LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 288 users in the forums

2nd Rounder For Haynesworth?

Originally posted by wailers15:
Look i know he's got some bagage like his fkd up contract & his attitude sucks, but why the hell not offer a 2nd rounder for him. I mean that's what the pro's are saying on the networks. Saying that a 2nd rounder for Haynesworth wouldn't be to bad.

instead of a 2nd rounder... Haynesworth for Franklin.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd trade for him....put him at LDE opposite Smith, put Sopoaga as the backup NT and you have one of the best starting 3-4 fronts in all of football with some nice young backups as well:

Haynesworth Franklin Smith
Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 3rd rounder, but I'd definitely make that move. That front line would be a wall...just completely impossible to run against, and Haynesworth and Justin Smith would require fairly consistent double-teams on the outside on passing plays, giving more opportunities for our OLBs to make plays.

Yes I agree somewhat. But look at the salary. The Yorks won't want a $100 Million defensive linemen.

Once again, his salary pays an average of $5.23 million per year over the next 3 years. The Redskins already paid out the major portion of his salary including a $21 million roster bonus they paid to him recently. To put this figure in perspective, we pay Justin Smith about $6 million a year, so Haynesworth would be cheaper than him ...
Originally posted by matt49er:
and he's a complete ass
he makes $100M and would clog up our budget
he doesn't want to play in a 3-4

He doesnt want to play nose guard in the 3-4. I could see him playing LDE but for a 6th round pick
Haynesworth got paid and now he is Lazy and unmotivated, stay away from him
Look i know he's got some bagage like his fkd up contract & his attitude sucks, but why the hell not offer a 2nd rounder for him. I mean that's what the pro's are saying on the networks. Saying that a 2nd rounder for Haynesworth wouldn't be to bad.

what the hell is wrong with you , he dose not want to play for 3-4 !
I don't want him on our team. He might step on Heitmann's face during practice...
I'd trade for him....put him at LDE opposite Smith, put Sopoaga as the backup NT and you have one of the best starting 3-4 fronts in all of football with some nice young backups as well:

Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 3rd rounder, but I'd definitely make that move. That front line would be a wall...just completely impossible to run against, and Haynesworth and Justin Smith would require fairly consistent double-teams on the outside on passing plays, giving more opportunities for our OLBs to make plays.

Naw it really won't be. I watched him play every game for the Skins and I don't know if it was b/c he was in Dc or b/c he got paid but I've never seen such lazy play in my life from any player. when he plays and is angry he's a beast. But last year this guy would take off half the time he was in the game. Every game he's magically hurt so he could come out for a breather. the thing is he doesn't and wouldn't want to be a DE in the 3-4 and if he doesn't want to do something he isn't gonna suck it up and play hard regardless. He's gonna bulls**t.
Originally posted by Niners23:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

Yes I agree somewhat. But look at the salary. The Yorks won't want a $100 Million defensive linemen.

Once again, his salary pays an average of $5.23 million per year over the next 3 years. The Redskins already paid out the major portion of his salary including a $21 million roster bonus they paid to him recently. To put this figure in perspective, we pay Justin Smith about $6 million a year, so Haynesworth would be cheaper than him ...

I'm sold. Lets do it.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

Naw it really won't be. I watched him play every game for the Skins and I don't know if it was b/c he was in Dc or b/c he got paid but I've never seen such lazy play in my life from any player. when he plays and is angry he's a beast. But last year this guy would take off half the time he was in the game. Every game he's magically hurt so he could come out for a breather. the thing is he doesn't and wouldn't want to be a DE in the 3-4 and if he doesn't want to do something he isn't gonna suck it up and play hard regardless. He's gonna bulls**t.

According to him, he had to work out with the Redskins last year and said he wasn't in great shape...he's working out with this trainer this off-season because he wants to be in the kind of shape he was when he was in Tennessee. I'm personally not buying it, but that's what he said.

IMO, if anyone can reach him and get him to play inspired football, it would be Singletary. For the right price, I'd take a chance on him.
Originally posted by cNiner:

He said he wasn't really a 3-4 NT, but he did say that playing DE in a 3-4 is essentially like a DT in a 4-3 and he was cool with that.

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cNiner:

All he has said is that he doesn't want to be a nose tackle. Can you provide a link where he says he doesn't want to play in a 3-4?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 defense.

Exactly. He's a waste of talent. He'd be perfect in Oakland.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 defense.

Exactly. He's a waste of talent. He'd be perfect in Oakland.

For the last time people, he never said he doesn't want to play in a 3-4. Please stop repeating this. Here's what he actually said:

"I haven't really had a whole lot of conversations about it to them," he said of his new coaches, whom he praised several times. "I don't know, I guess whatever. I don't know what I'm supposed to do or to say. I'm under contract there, so there's nothing I can really say about it....You look at all the nose tackles in the NFL, they're all the same type guys. Like me, I'm 6-6, 330, 340 pounds, whatever. Most of those guys are short, stubbier, pretty much stump-type guys. I don't think I'm built to be a nose tackle, to be honest."

Given several opportunities to express serious misgivings, however, Haynesworth declined. Here's what he said when asked if he was no longer a good fit in D.C.

"I mean, I wouldn't really say that," Haynesworth said. "We've got a good coach and all that stuff. Whatever they ask me to do, that's what I'm gonna do. I'm not gonna be a distraction or anything. I'm just gonna do what they ask me to do."

Later, he was asked if he had considered requesting a trade.

"Nah, I haven't done anything like that," Haynesworth said. "Hopefully they put me at end and that's where I play at. End in 3-4 is the same thing as a defensive tackle in the 4-3, I believe."
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM ]

Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

*drool*

Positives:

His salary is reasonable for the near future because his contract was massively frontloaded, and the Skins just paid out a $21 million bonus.

He's open to playing end in a 3-4, and our line would be fricking ridiculous with him, Franklin, and Smith.

If anyone can motivate Haynesworth to go all out every play, it's Sing.

Even if Haynesworth did slack off last season, he still helped Carter (coming off a 4 sack season) and Orakpo (a rookie) to double digit sacks each.

Negatives:

He's hurt alot, never plays a full season.

How high of a pick do we have to give up to get him?
Share 49ersWebzone