There are 50 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Interesting draft day sleepers....

I found an article that has some real small school propects with potential. Some guys i never heard of but seem really legit.

Here's the article...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/draft-2010/04/18/sleeprs/index.html?xid=si_nfl

the guys i like from it are...

Deji Karim/RB/Southern, Illinois thick legged running back with speed and good numbers.

My Favorite :) Marc Mariani/WR/Montana this guy looks really good on tape. He seems like a small school micheal crabtree...with his total yards and catches and highlights being all crazy and stuff. But he has ridiculous hands and more then solid speed to beat teams down seams and deep. but looks to go kinda late. It seems the colts are aiming for him...and colts pick out good recievers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNM1NYBp0QQ

but there are plenty more on the list...tell me what u think about these guys and the others :)
Pretty impressive that Mariani! That first one where he lays out reminded me of one of Brandon Lloyd's circus catches. Let's hope he improves on Lloyd's career. I just don't know where he would fit in on our team.
Mariani is an awesome player. watched him ever sat and he never dissapointed
If Linval Joseph slips in to the 3rd round we should nab him. Hes the strongest NT in the draft, bar none. 39 bench reps at the combine. Always collapses the pocket. He weighs like 330 and could add some more weight. He came in to ECU weighing 370 as a freshman! His coach Skip Holtz just bolted for another team, and that was a major factor in him declaring as a junior. Cuz is a beast and we could use him anywhere on the d-line.
My sleeper is Myron Rolle. I have always liked this guy. Im glad he chose to go to Oxford and then come to the NFL. I hope we draft him at some point.
Originally posted by ace8016:
My sleeper is Myron Rolle. I have always liked this guy. Im glad he chose to go to Oxford and then come to the NFL. I hope we draft him at some point.

Why? What did he really do in college? He looks too stiff to me.
  • johngalt16
  • Info N/A
If he is still available in the third round, I would love to see SF pick up DT Arthur Jones out of Syracuse. He is under the radar because of injury, but is a lot like Dwight Freeney.
My sleeper pick is Cody Grimm safety from Va Tech i love players with NFL blood lines he could play on are special teams for yrs to come