O-line coach at Iowa really coaches up his players well and that theyre a product of his system and not truly elite talents.

Me would like that very much.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Would rather have Iupati at #17

I'll take either at 17. Both will be good picks.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

Share 49ersWebzone