There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Realistic Tackle Options

Realistic Tackle Options

Saffold in the 2nd is not realistic.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/16303/following-up-on-the-offensive-tackles

Here is an article by Sando on the strengths and weaknesses of the top OTs in the draft.
The one player I do not want us to get is Young from Notre Dame. The guy should
get a job where he checks people at the turnstyle.
Realistically, I think that all 4 top OTs will be gone by #10. Therefore, you go BPA at position of need.

Now here's a question. Are T. Williams, B. Bulaga and A. Davis worth jumping up for? We would have to jump all the way to #4 or #5 as Seattle would take one at #6. Dang man, Detroit could screw with our ability to move up because then #4-6 all need LOTs badly. Heck, all four OTs could go by #6!

Therefore, we would have to squeeze in at #4 or #5 to get one of the tackles. That will be very difficult and expensive to do. If Detroit goes Suh instead, then we may be able to grab the last of the four at #7 with Cleveland.

Our #13 and # 49 for their #7 and #103? Still seems to rich in this talented draft and most likely we would be trying to land A. Davis.

Hmmmm....would you want to trade up for A. Davis?

I wouldn't.

I would love to grab Spiller at #13, Graham at #17, Saffold/Veldheer at #49 or Jerry/Calloway/Fox in the third.

In most other drafts, it would seem like a very good idea to move up. Not in this one though.

JMTC...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Realistically, I think that all 4 top OTs will be gone by #10. Therefore, you go BPA at position of need.

Now here's a question. Are T. Williams, B. Bulaga and A. Davis worth jumping up for? We would have to jump all the way to #4 or #5 as Seattle would take one at #6. Dang man, Detroit could screw with our ability to move up because then #4-6 all need LOTs badly. Heck, all four OTs could go by #6!

Therefore, we would have to squeeze in at #4 or #5 to get one of the tackles. That will be very difficult and expensive to do. If Detroit goes Suh instead, then we may be able to grab the last of the four at #7 with Cleveland.

Our #13 and # 49 for their #7 and #103? Still seems to rich in this talented draft and most likely we would be trying to land A. Davis.

Hmmmm....would you want to trade up for A. Davis?

I wouldn't.

I would love to grab Spiller at #13, Graham at #17, Saffold/Veldheer at #49 or Jerry/Calloway/Fox in the third.

In most other drafts, it would seem like a very good idea to move up. Not in this one though.

JMTC...

You and I think alike, Spiller at 13, graham at 17, but I would trade the second and third round pick to trade up and grab Charles Brown from USC, or trade the 2nd and 4th to trade up in the second to make sure you secure Saffold or Velheer, your OL of choice.
Detroit will probaly take a def. tackle now that they have traded for a guard. I believe this move shows they have faith in Backus as there tackle of the future.