There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

niners reported having strong interest in qb jimmy clausen

here's the link
http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/04/20/niners-considering-clausen-in-first-round/

Do you niner fans think this is actually true? Personally im not sure if i like this because, we drafted a qb in nate davis last year. What's the point in drafting another one this year!
like stated in other threads, its a smoke screen. Singletary would be shooting himself in the foot with a pick like this.
old news, already posted.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

lmfao i literally laughed
i have heard rumors about this , i just figured i'd post a link, because i didn't find any links on here about the niners interested in clausen.
To be honest, i live in nj and i was going to the draft this year ... but hearing this news, makes me not sure, if i should even go this year. what do you guys think i should do? From reading this, it's evident that im on the alex smith bandwagon!
Originally posted by 49ERSFAN4EVER:
i have heard rumors about this , i just figured i'd post a link, because i didn't find any links on here about the niners interested in clausen.

Is that you Nate Davis?
Originally posted by 49ERSFAN4EVER:
i have heard rumors about this , i just figured i'd post a link, because i didn't find any links on here about the niners interested in clausen.

We really do appreciate you trying to help the Forum. A good thing to remember is to use the search function above. Try putting Clausen in there and see what comes up.
hey stony, thanks for the tip, i appreciate it. It's good to see a 49er fan, help another 49er fan!
Originally posted by 49ERSFAN4EVER:
hey stony, thanks for the tip, i appreciate it. It's good to see a 49er fan, help another 49er fan!

No worries, dude. And don't let the fellas get to you. We like to joke around and give people a bad time.



Like this:



If we draft a QB and no OL, we are the same place we were 5 years ago with Alex.

You don't draft a Rookie QB without an OL. Period.

Walsh sure as hell didn't.

He had Cross, Ayers, Quinlan, Fahnhorst.

Those guys were all young, reasonably high draft picks.

They learned their craft . . .

. . .

. . .


At Steve DeBerg's expense.


By the time Joe started in 81 those guys had 3 or 4 years under the BOB MOTHER FORKING MCKITTRICK

To draft a QB is nice. But without the OL, you are just shucking and jiving.

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

To get Clausen we'd have to give up way too much, for what, a pine rider.

Oh great, we have Vlasic ins San Jose and Clausen in SF, home of the pickles and the Pickle Family Circus.

Stick with the PLAN

Give me 300 Pound MAN
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by 49ERSFAN4EVER:
hey stony, thanks for the tip, i appreciate it. It's good to see a 49er fan, help another 49er fan!

No worries, dude. And don't let the fellas get to you. We like to joke around and give people a bad time.



Like this:




That was Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall, I loved that movie
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
If we draft a QB and no OL, we are the same place we were 5 years ago with Alex.

You don't draft a Rookie QB without an OL. Period.

Walsh sure as hell didn't.

He had Cross, Ayers, Quinlan, Fahnhorst.

Those guys were all young, reasonably high draft picks.

They learned their craft . . .

. . .

. . .


At Steve DeBerg's expense.


By the time Joe started in 81 those guys had 3 or 4 years under the BOB MOTHER FORKING MCKITTRICK

To draft a QB is nice. But without the OL, you are just shucking and jiving.

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

To get Clausen we'd have to give up way too much, for what, a pine rider.

Oh great, we have Vlasic ins San Jose and Clausen in SF, home of the pickles and the Pickle Family Circus.

Stick with the PLAN

Give me 300 Pound MAN

Just to play devil's advocate, what if they draft a big fat guy at 13 and then QB at 17, BUT the plan is to sit the young QB like you're supposed to do?
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:
If we draft a QB and no OL, we are the same place we were 5 years ago with Alex.

You don't draft a Rookie QB without an OL. Period.

Walsh sure as hell didn't.

He had Cross, Ayers, Quinlan, Fahnhorst.

Those guys were all young, reasonably high draft picks.

They learned their craft . . .

. . .

. . .


At Steve DeBerg's expense.


By the time Joe started in 81 those guys had 3 or 4 years under the BOB MOTHER FORKING MCKITTRICK

To draft a QB is nice. But without the OL, you are just shucking and jiving.

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

BIG UGLIES

To get Clausen we'd have to give up way too much, for what, a pine rider.

Oh great, we have Vlasic ins San Jose and Clausen in SF, home of the pickles and the Pickle Family Circus.

Stick with the PLAN

Give me 300 Pound MAN

Just to play devil's advocate, what if they draft a big fat guy at 13 and then QB at 17, BUT the plan is to sit the young QB like you're supposed to do?

Ok, but I guess that means we've given up on Nate Davis without seeing him because he wouldn't survive waivers.

The coaches know best about his progression.

The QB at 17 won't be Claussen according to most mocks. Are you talking Colt McCoy or Tebow?