LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 417 users in the forums

PTulini's Mock Draft- Version 2 (04/06/10)

I tried to go for value more than anything in my latest mock. I believe the top three OTs will be gone by the time our first pick comes around. I don't expect everyone to like this mock, but I tried to put a lot of effort into it. I hope you appreciate it!

Round 1 # 13 - CB Joe Haden - Florida
5-10 3/4, 193 lbs.

Round 1 # 17 - S Earl Thomas - Texas
5-10 1/4, 208 lbs.

Round 2 # 49 - OT Selvish Capers - West Virginia
6-4 1/8, 308 lbs.

Round 3 # 79 - WR Jordan Shipley - Texas
5-11 1/4, 193 lbs.

Round 4 # 113 - OT Tony Washington - Abilene Christian
6-6 1/8, 311 lbs.

Round 5 # 145 - DT Torrell Troup - Central Florida
6-2 3/4, 314 lbs.

Round 6 # 182 - DE/OLB Adrian Tracy - William & Mary
6-2 5/8, 248 lbs.

Round 6 # 206 - WR/RS Brandon Banks - Kansas St.
5-7, 150 lbs.

Round 7 # 224 - RB Deji Karim - Southern Illinois
5-11, 205 lbs.

49ers Free Agents Signed: OG Chester Pitts, QB David Carr

[ Edited by PTulini on Apr 5, 2010 at 21:20:05 ]
I'm not a Capers fan that high. I think there are other options for second tier OT there.

Other than that I like it. I would prefer not to go all DB first round but you can't argue with the talent available.
My initial reaction was a NO to taking two d-backs in the first round, but after second thought, it is possible that no quality OT's are available to us at 13 or 17, so if that is the case I wouldn't mind this happening. It would definately solidify our defense.
Depends who is on the board at 17 if I would take Thomas. If Graham or Davis were still on the board I would take them over Thomas. But I wouldn't be mad at Thomas. That seems way to high for Capers. And I don't understand why you didn't select any guards in the draft. You think Chilo and Baas don't need to be replaced or at the very least pushed. And I would rather draft a guard or an pass rusher in the 3rd round that Shipley.

[ Edited by lamontb on Apr 6, 2010 at 07:58:58 ]
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Don't want.

Not earl thomas @ 17 and capers sucks.
i like it but i think we need a better OT if all the OT were gone and with that first roundi woundt mind trading both a 2nd and maybe a 4th for gaither
I dont want Shipley just because he is so damn old already he is gonna retire like 2 years after we draft him
I like the Earl Thomas, Jordan Shipley, and Torell Troup picks, but not a fan of the rest.
For the life of me, I cannot understand this board's fascination with Brandon Banks, a receiver who did things in college that he's just not going to be able to do in the NFL.

He's an injury just waiting to happen. Folks, stay as far away from the guy as possible.

Pat, you tend to do a good job on these, but any mock containing Banks -- a 149 pound player with character concerns (arrested for assault and battery and unlawful possession of a stimulant) just doesn't work for me.

I don't see him getting drafted, or making an NFL roster for that matter.

Trying not to be too critical here but, I'm not a fan of Thomas or Capers that high. I think it's highly unlikely that Troup falls that far. He's an outstanding NT prospect that should go within the first four rounds.

I like the Deji Karim pick.

I like our two first round picks with haden and thomas we can either use thomas to cover the slot and bring in another free safety or leave him at safety and bring in another cb either way he will be all over the field because of his versatility some experts say thomas can even be a true cb I like the pick cuz he's versatile I know yall disagree lol just giving my opinion
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
For the life of me, I cannot understand this board's fascination with Brandon Banks, a receiver who did things in college that he's just not going to be able to do in the NFL.

He's an injury just waiting to happen. Folks, stay as far away from the guy as possible.

Pat, you tend to do a good job on these, but any mock containing Banks -- a 149 pound player with character concerns (arrested for assault and battery and unlawful possession of a stimulant) just doesn't work for me.

I don't see him getting drafted, or making an NFL roster for that matter.

Trying not to be too critical here but, I'm not a fan of Thomas or Capers that high. I think it's highly unlikely that Troup falls that far. He's an outstanding NT prospect that should go within the first four rounds.

I like the Deji Karim pick.

OTC:
When will you give us your niners draft?
I like your first two picks, and I like the way you address all the team's needs throughout your mock. It shows alot of effort on your part. Good job.

I won't pretend to know or recognize all the guys you list, though, after the first couple. Nor do I have any insights as to their prospects as NFL players. OTC's points about Banks make alot of sense, though.
Can't count on Chester Pitts. I'd look for a different OT and think we need to look at an OG like John Jerry.
Selvish Capers is #99 on MadDog's Spring Break Big Board. Vladimir Ducasse is 46 and Jared Veldheer is 67.
Share 49ersWebzone