LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

2nd Rounder For Haynesworth?

Look i know he's got some bagage like his fkd up contract & his attitude sucks, but why the hell not offer a 2nd rounder for him. I mean that's what the pro's are saying on the networks. Saying that a 2nd rounder for Haynesworth wouldn't be to bad.
He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 defense.
and he's a complete ass
he makes $100M and would clog up our budget
he doesn't want to play in a 3-4
Originally posted by matt49er:
and he's a complete ass
Originally posted by Schulzy:

When did he say that?
and he's a complete ass

+1
Originally posted by socal9er42:
and he's a complete ass

+1

Most of his contract has been paid, he only averages $5.23 million over the next 3 years, which is very good for a top tier player. Consider that we're paying Franklin over $7 million with the franchise tag.
Originally posted by ninerfan21:
and he's a complete ass
Originally posted by jta854:

When did he say that?

Don't know if he ever directly said that to the media, but rumor has it that's why he wants out of Washington.

Link
I honestly value a 2nd rounder more than that guy.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by jta854:

When did he say that?

Don't know if he ever directly said that to the media, but rumor has it that's why he wants out of Washington.

Link

Quote:
"I haven't really had a whole lot of conversations about it to them," he said of his new coaches, whom he praised several times. "I don't know, I guess whatever. I don't know what I'm supposed to do or to say. I'm under contract there, so there's nothing I can really say about it....You look at all the nose tackles in the NFL, they're all the same type guys. Like me, I'm 6-6, 330, 340 pounds, whatever. Most of those guys are short, stubbier, pretty much stump-type guys.I don't think I'm built to be a nose tackle, to be honest."
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/03/haynesworth_i_dont_think_im_bu.html
3rd for Gaither
4th for Haynesworth

That's it
I'd trade for him....put him at LDE opposite Smith, put Sopoaga as the backup NT and you have one of the best starting 3-4 fronts in all of football with some nice young backups as well:

Haynesworth Franklin Smith
Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 3rd rounder, but I'd definitely make that move. That front line would be a wall...just completely impossible to run against, and Haynesworth and Justin Smith would require fairly consistent double-teams on the outside on passing plays, giving more opportunities for our OLBs to make plays.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Apr 21, 2010 at 12:32 AM ]
I'd look into it depending on the contract implications. The only real concern I'd have with him is his lack of durability, but our team is probably deepest along the DL anyways.

If you question just how dominant he is, just look at the sack totals for Carter and Orakpo last year.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
I'd trade for him....put him at LDE opposite Smith, put Sopoaga as the backup NT and you have one of the best starting 3-4 fronts in all of football with some nice young backups as well:

Haynesworth Franklin Smith
Balmer Sopoaga McDonald

I wouldn't give up anything more than a 3rd rounder, but I'd definitely make that move. That front line would be a wall...just completely impossible to run against, and Haynesworth and Justin Smith would require fairly consistent double-teams on the outside on passing plays, giving more opportunities for our OLBs to make plays.

Yes I agree somewhat. But look at the salary. The Yorks won't want a $100 Million defensive linemen.
Share 49ersWebzone