There are 49 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is brandon graham the new quentin groves?

It seems like people are falling in love with brandon graham like they did quentin groves a couple of years ago, a "cant miss" pass rusher. its started with us trading back to draft him, then it grew it taking with the 17th pick. Now im reading about how we should grab him with the 13th pick.
I believe he is too much of a tweener, he hasnt played LB since high school. Just because he had some sacks in college doesnt mean he can play OLB in our 3-4.
They're quite different kinds of players. There are going to be plenty of offensive linemen and backs who REALLY won't look forward to seeing Brandon Graham across from them on game days...
No, he's the same Brandon Graham
the new lamarr woodley is a much better comparison and i dont just mean cuz they both went to michigan:

build, motor and they both play the way sing wants. physical with an F.

groves game was built more on speed.
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:

At the risk of prolonging the set of useless (but interesting) comparisons this thread will spawn, I think Sergio Kindle is more similar than Graham is to Groves (and, to some extent Manny Lawson is in that mold as well). Nothing wrong with speed, but not only does Graham has good enough speed but so many other ways to beat his opponent.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
This is a dumb thread.
Originally posted by 9erHIGH:
the new lamarr woodley is a much better comparison and i dont just mean cuz they both went to michigan:

build, motor and they both play the way sing wants. physical with an F.

Couldn't agree more. Groves and Graham is a bad comparison.
Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
This is a dumb thread.

your reply on the other hand is refreshingly enlightening
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't think Graham is the new Groves, Graham is a much better pass-rusher and run stopper than Groves.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Groves was considered a late first/early second, where Graham is looked as top 20.
[ Edited by mayo63 on Apr 18, 2010 at 4:27 PM ]
With the Seahawks likely to draft one of the top LT's, and the Rams drafting Smith last year to hold down that spot, it would be nice if the 9ers could get a premier pass rusher to keep their QB on his back.
Not even close. Groves got selected in the 2nd round while Graham is guaranteed to go in the top 20 this year.
  • lynwood49ers
  • Info N/A
where was graham before the senior bowl seriously...why was he not considered a 1st round draft pick before than...i seriously think he could end up being a bust...
Originally posted by lynwood49ers:
where was graham before the senior bowl seriously...why was he not considered a 1st round draft pick before than...i seriously think he could end up being a bust...

I'm not a big Graham fan; in fact I think the team would be foolish to draft an OLB in the first round, especially considering the depth of this class and the quality that can be found in the later rounds, but Graham has been on the radar for a while. He put up big numbers all season. Productivity has been there, it's his measurables that are questioned. Out of the top OLB prospects, Graham seems to me to be the safest bet. JPP is a physical freak with limited experience and little productivity, Sergio Kindle doesn't seem to have the instincts or the power to be a huge factor in pass rushing situations, and I don't believe Morgan has the quickness to make the transition. Graham has all of the intangibles and will probably be a poor man's Elvis Dumervil.
Originally posted by lynwood49ers:

Who said he wasn't?