LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

who would you be most disappointed with if available at 13

who would you be most disappointed with if available at 13

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Tebow
I don't really have a problem with any of these guys. I'd be surprised if the 49ers took Clausen or JPP, but not shocked.

3 more days...
Pierre-Paul
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Clausen. And its not even close.

Those of you who are against Clausen are gonna feel stupid when he turns out to be a star and Alex will end up like David Carr.

C'mon susweel.....considering the strong supporters of Alex Smith, do you really expect them to recognize a franchise QB?

Those of you who are against Clausen are gonna feel stupid when he turns out to be a star and Alex will end up like David Carr.

for me it has less to do with supporting Smith and more to do with not wanting to take Clausen at 13. I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 1st this year, yes, but I'd be able to swallow it better at 17, assuming we get an OT at 13.

I just feel like grabbing him at 13 is jumping the gun on a position that isn't the most pressing need. OL is the most pressing and we have to get that taken care of first or it won't matter who the QB is.
[ Edited by HessianDud on Apr 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM ]
150 sacks in the last 3 years - Oh yeah, Clausen is the right pick. NOT!!!!!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

hmmm...maybe we can put him at DE or OLB?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

for me it has less to do with supporting Smith and more to do with not wanting to take Clausen at 13. I'm not a fan of taking a QB in the 1st this year, yes, but I'd be able to swallow it better at 17, assuming we get an OT at 13.

I just feel like grabbing him at 13 is jumping the gun on a position that isn't the most pressing need. OL is the most pressing and we have to get that taken care of first or it won't matter who the QB is.

If the OL are gone at 13 and Clausen is there, you gotta take him.

hell no. Clausen is an idiot.
  • Walsh
  • Veteran
are you guys crazy? someone tell me the last time a guard went at 13?

Yeah, it's really not about Alex Smith. It's about Clausen being a dandy-boy. I mean, how many does SF have to tolerate? First, there's Garcia, who took merciless abuse for the... "soft" way he spoke. Then, there's Shaun Hill, who throws like a gal... and now, we take speedo-wearing, limpo-wristed Clausen as our QB?

Puke...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

And the amount of tackles that will go between the picks of 14 and 16 is

1 max pending what Seattle does at 6.

If we go Claussen followed by OL (and we will take an OL in the 1st in just about any scenario) I don't see the complaint.

I'm not sure what the two have to do with each other, but feelings about Smith notwithstanding, those who are in favor of Clausen will be very disappointed when he turns out to be the next Chris Simms.

Mark my words, that kid will never stay healthy enough to be a consistant starter in the NFL.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Iupati at the 13th spot.

you don't have to. if all the OL are gone there would be other players who would have immediate impact and fill needs at S, OLB, CB.
Share 49ersWebzone