There are 218 users in the forums

Trade Proposition

Excellent trade scenario, I'd be happy with that.
Stupid move, Jared Gaither isn't worth more than a 2nd round pick based on personal, and future injury issues. The only teams targeting this guy are no worse than us in front-office talent evaluations.

Baltimore is playing a smart power move by getting rid of a guy while they can before his problems further expose themselves before the 2011 off-season, where his trade value might be close to a 4th or 5th round pick.

Bringing this guy in would be like acquiring a younger Jonas Jennings... sure he'll have wonderful numbers... that will only last for 5 weeks a season.

Stop the bulls**t 49ers, you've needed a RT for years and you've never fixed it.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Stupid move, Jared Gaither isn't worth more than a 2nd round pick based on personal, and future injury issues. The only teams targeting this guy are no worse than us in front-office talent evaluations.

Baltimore is playing a smart power move by getting rid of a guy while they can before his problems further expose themselves before the 2011 off-season, where his trade value might be close to a 4th or 5th round pick.

Bringing this guy in would be like acquiring a younger Jonas Jennings... sure he'll have wonderful numbers... that will only last for 5 weeks a season.

Stop the bulls**t 49ers, you've needed a RT for years and you've never fixed it.

Gaither does not have a history of injuries he got injured last year in the Patriots game and had not missed a game before that for the last two years (his rookie year he did not play much not because of injury, and when he did play it ws due to someone elses injury). So I have no idea where u get this 5 weeks a season BS. Ove the last 2 seasons he has ONLY MISSED 5 games, which is less than Joe Staley. I don't see anyone saying Joe Staley is only going to play 5 games a year and isn't worth that huge contract we gave him. Gaithers is WAY better than Staley as Gaithers kept Micheal Oher, who had an awsome year, on the Right side until his injury. Don't get me wrong, I really like Staley, but I think Gaithers is better.

As well, you stated he is not worth more than a 2nd round pick, and our second rounder, pick #49, is worth 410 points on the Draft Value Chart. And diffrence between our pick (#13) and Baltimore's pick (#25) is...... 430 points. Therfore, moving down in the draft is equal to giving up our 2nd round draft pick. Personally, unless Trent Williams is there at 13 (which I doubt, but if he was, I'd Rather pick him) I do not like any of the prospects. I am not that high on CJ Spiller, Jason Pierre-Paul, Joe Haden or Anthony Davis. So by moving down to 25 (where I think there is great value in this draft), we can pick up player that I think will be better AND we pick up a proven Offensive Tackle. At 25 we could pick up Jerry Hughes, Mike Iupati, Maurkice Pouncey, Sergio Kindle. And then at 17 we can pick a DB like Kyle Wilson (who I like ALOT more than Joe Haden) or Earl Thomas.

Anyway, what I hope the most for is that Trent Williams Falls to 13, and at 17 we pick Kyle Wilson, and in the 2nd we pick Reshad Jones, 3rd round we get Jon Asamoah, 4th round we get Brandon Spikes, and 5th Round we get Blair White. Unfortunately, Trent Williams will not be there, so I think the trade with Baltimoe is the next best option.
great job on the trade scenario, only question is, it takes 2 to tango, if baltimore doesnt want anyone at 13 then the deal doesnt happen, but it makes sense on the surface i will give u that
Originally posted by crabman82:
great job on the trade scenario, only question is, it takes 2 to tango, if baltimore doesnt want anyone at 13 then the deal doesnt happen, but it makes sense on the surface i will give u that

Baltimore's biggest nedd WAS reciever, but now with Boldin they will look at the Defensive side of the ball. On D they need a DE/DT as well as CBs. Joe Haden would be perfect on their team as well as Big Dan Williams. They like huge DE like Ngata (who is a similair weigth and size as Williams). Either one would greatly improve their D, but I think corner is a greater need. Plus one of Lammar Houston, Cam Thomas, Linval Joseph and Tyson Alualu will fall to them in round 2 to fill the need at DE. I do not know for fact if Baltimore is looking at Haden, but I know they like athletic corners who can make plays on the ball as well as being physical in the run game (just like Haden)
I like it, but the issue is whether the... rumors? are true about Gaither's laziness or lack of interest in the game. If all of this is false, then I think it's a great idea, if they would go for it. I'd go:

#17 - Earl Thomas
#25 - Jahvid Best

#49 - Devin McCourty/Dominique Franks
#79 - Jon Asamoah/Mike Johnson
Share 49ersWebzone