LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

ESPN Blog Network Mock Draft - 4/19

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Blog Network Mock Draft
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM ]
I love this mock. This would be the best offseason in terms of building our offense. Ginn, Spiller, and A Davis. Wow our offense would be set for years with all the weapons we would have!!!
That's all I want!!!
There's absolutely no way Haden drops to #18.
I could see the draft falling this way. I think I am more excited to see what the Raiders screw up, err I mean pick; and who falls to us.
Originally posted by foreign49er:
There's absolutely no way Haden drops to #18.

Agreed, I can actually see the Giants picking him allowing Iupati to fall to us. 15-18 in this draft are pretty interchangeable.
I don't like the Spiller pick. The Niners just traded a 5th for a special teams guy. Not only does the recent trade eliminate to use Spiller as a ST guy, but it would also upset some of the team chemistry by pissing off Frank Gore. The Niners would be better off with Haden at 13.
  • seanh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
I don't like the Spiller pick. The Niners just traded a 5th for a special teams guy. Not only does the recent trade eliminate to use Spiller as a ST guy, but it would also upset some of the team chemistry by pissing off Frank Gore. The Niners would be better off with Haden at 13.

When Gore proves he can last an entire season I'll start to care about pissing him off. I love Gore as much as the next guy, but he wouldn't be a reason for me not to take Spiller. I do agree though that if they are both there at 13 I lean towards Haden.

What does a #3 or #4 WR have to do with a RB? Aside from being a returner as well they play different positions and we still need depth and speed at RB. If Gore goes down with and injury is Ginn going to play RB...........?
Can I has Graham instead of Spiller por favor

Originally posted by seanh:

When Gore proves he can last an entire season I'll start to care about pissing him off. I love Gore as much as the next guy, but he wouldn't be a reason for me not to take Spiller. I do agree though that if they are both there at 13 I lean towards Haden.
Originally posted by jreff22:

What does a #3 or #4 WR have to do with a RB? Aside from being a returner as well they play different positions and we still need depth and speed at RB. If Gore goes down with and injury is Ginn going to play RB...........?

Att Yards Avg Long TD Rec Yards Avg Long TD
233 1,383 5.9 87 10 16 118 7.4 15 1
this guy will play RB I think they want to give him a chance
  • rosenbaum8
  • Info N/A
Questions...Situations...Players

Regarding Dashon Goldson. Although he was good last year, I hear talk about moving him to SS and drafting a FS? Would it be more logical to pass on a player like Earl Thomas and look for a SS in later rounds and leave Goldson at FS? I think the bigger concern is who will fill Michael Lewis as he nears the end of his career. They're are many talented FS's in this years draft but I am beginning to feel confident in Goldson as our FS of the future, not SS. Is it easier to draft a FS and push Goldson to SS or to leave Goldson at FS and draft SS? I thinking moving a player to a different position following a break out year would not make much sense.

Dan Williams. For some reason, drafting DT's early in the draft scares the s**t out of me. Perhaps because of our track record with drafting DL but either way I am scared of this player. Although this years draft class in DL is a very high one, and depth at NT is very necessary, I am still scared of drafting this player. I did do some research on Dan Williams and honestly he does look like a very very good football player and I could be very wrong, I just do not want the 49ers to draft DL with our first pick.

Anthony Davis. If Davis, Spiller, and Haden are all available at 13, who do we pick? I think the better question is, who of these players will still be available at the 17th pick. Although this situation is not very likely, it could very well happen. The decision will not come down to who is the highest player on our board, but who is the most likely to still be available at 17. When I think of Davis, I think of his combine performance, which was bad. I think of a player who has a ton of potential, but scares me. I am more confident in Charles Brown out of USC but know that he is too much of a reach at 17. So I my question still lies at who will we pick if these players are available at 13?

Sergio Kindle. Sergio Kindle is a very intriguing player to me. When I think of him I think of Brian Orakpo. I also think that we have many solid OLB on our current roster and wonder if taking a player like Kindle would give us the best value. I think he is going to be a very good player and if he is available at 17, we should take a very serious look at drafting him.

In conclusion. I think taking BPA gives us the best chance to draft a good football player. I don't want to draft Davis unless he is available at 17 and I am willing to take that risk. I would have no problem drafting Haden/Kindle Spiller/Kindle Spiller/Iupati and taking Roger Saffold or Vladimir Ducasse in the 2nd. Something to think about.
Not a bad draft for us at all. I'm just really curious to see what direction we move in.
Originally posted by seanh:

I agree with that(leaning towards Haden). I would prefer to take RB in the 2nd or 3rd round(Dexter McCluster comes to mind).
Share 49ersWebzone