There are 244 users in the forums

Cowboys May Move Up In Draft To Pick 12

The Cowboys could be moving up to snag somebody from our grasp, mainly an offensive tackle.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=471712

Your thoughts...
The article mentions them taking a safety or wr there. two positions we're not taking there. No mention of oline.

Also, this isn't happening. Marion Barber for the 12th pick? This is a joke.
but they have Ronnie Brown and Sticky Ricky
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
The article mentions them taking a safety or wr there. two positions we're not taking there. No mention of oline.

Also, this isn't happening. Marion Barber for the 12th pick? This is a joke.

Read the whole article...

The Cowboys rarely move up in the draft, but since the release of safety Ken Hamlin and offensive lineman Flozell Adams, this might be the year Jerry Jones considers a trip up north in the 2010 draft.
I am no Cowboys expert but isn't that what Doug Free was for?
If they're moving up to nab Dez Bryant, then I hope it happens. That is all.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

Doug Free for them is like Adam Snyder for us - swing OL player but shouldn't be a full-time starter.

They could obtain a blue chip prospect at #12.
I believe the trade would include swapping Dallas' 27th pick for the Dolphin's 12th pick along with Barber. They could take a safety or a receiver sure, point is the Cowboys want to move up in front of us because they want somebody they think we would take. If one of the last of the four top tackles is still available at 12, I think that's the pick. This would throw a wrench right into our drafting strategy. My question is how does the 49er's three-headed GM handle it?

[ Edited by vermonator on Apr 4, 2010 at 09:38:23 ]
Originally posted by GEEK:

Doug Free for them is like Adam Snyder for us - swing OL player but shouldn't be a full-time starter.

The guys on NFL countdown yesterday were talk about him being the starter, Mark Schlereth(sp?) was saying he liked him on that edge. From the way people talk about him i dont think Snyder at all...
If they want a tackle, then we could get Brandon Graham!

I really hope we get one of the top 4 guys fall to us at #13 but I don't want us trading up. Unfortunately everyone knows we want RT...so it's a big gamble that someone doesn't trade up in front of us but we can't panic and move up thinking someone will jump in front of us.

Stay put and take the best player available, hopefully one will be available that also addresses a need.

If we get royally f*cked and everyone is gone then we should strongly consider trading down.
Originally posted by al49erfan:

The guys on NFL countdown yesterday were talk about him being the starter, Mark Schlereth(sp?) was saying he liked him on that edge. From the way people talk about him i dont think Snyder at all...

I believe the Dallas FO is high on Free as well. IMO they might want to upgrade the LT spot so Free can play RT over Columbo, whom i hear they wouldn't mind upgrading from.

IMO though i think they are targeting Earl Thomas. They need a ballhawking safety and Thomas fits the bill. Many teams after 12 are in need of a FS as well. The 49ers and Seahawks(if Berry is unavailable at 6) are just a few examples of teams in the teens that could look to draft Thomas.
i think theyre gonna move up for a LT (anthony davis or brian bulaga)
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

I believe the Dallas FO is high on Free as well. IMO they might want to upgrade the LT spot so Free can play RT over Columbo, whom i hear they wouldn't mind upgrading from.

IMO though i think they are targeting Earl Thomas. They need a ballhawking safety and Thomas fits the bill. Many teams after 12 are in need of a FS as well. The 49ers and Seahawks(if Berry is unavailable at 6) are just a few examples of teams in the teens that could look to draft Thomas.

The FO may be high on them, but that doesn't mean he is a legit starter in the league. Again, good depth player and fill-in starter, but I don't think he'll be a sure fire starter for them in the next few years.

That being said, I think Thomas seems right with the trade up after they released Hamlin.
Originally posted by BoiseNiner:

The FO may be high on them, but that doesn't mean he is a legit starter in the league. Again, good depth player and fill-in starter, but I don't think he'll be a sure fire starter for them in the next few years.

That being said, I think Thomas seems right with the trade up after they released Hamlin.

True. I think going either route(OT or FS) would make the most sense.

The thing i don't get is why would the Dolphins want Barber? I know Parcells really likes the guy but they do have Brown and Ricky still. Both are solid inside the ten as well, which is what Barber is best at. The WildCat inside the 10 with Barber and Ricky on either side of Brown behind center is kinda freaky to think about though.
Share 49ersWebzone