There are 38 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ok, who do you want the 49ers to draft in the first?

  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,814
Hi MadDog, thanks for responding. Can I assume that Bulaga would be in category #1 for you?
Originally posted by fryet:
Let's break it into 4 categories:

1. Probably gone, but would grab them if they fell
2. I would be happy if the 49ers drafted these players
3. These would be ok picks
4. I hope the 49ers don't draft these guys

1. Berry, Williams
2. Davis, Iupati, Haden,Thomas
3. Mcclain, Mays
4. f**k CJ Spiller
Here are my thoughts on this years draft.....

1. Trade our #13 pick to the Steelers for QB Ben Rothlisberger
2. Trade our #17 pick to Seattle for LB Leroy Hill
3. Trade our 2nd round pick to Baltimore for WR Donte Stallworth
4. Use our 3rd round pick to acquire CB Pacman Jones
5. Coax retired WR/Sportscaster/Crack & Ho addict Michael Irvin to become our receivers coach
6. Add Deion Sanders to our coaching staff

These moves may not make our team any better, but it will improve the employment climate in the San Francisco Bay area by forcing the city to hire additional law enforcement agents.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,814
Originally posted by FnkyPhantom:
Here are my thoughts on this years draft.....

1. Trade our #13 pick to the Steelers for QB Ben Rothlisberger
2. Trade our #17 pick to Seattle for LB Leroy Hill
3. Trade our 2nd round pick to Baltimore for WR Donte Stallworth
4. Use our 3rd round pick to acquire CB Pacman Jones
5. Coax retired WR/Sportscaster/Crack & Ho addict Michael Irvin to become our receivers coach
6. Add Deion Sanders to our coaching staff

These moves may not make our team any better, but it will improve the employment climate in the San Francisco Bay area by forcing the city to hire additional law enforcement agents.

Technically, the more government employees you have, the worse the employment climate becomes.
#13 Spiller

#17 Williams, Davis or Campbell

#49 Mount Cody or Tebow if there
1. Probably gone, but would grab them if they fell

- S Eric Berry (gone in top 7, so ABSOLUTELY no way he is around - dream pick)
- OT Trent Williams (2nd best OT in my eyes)
- OT Brian Bulaga (not my favorite, but safe pick for RT)

2. I would be happy if the 49ers drafted these players

- CB Joe Haden (best CB in the draft and area of need)
- OT Anthony Davis (would love Trent Willliams, but Davis has ton a natural talent)
- RB C.J. Spiller (erases KR/PR problem; gives another dimension to offense)
- S Earl Thomas (arguably best center-field FS to come out in long time)

3. These would be ok picks

- NT Dan Williams (best NT; insurance if Franklin doesn't resign next year)
- LB Rolando McClain (not a need, but could be BPA situation)
- OLB Brandon Graham (rock solid prospect; solidifies pass rush)
- OLB / DE Derrick Morgan (see above; likely gone in top 12)
- OLB / DE Jason Pierre-Paul (monster talent; raw; could be gone)
- QB Jimmy Clausen (if he is there at 17 will be tough to pass up)
- WR Dez Bryant (raw, but brings KR/PR ability; good complement to Crabtree)

4. I hope the 49ers don't draft these guys

- OG Mike Iupati (don't touch anywhere before 25; good OG, but NOT an OT)
- OG Mike Iupati
- OG Mike Iupati
- S Taylor Mays (physically gifted, but not what the 49ers need)
- OLB Sergio Kindle (decent prospect, but not worth top 20 consideration)
- CB Kyle Wilson (see above; prefer Patrick Robinson, Devin McCourty, Kareem Jackson)
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,899
I would be okay with 2 of the following:

Ndamukong Suh
Gerald McCoy
Eric Berry
Russell Okung
Joe Haden
Rolando McClain
Anthony Davis
Trent Williams
Kyle Wilson
Brandon Graham
Sergio Kindle
Derrick Morgan
Dan Williams
Charles Brown
Jerry Hughes




No to:

Dez Bryant
CJ Spiller
Mike Iupati
Maurkice Pouncey
Earl Thomas
Taylor Mays
Bryan Bulaga
Bruce Campbell
Jason Pierre-Paul
Jared Odrick
1. Eric Berry, Bryan Bulaga, Trent Williams
2. Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, Earl Thomas
3. Anthony Davis, Sergio Kindle, CJ Spiller
4. Mays, JPP, Campbell
1. Berry and Bulaga/Williams
2. Thomas/Haden and Davis
3. Dan Williams and Spiller
4. Mays and JPP

Mays would be ok as a SS, but we really need a cover guy. JPP to me would be a prospect, and don't see him contributing right away.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by fryet:
Let's break it into 4 categories:

1. Probably gone, but would grab them if they fell
2. I would be happy if the 49ers drafted these players
3. These would be ok picks
4. I hope the 49ers don't draft these guys

1. Berry, Williams
2. Davis, Iupati, Haden,Thomas
3. Mcclain, Mays
4. f**k CJ Spiller



Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by fryet:
Let's break it into 4 categories:

1. Probably gone, but would grab them if they fell
2. I would be happy if the 49ers drafted these players
3. These would be ok picks
4. I hope the 49ers don't draft these guys

1. Berry, Williams
2. Davis, Iupati, Haden,Thomas
3. Mcclain, Mays
4. f**k CJ Spiller




  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 681
Plan A - 13...Joe Haden
17...Anthony Davis
49...John Jerry

Plan B - 13...Dan Williams
17...trade down and get Charles Brown and another 2nd
Trade both 2nd rounders to move up for Jahvid Best

Plan C - 13...Dez Bryant
17...CJ Spiller
49...Tim Tebow
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
C.J. Spiller...

This
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,482
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
#13 Spiller

#17 Williams, Davis or Campbell

#49 Mount Cody or Tebow if there

Id cry for weeks if we draft Spiller, Campbell, and Tebow..
We could pick up a player thatll contribute the same as Spiller in a different round.
Campbell is a project tackle
Tebow is a joke
  • fryet
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,814
Ok, after going through every one's posts (I ignored those that didn't list the 4 categories), here are the results:

Fans rejoicing without a single complaint:
Trent Williams
Eric Berry
Brian Bulaga
Russel Okung

Very happy fans with a few naysayers:
Joe Haden
Anthony Davis
CJ Spiller
Earl Thomas

Choice with Mixed Results:
Mike Iupati
Brandon Graham
Kyle Wilson
Dan Williams
Sergio Kindle
Roland McClain
Charles Brown

Upset Fans:
Jimmy Clausen
Jason Pierre-Paul
Bruce Campbell
Derrick Morgan
Dez Bryant

Fans will start to set fire to the 49er's building:
Taylor Mays
Tim Tebow
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home