LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 299 users in the forums

How Does The McNabb Trade affect us, + and -

• LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
i read the article about how this can potentially lead to the skins taking an OT which doesnt help us but i want to know if there are ways that this move actually helps us..if it helps us any at all. Any theories?
It doesn't. At all.

It was never a given that the Skins would take Clausen and I would expect them to take Okung either way.
What if the Lions take Okung
I REALLY think the Niners have their hopes that either Bulaga or Trent Williams slide to #13. It's now looking like that will not happen. I think it's doubtful that the Niners roll the dice on either Campbell or Davis with either #13 or #17.

Now thinking our #13 will be either Earl Thomas or Joe Haden with serious interest in Iupati at #17. We'll then draft our RT in the second round.
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by teeohh:

see what i mean??it changes the draft somewhat
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for Overkill.
Okung might not have made it to 4, either.

If Detroit takes Okung, than the 3 top tackles could all go in the top 5 picks. If that happens, it will affect us. Potentially good news if you were against taking an OT in the first. Potentially bad news if you are hoping we find our RT in the first.
It may not make a difference in the grand scheme of things. With Okung and most likely Berry gone, Seattle may elect to take Spiller rather than the #2 OT, and just take whatever OT falls to 14. The Bills now may be looking at Clausen at #9, which may be too much for them to pass up.
Hopefully, Buffalo takes Clausen. Then we're back to square one.
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Hopefully, Buffalo takes Clausen. Then we're back to square one.

Hopefully the SeaChickens take Clausen. That is the only good thing that can come out of that trade. If Wash takes an OT that Sea. may have taken before Clausen is available, than there is no difference in OTs selected. Plus STL and Sea taking a huge gamble in QBs in the top ten.
It may not affect us all. There is still a chance that a team trades up into the top 10 to get Jimmy Clausen, just like what the jets did last year. If one of those teams happens to be KC, Wash, Sea, or Oak then that will cancel out the Wash trade.

Barring a trade, Clausen now falls to at least #6 (Seattle), after that #7 (Cleveland), #8 (Raiders) and #9 (Buffalo) all could pick him.

All of these teams except Cleveland would likely be looking for an OT. As long as one of them drafts Clausen it shouldn't really impact us all that much.

I just hope the Raiders do something wierd and irrational like draft a DE. That would improve our chances of getting the OT we need.

If I were the Lions GM that is who I would take.

That is the biggest concern I have. it's not at all improbable that they take him, that would start the run on OTs right away and hurt our chances landing an OT.
The more OT's get taken early, the more skill players drop into our lap...we're in great shape either way.
I wonder if trading up at least becomes more of a possibility.

Share 49ersWebzone