LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 232 users in the forums

Call me Crazy-Full 3 Round v4.0

Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by noobie:
Seattle still takes Clausen with Whitehurst?

Clausen is the better QB, considering Whitehurst has never gotten real playing time BPA w/QB would still apply.

But they gave up a reasonable amount for him. Why even do that trade if they plan to take Clausen?

And i love the 49ers picks in this mock.

I look at it like what we did last year with Jones then getting Crabtree. I think they (Sea) expected Clausen to be gone by Washington's pick...now it obviously wont happen. Wallace was traded so they needed a good backup anyways, Hasselbeck is 34 and his contract expires in 2011.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Clausen is the better QB, considering Whitehurst has never gotten real playing time BPA w/QB would still apply.

But they gave up a reasonable amount for him. Why even do that trade if they plan to take Clausen?

I look at it like what we did last year with Jones then getting Crabtree. I think they (Sea) expected Clausen to be gone by Washington's pick...now it obviously wont happen. Wallace was traded so they needed a good backup anyways, Hasselbeck is 34 and his contract expires in 2011.

Jones wasn't even that big a signing and we didnt give up picks for him. Seattle moved down 20 places in the 2nd round and also gave a 3rd in 2011 right?

Plus they are paying Whitehurst $10 million over the next 2 years. Little expensive for your #3 QB. Plus all the money you will be giving to Clausen too?

Jones wasn't even that big a signing and we didnt give up picks for him. Seattle moved down 20 places in the 2nd round and also gave a 3rd in 2011 right?

Plus they are paying Whitehurst $10 million over the next 2 years. Little expensive for your #3 QB. Plus all the money you will be giving to Clausen too?

Well the initial move was done with the thought of Clausen not being there (this is a theory after all). Granted yes its a lot of money but its an uncapped year and Sea has a lot of money. The initial hit would only be for this year as Hasselbeck will be gone next year. So they would enter 2011 with Clausen and Whitehurst at QB.

Here is Whitehursts contract numbers:
3/17/2010: Signed a two-year, $8 million contract. Another $2 million is available through incentives. 2010-2011: Under Contract, 2012: Free Agent
  • Shifty
  • Veteran

Well the initial move was done with the thought of Clausen not being there (this is a theory after all). Granted yes its a lot of money but its an uncapped year and Sea has a lot of money. The initial hit would only be for this year as Hasselbeck will be gone next year. So they would enter 2011 with Clausen and Whitehurst at QB.

Here is Whitehursts contract numbers:
3/17/2010: Signed a two-year, $8 million contract. Another $2 million is available through incentives. 2010-2011: Under Contract, 2012: Free Agent

I keep forgetting about the no cap. I'm not saying it can't happen. I just think that it won't happen.
I will call you crazy. Trent Williams won't make it to 13 let alone 17. There is no way Seattle doesn't take him at 14 if they don't pick a tackle at 6.
Ok...I'll bite...you're crazy! Nah, not really, but I'd get both my OL in the 1st rd, or at least the OT and one of the top DL. Beef up the trenches...first. The other positions can be divyied (sp) up with the remaining 7 picks. If it's the OT and either Iupati or Pouncey in the 1st, then I'd go w/Alualu in 2nd rd. Getting both trenches beefed up is paramount...we've gotten very little from LDE and it's time to put an end to that. It's well documented both the interior of the OL and RT most definitely need upgrading...so now's the time to get it done.
Share 49ersWebzone