There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Sergio Kindle

I have no idea why this isn't one of the guys the zone is obsessed with like Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes. Kindle is probably the most natural fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker and he is the best athlete out of all the projected 3-4 LB's. Before last year Texas players were considered soft but Brian Orakpo debunked that stereotype. I would prefer us taking Kindle over all the potential 3-4 LB's except Derrick Morgan.
Probably the fact that he likes to grab a bottle in one hand and the steering wheel in the other.

Kindle is a good player but I prefer Graham or Hughes who imo are better pass rushers and better teammates.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
He is one of the guys that could go 15 or 40. He and Jerry Hughes are both intriguing, particularly because they both can rush the passer and I have no idea where they are going to end up in the draft.
Because our LB core is strong enough that we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on one. We have Willis, Spikes, Haralson, Brooks, Lawson, and company.

Our pressing needs are obviously Offensive Linemen and secondary. Pass rushing LBs can be found in later rounds.

Joe Haden and Iupati in the first round pls!

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Apr 4, 2010 at 13:49:35 ]
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Because our LB core is strong enough that we don't need to spend a 1st round pick on one. We have Willis, Spikes, Haralson, Brooks, Lawson, and company.

Our pressing needs are obviously Offensive Linemen and secondary. Pass rushing LBs can be found in later rounds.

I'm not saying we should pick him. I'm saying I'd rather have him than Graham and Hughes
Originally posted by Draftology:

I'm not saying we should pick him. I'm saying I'd rather have him than Graham and Hughes

Cool.
I have no idea why this isn't one of the guys the zone is obsessed with like Brandon Graham and Jerry Hughes. Kindle is probably the most natural fit as a 3-4 outside linebacker and he is the best athlete out of all the projected 3-4 LB's. Before last year Texas players were considered soft but Brian Orakpo debunked that stereotype. I would prefer us taking Kindle over all the potential 3-4 LB's except Derrick Morgan.

Morgan cant play the 3-4/
Originally posted by nickbradley:

he's long and has elite pass rush ability. at the combine he showed he has the athleticism to drop into coverage but if we picked him he would rush 95% of the time. dropping him into coverage would just be a smoke screen

I disagree. It may not be a necessity like it really has been in previous years but our pass rush is still smoke and mirrors. Haralson and Lawson aren't that great at getting a pass rush and Brooks is still unproven despite showing potential. Let's not forget Haralson got a nice contract for showing flashes as well...only to come back down to earth when given a chance to start.

Lawson is also a free agent after this season and could be gone. If the front office thinks BPA is at OLB/DE I'd be thrilled to see them go that route.

he's long and has elite pass rush ability. at the combine he showed he has the athleticism to drop into coverage but if we picked him he would rush 95% of the time. dropping him into coverage would just be a smoke screen

How long do you think before the other team figured out this smoke screen?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dCZIgMXWo
Okung
Bulaga
Berry
T.Williams
Haden
Kindle
Thomas
Spiller

Id be happy with any combination of these players in the first
Originally posted by genus49:

do you really think the cowboys drop demarcus ware into coverage the 1 in every 100 plays because he is good at it? do you think shawn merriman is the darrel revis of linebackers because he doesn't rush every single play (but he rushes pretty close to every single play)? no. they drop to give the offense a different look.
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
Watched a lot of Michigan games last season, and everytime I saw Brandon Graham he seemed to always get a tackle for loss.

Dude is a beast.
Originally posted by genus49:

do you really think the cowboys drop demarcus ware into coverage the 1 in every 100 plays because he is good at it? do you think shawn merriman is the darrel revis of linebackers because he doesn't rush every single play (but he rushes pretty close to every single play)? no. they drop to give the offense a different look.

Those guys may not excel at those things but they don't just do it as a smoke screen. Perhaps it's your wording but drafting a guy who doesn't fit your team isn't smart. Morgan is much better suited as a 4-3 DE. Would he be a liability as a 3-4 OLB...I don't know. But I'd rather take a guy who would easier transition to that role.