Originally posted by BrianGO:
Not even Reggie White could do it alone.
Sam Bradford is going to be an elite quarterback in the NFL.
He wouldn't be #1 on our board. Several reasons.
1) team is scared of QBs that played exclusively in the spread
2) team is scared of QBs with shoulder injury
3) team indicated that they will not acquire a QB who is not already proven because they like what they have in Smith
4) the QB situation is not desperate. if we don't upgrade the position we have a QB who is realistically a top 20-25 in the NFL. is that good? no. But it's tolorable. St. Luis, on the other hand, have nothing at QB.
5) this is a win now team. they need a guy who is ready to come in and play, not learn the playbook and how to take snaps from under center for the next 3 years
6) team likes AS. why? i don't know, but they do want to see him in the same system for 2 years
Suh, on the other hand, would give them the best D-line in the game, and make them absolutely dominant in the trenches. Sing says that to be successful your O-line needs to play well. Suh would guarantee that the opposition's o-line would not play well, and would thus not be successful against us. He is too good, and makes too much sense.