LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Sergio Kindle

Originally posted by LA_NINERS:
Watched a lot of Michigan games last season, and everytime I saw Brandon Graham he seemed to always get a tackle for loss.

Dude is a beast.

Graham is the little engine that could. He's not anything "sexy" in terms of pass rushing. He's not overly quick and he doesn't have ideal OLB size but the guy just gets it done. You can do a lot worse than have a team full of guys like him.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I have no idea why this isn't one of the guys the zone is obsessed with like Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes. Kindle is probably the most natural fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker and he is the best athlete out of all the projected 3-4 LB's. Before last year Texas players were considered soft but Brian Orakpo debunked that stereotype. I would prefer us taking Kindle over all the potential 3-4 LB's except Derrick Morgan.

Morgan cant play the 3-4/
he's long and has elite pass rush ability. at the combine he showed he has the athleticism to drop into coverage but if we picked him he would rush 95% of the time. dropping him into coverage would just be a smoke screen

How long do you think before the other team figured out this smoke screen?
do you really think the cowboys drop demarcus ware into coverage the 1 in every 100 plays because he is good at it? do you think shawn merriman is the darrel revis of linebackers because he doesn't rush every single play (but he rushes pretty close to every single play)? no. they drop to give the offense a different look.

Those guys may not excel at those things but they don't just do it as a smoke screen. Perhaps it's your wording but drafting a guy who doesn't fit your team isn't smart. Morgan is much better suited as a 4-3 DE. Would he be a liability as a 3-4 OLB...I don't know. But I'd rather take a guy who would easier transition to that role.
which gets back to the original purpose of the post: KINDLE

[ Edited by Draftology on Apr 4, 2010 at 17:03:40 ]
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I have no idea why this isn't one of the guys the zone is obsessed with like Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes. Kindle is probably the most natural fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker and he is the best athlete out of all the projected 3-4 LB's. Before last year Texas players were considered soft but Brian Orakpo debunked that stereotype. I would prefer us taking Kindle over all the potential 3-4 LB's except Derrick Morgan.

Morgan cant play the 3-4/
he's long and has elite pass rush ability. at the combine he showed he has the athleticism to drop into coverage but if we picked him he would rush 95% of the time. dropping him into coverage would just be a smoke screen

How long do you think before the other team figured out this smoke screen?
do you really think the cowboys drop demarcus ware into coverage the 1 in every 100 plays because he is good at it? do you think shawn merriman is the darrel revis of linebackers because he doesn't rush every single play (but he rushes pretty close to every single play)? no. they drop to give the offense a different look.

Those guys may not excel at those things but they don't just do it as a smoke screen. Perhaps it's your wording but drafting a guy who doesn't fit your team isn't smart. Morgan is much better suited as a 4-3 DE. Would he be a liability as a 3-4 OLB...I don't know. But I'd rather take a guy who would easier transition to that role.

Dude, pass rushers are pass rushers. James Harrison is horrible in pass coverage, but not rushing him confused Warner in the Super Bowl and led to that pick 6. Merriman is also pretty bad in coverage. I think Ware is ok.
I have not heard his name mentioned much with the 49ers but Sergio Kindle is a guy I think the 49ers could very well take, esspecially if they take an OT at 13 and go best player available at 17. I would prefer Brandon Graham but I like Kindle and im sure the 49ers would see more upside in him than Graham plus he has had a rough, turbulent childhood and im sure Sing would love to be a mentor to him. Plus with Manny Lawson scheduled to be an UFA after the season and the team showing not much interest in re-signing him, Kindle could be the perfect replacement for Lawson in 2011 as he projects as a very athletic 3-4 OLB who can cover and run sideline to sideline plus he should be an upgrade as a pass rusher over Lawson.

Im just saying, keep in mind that Kindle could be a 49er, though like I said I would prefer Brandon Graham but I have a feeling Kindle is higher on the 49ers draft board than him.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
I have not heard his name mentioned much with the 49ers but Sergio Kindle is a guy I think the 49ers could very well take, esspecially if they take an OT at 13 and go best player available at 17. I would prefer Brandon Graham but I like Kindle and im sure the 49ers would see more upside in him than Graham plus he has had a rough, turbulent childhood and im sure Sing would love to be a mentor to him. Plus with Manny Lawson scheduled to be an UFA after the season and the team showing not much interest in re-signing him, Kindle could be the perfect replacement for Lawson in 2011 as he projects as a very athletic 3-4 OLB who can cover and run sideline to sideline plus he should be an upgrade as a pass rusher over Lawson.

Im just saying, keep in mind that Kindle could be a 49er, though like I said I would prefer Brandon Graham but I have a feeling Kindle is higher on the 49ers draft board than him.

Nobody cares about his childhood. We just want to win. Spend #17 on an OLB, are you out of your mind?

[ Edited by TeambyTheBay on Apr 4, 2010 at 19:21:00 ]
  • LA49erFan4ever
  • Info N/A
id rather draft a DB if thats the case..
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

Nobody cares about his childson. We just want to win. Spend #17 on an OLB, are you out of your mind?

OLB is not a great need but I don't think were set in stone at OLB. Brooks is still unproven, Haralson is solid but more of a backup and Lawson is good at everything but rushing the passer and will be an UFA after the season.
Originally posted by LA49erFan4ever:

I think we take Haden at 13 and go OT for best player available at 17.
Originally posted by LA49erFan4ever:

I think we take Haden at 13 and go OT for best player available at 17.

Draft a T, G, and Jahvid Best and call it a day. We would lock up the NFC West for the next 5 years.

I like it, especially since there wont be any OTs worth taking at 13 with 7 of the top 10 picks having a need for an offensive tackle and the Redskins fortifying their need with the aquisition of McNabb.

Sleeper pick? You need to review the definition of a sleeper. Kindle is a well known prospect from a major program. It may be a surprise pick, but he's no sleeper.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
We already have the real Manny Lawson on this team. The guy being comprared to Manny Lawson should not be drafted by us.

Graham is being compared to Lamar Woodley so whom would you rather have another Manny Lawson or a Lamar Woodley clone?
I like Kindle, but Graham and Hughes seem to be more consistent players throughout the game. You see Graham on every play trying to get to the ball carrier. That's what I would want. Kindle tends to disappear.
I almost stepped on the back of Kindle's foot by accident once. I bet he would have smashed my face. He was huge.
Probably the fact that he likes to grab a bottle in one hand and the steering wheel in the other.

Kindle is a good player but I prefer Graham or Hughes who imo are better pass rushers and better teammates.

LMAO
Share 49ersWebzone