There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you draft Clausen?

Would you draft Clausen?

I just read that people are concerned about the Interview Clausen did for ESPNs John Gruden QB camp, Apparently he threw one his WR under the bus.

Mayock said this to Dan Patrick

- Mayock likes Jimmy Clausen, but he thinks his interview with Jon Gruden on ESPN may have hurt him. "I think he's a hard working guy who loves the game of football," Mayock said.

"But there are these nagging concerns about what kind of kid he is. He threw his wide receiver under his bus," Mayock said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/107861/index.html#ixzz0lqFJHllT
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
Originally posted by valrod33:
I just read that people are concerned about the Interview Clausen did for ESPNs John Gruden QB camp, Apparently he threw one his WR under the bus.

- Mayock likes Jimmy Clausen, but he thinks his interview with Jon Gruden on ESPN may have hurt him. "I think he's a hard working guy who loves the game of football," Mayock said.

"But there are these nagging concerns about what kind of kid he is. He threw his wide receiver under his bus," Mayock said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/107861/index.html#ixzz0lqFJHllT

Its all BS.

a Freshman WR ran the wrong route. What is he supposed to say, 'its my fault that the freshman ran the wrong route.'? This is just getting ridiculous.
Originally posted by nickbradley:

Its all BS.

a Freshman WR ran the wrong route. What is he supposed to say, 'its my fault that the freshman ran the wrong route.'? This is just getting ridiculous.

Jimmy Clausen to the 49ers would be BS

Its all BS.

Because Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard?

Its all BS.

Because Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard?

I dont even know what that means
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
and I will post one pic that over rides your two links

Looks like someone is ready for the Castro District...

Mas Puto....
  • JDog
  • Veteran
The more I review this guy the better I like him. If he falls to 17 I am warmed up to the idea of grabbing him, but as long as we take care of the line.

Its all BS.

Yea I agree that is pretty stupid of Mayock to say. How bout point out his bar fight or something if you want to bring up what type of kid he is. He didn't throw the guy under the bus he told the truth.
Originally posted by lamontb:

Its all BS.

Yea I agree that is pretty stupid of Mayock to say. How bout point out his bar fight or something if you want to bring up what type of kid he is. He didn't throw the guy under the bus he told the truth.

Even the Bar fight is something else. Somebody shoved Clausen's GF in a bar; Clausen shoved back, he got socked in the eye, and the altercation was broken up. What's the big deal? I woudl be more concerned if he didn't do anything to protect his GF.

Its all BS.

When asked in the same interview about why he took consecutive timeouts and still got a delay of game penalty, he said the play didn't get in on time from the sidelines. When asked what he should've done differently, he said he should've made a hand signal for them to hurry up ...

The guy obviously can't take responsibility for anything and lacks in maturity. I don't want him on my team.
Originally posted by Niners23:

Its all BS.

When asked in the same interview about why he took consecutive timeouts and still got a delay of game penalty, he said the play didn't get in on time from the sidelines. When asked what he should've done differently, he said he should've made a hand signal for them to hurry up ...

The guy obviously can't take responsibility for anything and lacks in maturity. I don't want him on my team.

Or he's just honest and that's what really hapened...

I forget who said it, but after this happened one of the analysts said that John Elway would've done the same exact thing if asked those same questions.

Im not saying Clausen is Elway, but saying your WR ran the wrong route is not throwing him under the bus. If the QB throws a pass across the middle that the WR alligator arms and the QB says the WR didn't try hard enough...that is throwing someone under the bus.
If this guy would be the #1 overall pick if it weren't for disinformation about him, and we have a chance to land him at 13 or 17, I don't see how we pass on him.

Seriously? You think there is a chance that all of the NFL scouts and GMs are going to pass on the best player in the draft because of "misinformation?"
Originally posted by Niners23:

Its all BS.

If that's whaty happened, whaty should he have said???
Originally posted by Gavintech:
If this guy would be the #1 overall pick if it weren't for disinformation about him, and we have a chance to land him at 13 or 17, I don't see how we pass on him.

Seriously? You think there is a chance that all of the NFL scouts and GMs are going to pass on the best player in the draft because of "misinformation?"

See: Aaron Rodgers
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home