There are 230 users in the forums

Trade Proposition

I have seen many people propose trading our 2nd rond pick (#49) to the Ravens for Jared Gaither. On the trade value chart, #49 is worth 410 points. As well, the diffrence between our first pick (#13) and the Ravens Pick (#25) is 430. If Trent williams is gone, I think we should trade with Baltimore #13 for #25 and Jared Gaither. I don't like Joe Haden, but Baltimore need CB help in a bad way and can use Gaither as leverage to move up to get Haden. Meanwhile, we get a proven OT and still get two first round picks and also keep our second rounder. With the rest of our early picks we take:
#17 Earl Thomas or Kyle Wilson
#25 Mike Iupati or Jerry Hughes
#49 Dominique Franks or Reshad Jones
#81 Koa Misi or Jon Asamoah
#113 Brandon Spikes
#145 Blair White
depending on who is available/taken. Either way we get a CB, OG, OLB, and S.
I personally perfer the second (Wilson, Hughes, Jones and Asamoah) but I know alot of people on the board really like Thomas and Iupati. I personally think Wilson is the best corner in the draft (I think haden is a bust, watch some tape and you can see he makes alot of plays on the ball, but is beat deep and caught out of position far too often) and that Reshad Jones is the second best all around Saftey(Thomas is too short and not strong enough to play SS but is a great ball hawk) Eric Berry is the best all around as he can play the run, the pass and some nickel corner. Jones has the ballhawking ability to play SS, can lay the wood and has the power to play SS and has can play in the box or play centerfielder. As well, you get the pass rush ability of Hughes and you add Asamoah to strengthen the O-line. After this move, our team looks like this:

QB Smith
RB Gore
O-line- Gaither is a better pass blocker, so Staley moves to the right side
Gaither/Asamoah/Heitmann/Rachal/Staley/V. Davis
Recievers
Crabtree/Morgan/White

D-line
Smith/Franklin/Sopoaga
Linebackers- Hughes becomes the new rush linebacker
Hughes/Willis/T. Spikes/Lawson
D-backs- Wilson takes over the second corner position and Jones becomes the SS
Spencer/Wilson/Goldon/Jones
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
That would be a sweet trade to pull off
That trade makes sense. Keep both our 1st round picks and our 2nd round pick and we also net Jared G.

I would much rather keep all of our picks and gain Jared G. rather then give up our 2nd for the OT. I think the trade would be worth going down from 13 to 25 in the first round, knowing that we gained a starting OT and still have all of our picks. Based off of this trade, we could potentially get 4 impact players(Jared, 2 #1's and our 2nd)

Great idea
that would be ideal but i don't think the ravens would go for it unless we threw in a third or fourth with our switching 1st round picks.

I think we should go the other way giving our 13th pick and a 3rd or 4th to move up a few spots to get a top 3 OT and at 17 we get Thomas, Spiller, or Iutapi
Nice trade option, cause it eliminates reaching for tackles in the first round.
I'm all for it.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
I'm all for it.
This is a great idea and nice think out of the box. I don't think Baltimore would go for this but i like the idea. i really like Jon Asamoah or Maurkice Pouncey I hope they can get one of the two.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Gaither, Iupati and Jahvid Best
I don't think there is much chance of it happening, since the Ravens have options at CB a little later in the draft and that's a lot to give up for moving up a few slots.

However, if they really aren't getting any action on Gaither (unlikely) and/or are enamored with Haden or another player at 13 (possible), I'd do it in a hot second.

Frankly though, I think there is more of a chance that they hold on to Gaither a bit longer and end up settling on a late second rounder or early 3rd rounder for him if they don't get something better.

In kind of a similar idea, I'd gladly give up next year's second rounder for him if someone doesn't fall to us at 13, so that we don't have to reach in the first round and can go BPA all the way with the first three picks.

This would be excellent
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
I don't think there is much chance of it happening, since the Ravens have options at CB a little later in the draft and that's a lot to give up for moving up a few slots.

However, if they really aren't getting any action on Gaither (unlikely) and/or are enamored with Haden or another player at 13 (possible), I'd do it in a hot second.

Frankly though, I think there is more of a chance that they hold on to Gaither a bit longer and end up settling on a late second rounder or early 3rd rounder for him if they don't get something better.

In kind of a similar idea, I'd gladly give up next year's second rounder for him if someone doesn't fall to us at 13, so that we don't have to reach in the first round and can go BPA all the way with the first three picks.

2011 2nd round and 2010 4th I would do it for.
That would help our football team a lot, wonder if the Ravens would pull the trigger on that one
Originally posted by TexasNiner:

At 25 the ravens, Haden and Kyle Wilson will be gone and their best option would be Jared Odrick and to look for a CB in the second. Now that they move up to 13, they can take Haden and Lamarr Houston or Tyson Alualu in the second to play DE.

And trust me they, desperatly need a CB. Their current starters are Domonique Foxworth and Chris Carr. I mean who the hell is CHRIS CARR?

As well Ozzie Newsome is one of the best GMs in the league, and he understands that Gaither will want to get paid next year. Knowing this, he dumps him now in order to get as much value as possible while focusing on improving his aging Defense (Ngata, Ray, Ed Reed and Suggs are the only permanente starters, the rest are old or garbage). As well, if haden IS gone the Ravens could pick Rolando McClain to be the eventual Sucsessor to Ray, Dan Williams to play across from Ngata or at NT (ravens like huge DEs and just imagine Ngata and Big Dan, they would take up 4 offensive line men and allow Suggs to run wild). Anyway, the Ravens would jump on the chance to get the concensus best CB in the draft and be able to draft a DL in round 2, TE round 3 and a Kicker somewhere in the 6th or 7th.
This is the best trade scenario That we possibly could do!
Share 49ersWebzone