LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 130 users in the forums

49ers | Could move up in draft

Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
YES !!!!!!!

I hope it happens, even though its not gonna happen.

i usually agree with you bud on just about everything but this would be a STUPID move

do you really want to waste BOTH of our picks on a guy that probably isnt going to start all year? plus the needs we have would not be addressed until the 2nd round pretty much pushing back the need for a OT CB S & LB meaning the talent pool will be dryer by the time we pick later then earlier in the draft

just because the guy went to Notre Dame doesnt mean he's the next coming of Montana

Clausen does not look like a franchise QB imo
i rather wait in the later rounds & gamble on a guy like Pike

No, I wouldn't want to trade both picks either. I was just being sarcastic.

dont scare me like that dude u had me going their for a min........

F*C*ER!!!

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
YES !!!!!!!

i usually agree with you bud on just about everything but this would be a STUPID move

do you really want to waste BOTH of our picks on a guy that probably isnt going to start all year? plus the needs we have would not be addressed until the 2nd round pretty much pushing back the need for a OT CB S & LB meaning the talent pool will be dryer by the time we pick later then earlier in the draft

just because the guy went to Notre Dame doesnt mean he's the next coming of Montana

No, I wouldn't want to trade both picks either. I was just being sarcastic.

dont scare me like that dude u had me going their for a min........

F*C*ER!!!

haha, yah I wouldn't really trade up for anybody we need all the good players we can get. Nobody in this draft is a must have guy.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
YES !!!!!!!

No on Pike! We can wait until next year to draft a Qb! or even trade for one!

Trade up only for Eric Berry!

Im sorry but you dont trade up for a Safety.

another thing we both agree on....... NO ON TRADING FOR A SAFETY
if your going to move up & give both of our picks i mean i woudnt do it period but it would be a TACKLE like Russell Okung if that was the only choice

but i rather keep both of our picks & get 2 players instead of 1
calm down peeps, let this info spread, others teams will panic, and a player we covet will fall to us...

Its all about smoke screens guys, ESPECIALLY 2 days before the draft.
I think the 49ers try to move down from 13 and have someone move up to get Clausen or Earl Thomas
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
If we move up, IMO its to draft Eric Berry. He would be the missing piece to a truly elite D who could step in on day 1 and be a difference maker.

We won't be drafting Clausen.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
OMG

that clip is awesome.
I could live with taking a chance on Clausen with one pick but if we're packaging both 1st rounders to take him, he better be Peyton Manning.
[]
[ Edited by Syxton on Apr 20, 2010 at 1:12 PM ]

Originally posted by Syxton:

thats not funny
This would ruin my weekend.
On a deep draft (like this year's), you don't trade up. You trade down so you get more quality players on your roster.

With that said, I think this is just posturing from the Niner's standpoint to have another team draft ahead of them to get Clausen so that a better player falls on their laps (hopefully one of the top OTs).
  • fryet
  • Veteran
If this happened, then we would know what Raiders fan feel.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
You got to be kidding me. Jed is in love with Clausen? Great, we're in great position to get two good players and now Jed wants to trade away our picks for Clausen? Tell me this isn't true.
Share 49ersWebzone