There are 230 users in the forums

It Seems More and More Probable That Bulaga will fall to us

If he falls to 13, its a no-brainer that we take him. It is said that he has the 'highest floor' in the draft and can be an effective RT as a rookie.

Here's how things would have to go down for that to happen -- similar to Brian Baldinger's mock I saw yesterday on NFLN; the only real interesting picks are Berry at 5 and Spiller at 7...I don't think they're too far fetched because the Browns really need a playmaker and the Chiefs secondary is simply awful. The difference between this order and Baldy's is that I have Buffalo taking Clausen. The Raiders take Davis over Bulaga because Bulaga is so similar to Gallery.

Makes sense to me.

1 STL - QB Bradford
2 DET - DT Suh
3 TB - DR McCoy
4 WAS- OT Okung
5 KC - S Berry
6 SEA - OT Williams
7 CLE - RB CJ Spiller
8 OAK - OT Davis
9 BUF - QB Clausen
10 JAX - CB Haden
11 DEN - LB McClain
12 MIA - NT Williams
13 SF - OT Bulaga
14 SEA - WR Bryant
15 NYG - LB Witherspoon
16 TEN - DE Morgan
17 SF - S Thomas OR CB Wilson OR DE Graham
I see that is being very possible.

At 17...I hope that it would be a no-brainer that we would take Graham if he was available.
Originally posted by MrOrange:
I see that is being very possible.

At 17...I hope that it would be a no-brainer that we would take Graham if he was available.

Wilson and Thomas are better prospects -- it remains to be seen whether Graham can convert to OLB.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I would cream my pants if we ended up with Bulaga.
I don't think KC will draft an OT in the first. Pioli has come out and said he is set with Albert as his LT, and it doesn't make sense to draft a RT that early.

link

That being said, I think it drops one of the top tackles to us. The only spot that confuses me is at 9. If Clausen and Bulaga are there, I think they go QB
Originally posted by saniner:
I don't think KC will draft an OT in the first. Pioli has come out and said he is set with Albert as his LT, and it doesn't make sense to draft a RT that early.

link

That being said, I think it drops one of the top tackles to us. The only spot that confuses me is at 9. If Clausen and Bulaga are there, I think they go QB

I agree -- Baldinger made a very convincing argument why KC will help the secondary instead of the O-line.

I think Buffalo goes QB as well -- They're an 8-8 type team and won't be in the position to take a top QB next year...they also need to sell TIX.
Originally posted by mayo63:

Yep. Can't believe it but if it happened, I would cream Mayo's pants as well.
Sounds good to me. That would be a tremendous first round for the Niners. In regards to Graham, I think he would be a great fit at OLB. The same questions you raise about him being able to convert to OLB were raised about Lamar Woodley, his old teammate. That worked out pretty well for the Steelers and should not be an issue for the Niners and Graham either.
Originally posted by mayo63:

You seem to be doing that a lot lately...
Originally posted by nickbradley:
The Raiders take Davis over Bulaga because Bulaga is so similar to Gallery.

And if even the Raiders have enough intelligence not to make the same mistake twice, are you arguing that we should make it at least once?

Don't get me wrong. I think Bulaga might just turn out to be a serviceable RT, but I'd question selecting him at 13 or even 17 if there are better players available. That remains to be seen, of course.

I think Clausen goes to Cleveland....or St Louis if they trade at 7. With Clausen off the board, Buffalo deals Lynch for picks, and drafts Spiller.

It really depends again this year on what KC does. If no OT for them....we get Williams or Bulaga.
I think so too. There are 6 teams to worry about, Wash, KC, Sea, Cle, Oak, and Buff

Wash - takes Okung

KC -Pioli said this week that Albert is next year's starting LT. I highly doubt they draft a RT at #5, especially when they have an adequate RT on the roster (forgot his name). Pioli does not use smokescreens like most GMs do this time of year. My dark horse pick for them is McClain since it may be too early to go for a safety.

Sea - Its between T. Williams, Morgan, Spiller and possibly Clausen. Hopefully they go with Morgan, but will probably draft T. Williams.

Cle. - Berry, Haden, Bulaga, or Clausen. Got to go with Berry if available, if not Haden.

Oak - Athletic freak insert here. Probably Campbell or JPP or A. Davis.

Buff - Clausen or OT. They may go for T. Williams over Clausen if available, but I doubt Williams is there, so they get their QB and most 9er fans rejoice.

The great thing about Bulaga is he seems to be the most technically sound and should be able to step in day 1 with the starting unit.
Spiller to the browns? LOL okayyyy..

they love shifty clemson running backs i guess, they took James Davis last year, why on earth would they take spiller when they already have almost the same exact guy in Jerome Harrison and Davis..
[ Edited by MaliCali on Apr 17, 2010 at 1:04 PM ]
I don't know where you get that notion...most of the top analysts I've heard have him going in the top 10...and most likely the next OT off the board after Okung. However, I'd love it if he did fall...he's very solid and played in a pro-style offense for Coach Ferentz at Iowa. I'd love it if Baalke/Singletary followed that up with either Iupati or Pouncey to finish the OL upgrade in the 1st rd.
I want Bulaga bad, but from what many credible sources have been preaching, Buffalo won't even flinch if he's still on the board (as he's their number one OT on their draft board).
Share 49ersWebzone