LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #1

49erswebzone collaborative big board: #1

Who do you want to be #1 on the 49ers big board? In other words, if the 49ers were choosing #1 who would you want them to choose? (If you want to vote for a player that doesn't appear in the poll, just write them in a post and I will put them in the poll.) The final count for the poll will be taken tonight at 12:00 PST.
ok who put earl thomas as #1?
  • LA_NINERS
  • Info N/A
uhhhhhhhhhh
in our scheme suh would probably be a DE or maaaybe a nose in a year or two. 3-4 DE's do not have very much value so okung has to be number. he fills a need and is definitely in the top five of most talented players in this draft
1.Suh
2.Eric Berry
2.Russll Okung
4.Bryan Bulaga
5.Trent Williams
Not even Reggie White could do it alone.
Sam Bradford is going to be an elite quarterback in the NFL.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

And a QB can do it alone? Bradford IMO is not an elite QB prospect. I personally think he is more in the 10-15 range but I will be happy to see the Rams take him as they will have nothing around him for at least the next two years and I don't think Bradford can take a pounding behind a crappy O-Line. Remember at Oklahoma he was rarely touched with two NFL starting OT's protecting him along with being in a very QB friendly offense.

He wouldn't be #1 on our board. Several reasons.

1) team is scared of QBs that played exclusively in the spread
2) team is scared of QBs with shoulder injury
3) team indicated that they will not acquire a QB who is not already proven because they like what they have in Smith
4) the QB situation is not desperate. if we don't upgrade the position we have a QB who is realistically a top 20-25 in the NFL. is that good? no. But it's tolorable. St. Luis, on the other hand, have nothing at QB.
5) this is a win now team. they need a guy who is ready to come in and play, not learn the playbook and how to take snaps from under center for the next 3 years
6) team likes AS. why? i don't know, but they do want to see him in the same system for 2 years

Suh, on the other hand, would give them the best D-line in the game, and make them absolutely dominant in the trenches. Sing says that to be successful your O-line needs to play well. Suh would guarantee that the opposition's o-line would not play well, and would thus not be successful against us. He is too good, and makes too much sense.

Until Willis breaks him in half

[ Edited by jreff22 on Apr 3, 2010 at 17:11:34 ]
Maybe with the next few picks you don't give so many choices. That way it will prevent dumbasses voting for Earl Thomas, Spiller, and other mid 1st round picks

Originally posted by miked1978:
Maybe with the next few picks you don't give so many choices. That way it will prevent dumbasses voting for Earl Thomas, Spiller, and other mid 1st round picks

Good suggestion, I'll do that.
Originally posted by miked1978:

Looks like its Ndamukong Suh, I'll post the next poll...
Share 49ersWebzone