There are 149 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What I will be rooting for come draft day

Ok since it is impossible to predict exactly what is going to happen with the 12 picks ahead of the niners I decided to break down the draft another way so I will know what to root for when the other teams are drafting ahead of the niners.

As I see it there are 5 players that are locks to be off the board when the niners are on the clock with the 13th pick. Those players are:
1. Bradford
2. Suh
3. McCoy
4. Okung
5. Berry

These are 5 players that I think have a realistic chance of still being on the board and I also think are worthy of being choosen when the niners are on the clock with the 13th pick: (In the order I rank them)

1. Trent Williams
2. Joe Haden
3. CJ Spiller
4. Anthony Davis
5. Bryan Bulaga

So in order to guarantee that we end up with atleast 1 of those 5 players I see as worthy of the 13th pick still on the borad. We would need atleast 3 other players drafted ahead of the niners that I didn't mention.

So when draft day comes I will be rooting that 3 other players such has Jimmy Clausen, Derrick Morgan, Dan Williams, JPP get chosen before the niners get on the clock. That way the niners are guaranteed to atleast have a chance to grab a player that I see worthy of the 13th pick.

What players do you see as worthy of the 13th pick that you think have a chance to still be around?
Spiller, Wilson, Brown, Bryant, Williams.

Hoping Williams falls because a Williams at 13 and Spiller at 17 draft, while a longshot, would be the best case scenerio IMO.
Dont think Williams or Bulaga will be there at 13
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'll be rooting for Oakland to take Campbell and Buffalo to take Clausen so one of the OT makes it to 13.
Originally posted by mayo63:
I'll be rooting for Oakland to take Campbell and Buffalo to take Clausen so one of the OT makes it to 13.

i'm kindda with you on this man. I know we NEED an OT, but who's to say any of these will be worth a s**t in the NFL? I'd rather get a free agent. Use the draft picks on firepower!
I want CJ Spiller. Get two needs in one player. Hes awesome. I do not think he will be there tho. Get your OL man with the next pick.
Root for Tebow at #10. It's not crazy. Jacksonville is bleeding millions and can't afford to wait until Round 2, losing Tebow somewhere along the way. If there are no good trade offers for the #10 pick, JAX will take Tebow. Book it.
i will be rooting for some team to let the clock run out and then the team behind them sneak in quickly and make thier pick like what happened between the chiefs and vikings few years ago
Originally posted by jimbagg:
Root for Tebow at #10. It's not crazy. Jacksonville is bleeding millions and can't afford to wait until Round 2, losing Tebow somewhere along the way. If there are no good trade offers for the #10 pick, JAX will take Tebow. Book it.

Hope your right!
Originally posted by mebemused:

Hope your right!

Same here.
I've heard a lot about Rolando McClain, Earl Thomas, and Dez Bryant going before we pick also.

Man I hope so.
Top five players beyond the "locks".

1. Trent Williams
2. Bryan Bulaga
3. Joe Haden
4. CJ Spiller
5. Earl Thomas
I think the Chiefs and Raiders (and Bills) are key.

The Chiefs should take Berry, the Bills should take Clausen, and the Raiders should do something crazy like take Campbell, Davis, or JPP. If those things happen, we could get Williams or Bulaga at 13.

I think the Skins and Seahawks are pretty much locks to take OTs (unless Pete really likes Charlie Brown and waits till 14).

Unfortuately, I think the Chiefs are going to take Bulaga because of Pioli's relationship with Ferentz. In this case, the three top tackles go at 4, 5, and 6.

If that happens, I'm hoping for Haden at 13 and Brown or Davis at 17.
I hope that something happens so one of Trent Williams or Bulaga falls to us