There are 212 users in the forums

BigWads Final Mock of 2010

Ginn's addition changes everything. What a great move too.

13 - Anthony Davis, OT - Finally, our legit RT
17 - Trade back to the mid 20's for a 3rd rounder
25 - Jerry Hughes, OLB - Love this kid...great motor and awareness not to mention quickness.
49 - Brandon Spikes, ILB - Perfect thumper to play special teams until he takes over for his cousin.
79 - Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, CB
89 - Myron Rolle, S
113 - Ciron Black, OT/OG - There is going to be a battle for the OL...which we need desperately.

Covers every need and sees into the future too.
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for DaDivaRecieva15.
i can dig it!
  • WillisGoldson
  • Info N/A
noo nooo nooo. You want to take Brandon fuc*&ng spikes in the second round. He ran a 5 flat we could get in him the 4th or 5th round. And hughes makes no sense either. I like the first pick only
Originally posted by WillisGoldson:
noo nooo nooo. You want to take Brandon fuc*&ng spikes in the second round. He ran a 5 flat we could get in him the 4th or 5th round. And hughes makes no sense either. I like the first pick only

Have o agree
  • cgida
  • Veteran
You don't draft a "thumper " for special teams in the second round when there are many other better options available. Spikes is worth a 3rd or 4th at the earliest.
I really hope we miss out on Anthony Davis. Guys with bad motors almost always equal to busts. I don't buy this Singletary will light a fire under his @ss. Vernon had the work ethic he was just out of control.

I like the rest of the draft though. Personally I'd prefer Iupati at 13 even if we're planning on playing him at RT. I'd take the bigger learning curve over the lack of work ethic any day of the week.
I don't really like this mock.

I don't like either the Spikes or Rolle selections. They are big names, but short on talent for their respective positions.

Rather than Spikes I would prefer a Donald Butler from UW who could be had in the 4th round

Rather than Rolle I would prefer Kam Chancellor from VT, who may be available in the 5th, but since we don't have a 5th we would have to manuever to get him.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
It's ok. Not a fan of Spikes there. Would probably go DB
  • 49erFaiTHFuLL
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigwads:

25 - Jerry Hughes, OLB - Love this kid...great motor and awareness not to mention quickness.
49 - Brandon Spikes, ILB - Perfect thumper to play special teams until he takes over for his cousin.
89 - Myron Rolle, S
113 - Ciron Black, OT/OG - There is going to be a battle for the OL...which we need desperately.

Where is the fix for our D-Line....... You do know our NT is on a one yr contract right? J.Smith (mad props) is not gettin any younger. And Soap? common..... I would take C.Thomas (DT) before B. Spikes.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaiTHFuLL:

89 - Myron Rolle, S

Where is the fix for our D-Line....... You do know our NT is on a one yr contract right? J.Smith (mad props) is not gettin any younger. And Soap? common..... I would take C.Thomas (DT) before B. Spikes.

We better lock up Franklin to a 4 year deal. The guy isn't the youngest but he hasn't had all that much playing time so his body wouldnt have taken as bad a beating.

sorry bigwads, I have seen a lot better from you....

89 - Myron Rolle, S

Ditto. Or Linval Joseph or Torrel Troup.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
sorry bigwads, I have seen a lot better from you....
Wow...what's with the backlash...

Spikes was a fringe first rounder until he ran his 40.

How can anyone not like the Davis and Hughes selections?

Who would ya'all take instead of Spikes and Rolle?

89 - Myron Rolle, S

What in the F@#$#@ is wrong with our Dline? Is this comment for real?
Share 49ersWebzone