LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 324 users in the forums

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #3

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #3

Who do you want to be #3 on the 49ers big board? In other words, if the 49ers were choosing #3, and these players were already taken, who would you want them to choose? (If you want to vote for a player that doesn't appear in the poll, just write them in a post and I will put them in the poll.) The final count for the poll will be taken tonight at 12:00 PST.

Players already taken:
DT Ndamukong Suh
OT Russell Okung
IMo its ewric berry but wouldne be surprised if its mccoy
Taking need into consideration, Berry should be the pick. McCoy, although talented; does not fit a 3-4 defense. Or so I hear other posters/draft experts say.
To me, Berry has to be the next player on our big board. He fills a big need for us in the secondary and is possibly one of the most talented players in the entire draft. Unfortunately, he is also one of the least likely players to fall to the niners at #13.
Berry. I would love to see him in a niner uni. To bad it wont happen.
For the record I voted Okung to be number one. But if Suh got voted number one, how could McCoy not be right behind him? I know Suh fits our scheme a little better, but they are so close. I think they are consecutive on every board in the NFL. I just am curious to know what the people who voted for Suh as #1 and not McCoy #2 are thinking.
How the hell do people have Okung over McCoy and Berry?

Okung is the best tackle in this class and he'll be pretty good but the guy isn't a top prospect at his position when compared to even recent years.

Suh, McCoy and Berry are some of the best at their position in a long while.
Originally posted by genus49:

Okung is the best tackle in this class and he'll be pretty good but the guy isn't a top prospect at his position when compared to even recent years.

Agreed on Berry. The problem with McCoy on a 49er depth chart is, that he will be a 3-4 DE , a position that is not valued very high. (Except for the chiefs last year). Additionally, the DE position is quite crowded on the 49er roster.
Originally posted by stever:

Agreed on Berry. The problem with McCoy on a 49er depth chart is, that he will be a 3-4 DE , a position that is not valued very high. (Except for the chiefs last year). Additionally, the DE position is quite crowded on the 49er roster.

Wouldn't Suh play 3-4 DE as well? I voted Berry #1 just for the record. I can see how people could vote for Okung over Berry though because of positional value, but not either of the two DT's. But that is why this is a colloaborative big board, because my opinion might be wrong.
Originally posted by Superbowl09:

Wouldn't Suh play 3-4 DE as well? I voted Berry #1 just for the record. I can see how people could vote for Okung over Berry though because of positional value, but not either of the two DT's. But that is why this is a colloaborative big board, because my opinion might be wrong.

No, Suh would fit in as a NT. He is a guy with extreme strength and could fit in perfectly as the same type of NT Franklin is.

Berry for #3 on our board, McCoy is the BPA but not in our system....
Originally posted by irishluder:
Berry for #3 on our board, McCoy is the BPA but not in our system....

I admit i didn't read the instructions ...but I thought we were doing a talent board, not strictly for the 49ers.

If that's the case then I retract my previous statment as the need for OT obviously trumps what McCoy brings to the table or what Berry does.
Share 49ersWebzone