who do we go with in the 2nd

if available J. Best, Brandon Spikes, C. McCoy or trade down in the secound

who should we choose
My boy Jahvid

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Apr 20, 2010 at 11:56 PM ]
Jerry Hughes if still available or John Jerry
Originally posted by abowers1984:

this...we will secure our OL (OG) or DB with this pick...unless a player slides such as Jerry Hughes or Dexter McCluster/Jahvid Best is available.
Best.

He's the change of pace back that we've been lacking for years. He's the next best explosive running back next to C.J. Spiller. He has blazing speed (40 yard dash time officially a 4.35). I can see him turning a 4 yard dump off pass out of the backfield into a touchdown already. Best would be a great pickup in the second round at number #49 if we actually did draft him. I hope we do!
Man, I love McCoy--I think that after Bradford he will be the best QB to come out of this draft. That said, I would go with Best just because he will help immediately....
Best.
  • dman
  • Veteran
I think there is better value at corner in the 2nd than taking Haden at #13.

Nate Allen at FS is another guy to look at.
Originally posted by irishluder:
Originally posted by abowers1984:

this...we will secure our OL (OG) or DB with this pick...unless a player slides such as Jerry Hughes or Dexter McCluster/Jahvid Best is available.

I'd be cool with any of these guys. i would love to see Best become a Niner though.
I gotta go with the Best!

Jahvid Best is a flat out beast, and when it's all said and done, I think he'll be the best RB to come out of this draft.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Best.

He's the change of pace back that we've been lacking for years. He's the next best explosive running back next to C.J. Spiller. He has blazing speed (40 yard dash time officially a 4.35). I can see him turning a 4 yard dump off pass out of the backfield into a touchdown already. Best would be a great pickup in the second round at number #49 if we actually did draft him. I hope we do!

yes
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
If the draft does go that way in the first round i would be happy with: Jon Asamoah, Jerry Hughes, Jahvid Best
Originally posted by dman:
I think there is better value at corner in the 2nd than taking Haden at #13.

Nate Allen at FS is another guy to look at.

I agree. Also, I'm just not sold on Haden, especially at #13 or even #17. I think there's enough CB depth this year for us to wait till rounds 2 and 3 to pick one up (or more).

I don't think this will happen, but I'd be happy if we could get two stud OTs in the first round: the Jets did it with Ferguson and Mangold and now they have one of the more solid lines around (if not the best O line).
Morgan Burnett if we selected Haden or Thomas as a CB.

Asamoah or Jerry if we selected Thomas as a S

Misi, Hughes, or Witherspoon if theyre available
Share 49ersWebzone